Youth Teams Discussion.

Enigma

Went to watch the U21 vs Slovakia and was fairly impressed considering it was a squad I didn't know so many compared to previous years.

Neat and tidy in possession, rarely gave the ball away and despite being dwarfed physically by the opposition...it didn't seem to matter as we were technically decent.

Stevie may was very impressive up front work rate was terrific and took his goal really well.

Really excited to see Ryan Gauld from what I've seen on the tele - he's the type of player you pay to watch. Why wasn't he included in the 21's and not in the first 11 who drew vs Germany?

3-0 win for us.

Very impressed with the Celtic boy Kalvin Miller, played a wide attacking role and Coutts from Utd who got 2 goals. They certainly made the difference with their quality - all 3 goals were really good finishes. Importantly I thought our team looked sharper and physically more developed than the Irish.

Having said that, in general from what booth has said, the group can pass it better and it did seem that way at times. Game was very frantic but in glimpses this looks like a positive step forward. Also liked the Hearts no 2 at RB made a good contribution to the game.

Wales next up.

Team line up?

Robbie McCrorie (Rangers)

Ross Lyon (Rangers)

Leon Jones (Hearts)

Daniel Higgins (Celtic)

Ross McCrorie (Rangers)

Ben Stirling (Hibs)

Calvin Miller (Celtic)

Sean McKirdy (Hearts)

Kevin O'Hara (Forth Valley)

Frank Ross (Aberdeen)

Alistair Coote (Dundee United)

Subs: Ross Doohan (Celtic), Daniel Harvie (Aberdeen), Mark Hill (Celtic), Joshua Laws (Fortuna Dusseldorf), Regan Hendry (Celtic), Liam Runciman (Motherwell), Ryan Watters (Motherwell), Charlie Gilmour (Arsenal), Aaron Norris (Aberdeen)

I see Jackie McNamara is moaning that Gauld and Souttar weren't given enough "rest" when they were away playing for the U19s.

How dare Scotland pick their best team for a set of qualifying matches.

3 games in 5 days for a geezer who has just turned 17 is quite a lot. 4 in 8 if you include the Kilmarnock game. Gauld picked up an injury but was still on the bench, very stupid.

Only Gauld, Souttar and the Hamilton boy play first team football remember. Speaking of Gauld, he really shouldn't be in the 19s anymore.

Edited by Waffelz

Waffelz wrote:

3 games in 5 days for a geezer who has just turned 17 is quite a lot. 4 in 8 if you include the Kilmarnock game. Gauld picked up an injury but was still on the bench, very stupid.

Only Gauld, Souttar and the Hamilton boy play first team football remember. Speaking of Gauld, he really shouldn't be in the 19s anymore.

Gauld didn't play 3 games in 5 days - he was rested in the last game.

The Scotland U19 manager could equally ask why McNamara didn't rest the two of them ahead of the qualifiers.

Mark O'Hara was in the squad and he plays first team football for Killie.

The only player from Dundee that has a slight chance of making the first team when he's older is Craig Wighton. Excellent young player who has so much potential and I believe he scored a hat trick for the u17s a few weeks ago.

I know we still have a few years to 2020 but it's looking encouraging so far the way youth teams are playing passing, possession etc. IMO Wotte has followed the Dutch route and righty so as it's sort of paid off for them so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland u16s play Wales u16 tonight in their second game in the Victory Shield tonight live on SS1.

Scotland looking for their second win in two in preparation for their final game against England next month.

Cracking conditions! Will watch a bit of this, see how we get on, and the United player Coote who is apparently a decent prospect.

Cracking conditions! Will watch a bit of this, see how we get on, and the United player Coote who is apparently a decent prospect.

he's in my wee sisters school but she refuses to go out with him cause apparently she has a boyfriend

she's a cow