Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Controversial Craig Thomson: The Pride of Gorgie

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • My Team:Dalry Thistle

(from the From The Capital website)

Thomson Named As Ref For Derby Clash

Craig Thomson

By Hibs Admin
August 6 2013

The SFA have outdone themselves once again by handing officiating duties for this Sunday's Edinburgh Derby to the country's "best" referee - Craig Thomson : Hibernian FC hater in chief.

After watching the Partick Thistle v Dundee United match last weekend it ocurred to us at From The Capital Towers that perhaps we had been a little judgemental on Thomson and in fact he was simply a quite rotten referee however the SFA, in their wisdom, have appointed him as the man in charge for possibly the most volatile clash in the Scottish Premiership - The Edinburgh Derby.

Now, those who aren't aware of Mr Thomson's history with Hibs here's a few incidents in recent years to issue judgement :

Awarded Aberdeen a penalty for a clear dive by Dons player Peter Pawlett - A decision branded shambolic by then Hibs star Ivan Sproule.

Booked Hibs star Leigh Griffiths for a dive - which wasn't.

Failed to produce a card for a forearm smash by Hearts midfielder Ian Black on Griffiths in the opening minutes of the Scottish Cup Final in 2012.

Booked Pa Kujabi in the same game for an innocuous challenge. This booking came back to haunt him when he was then booked again for fouling Suso outside the area - an offence so serious Thomson awarded Hearts a penalty kick despite being only yards away from the incident.

During season 2011/12 he refereed Hibs on 7 occasions which resulted in Hibs scoring 1, Conceding 17, Having 19 players booked, 1 sent off whilst the opposition tally was 9 bookings - no reds.

Watched Andy Webster (Hearts) punch a goal bound effort from Isiah Osbourne off the line before awarding a free kick to Hearts for a foul on their goalkeeper (witnessed by no-one else in the 17000 crowd) rather than produce a red card for the Scotland defender.

In the same period he officiated 6 Hearts matches - they won 5, drew the other, had 9 players booked whilst the opposition received 16 yellows and 3 reds. (Anyone spotting the recurring theme yet?)

Going back further Thomson sent off current Scotland star Steven Fletcher during a Scottish Cup tie at Easter Road for a tackle worthy of, at best, a yellow card.

As recent history shows, this particular referee has a chronicle of favouring the opposition against Hibernian and it would be fantastic to hear the club come out and vilify his appointment for this fixture.

The fans will certainly be vociferous in their voice against his appearance once again in a match sure to be full of passion.

In our opinion, Thomson should have been demoted to a Third Division match after his performance last weekend - instead he's handed the plum SPFL tie of the weekend - only in Scottish Football!

Addie

Addie

You started a war that you don't know how to end

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell

Team: Dalry Thistle.

I do wish folk would stop hiding behind smaller club son here when they quite clearly support bigger clubs.

By the way, Francesc Fabregas - he whom so many of you jizzed yourselves over in one of your polls not so long ago - found what I said interesting & enlightening enough to ask me to write for Tell Him He's Pele (I declined, saying if he should be asking anyone it should be HJ). To paraphrase a popular line from this forum's resident wannabes, "just let that sink in".

(Cue tear stained meltdowns from my stalkers like Addie hereafter - how many times is that now you've turned up "accidentally" viewing my profile?)

connorc_hmfc14

connorc_hmfc14

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian
  • Gamertag:CCJambo
That word innocuous again. -_-

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

under construction

CGR

CGR

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Someone ban this tedious cretin.

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,310 posts

:lol:

When did the rules state that a two footed challenge, off the ground, over the ball and with studs showing was only a bookable offence.

Shite teams tend to foul Better teams alot more. Hence the ratio of cards. Hibs spent the majority of 11/12 chasing shadows.

Osman Sow & James Keatings 5-1 Kenny Miller & Kris Boyd

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Someone ban this tedious cretin.

Why?  I was under the impression that this excellent forum is available to supporters of all teams in Scotland who wish to opine and or whine about their own and others' teams.  Like your boyfriend, HD, you don't have the right to ban people from exposing an unpleasant truth.

Incidentally, if I'm so 'tedious' in constantly banging the drum about the unfairness of Controversial Craig's officiating in matches involving Hibs, hertz, or both, believe you me, sunshine, it's no more 'tedious' than us losing to you once more in a manner that has more to do with his whistle than with your play. 

Ken what ah mean, gadgie?

GorgieRoad

GorgieRoad

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Why?

Because you're a fucking weirdo.

5-1

SaintDougie

SaintDougie

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone
  • Gamertag:SaintDougie85

Ha, pretty sure the words "Controversial Craig Thomson" and Hearts have been linked before, the Pride of Gorgie however? Well, thanks for clearing up what we all thought to be true :P

Edited by SaintDougie, 07 August 2013 - 12:45.

Ric

Ric

jinkies!

• Gold Members
  • 36,275 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

Does this need a new thread? Fucking tedious pish from the typically tedious Edinburgh gruesome twosome. 

Secondly, Thompson is a great ref and it's hilarious that Hibs have a stiffy for him. It's almost like they refuse to accept the mistakes they have made on the pitch and want to blame others for them.

DomDom

DomDom

The Genius.

• Gold Members
  • 23,682 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton

So that's Big Rob back, aye?

TAKE TO THE SEA!!!

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Because you're a fucking weirdo.

Says the gadgie in response, i.e. communicating, with me.

Do you understand the concept of irony, amongst other things?

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Does this need a new thread? Fucking tedious pish from the typically tedious Edinburgh gruesome twosome. 

Secondly, Thompson is a great ref and it's hilarious that Hibs have a stiffy for him. It's almost like they refuse to accept the mistakes they have made on the pitch and want to blame others for them.

Yeasssssssssss!  Ric the p***k is here!

The original and best.  Who loves ya, baby? 

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,310 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1OhwJih_ovE

Around the 2 minute mark shows the bookable offence from Fletcher.

Seymour Skinner

Seymour Skinner

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • My Team:Celtic

I genuinely thought this thread was going to be about the full back :lol: 

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1OhwJih_ovE

Around the 2 minute mark shows the bookable offence from Fletcher.

I saw what you did there!  Well done!  Demonstrating, if nothing else, commendable lateral thinking, you're trying to convince yourself (then everyone else) that actually Controversial Craig is a Hibby! 

What will you claim in your next post, that Rodney King begged the LAPD to kick the shite out of him as he lay prostrate on the ground? 

flyingscot

flyingscot

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 6,117 posts

This is a car crash :lol:

I'm sure most fans can point out crap decisions made by nearly every ref. Using Pa Kujabi in the cup final to back up your argument- surely you'd want to forget about him!  :P 

Edited by flyingscot, 07 August 2013 - 12:56.

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,310 posts

This alias isn't big rob. It's clearly that .net throbber who came on a few months back and bored us all to tears with 18 paragraph thread filled with shit puns.

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

This is a car crash :lol:

I'm sure most fans can point out crap decisions made by nearly every ref. Using Pa Kujabi in the cup final to back up your argument- surely you'd want to forget about him!  :P 

I assume that you're taking the fucking piss with your second paragraph. 

Either that or you're missing the very obvious point of the original post. 

(And if you did, believe me, I cannot be fucking arsed to repeat it.)

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

This alias isn't big rob. It's clearly that .net throbber who came on a few months back and bored us all to tears with 18 paragraph thread filled with shit puns.

And how the f**k would you know?

You don't even know whether Controversial Craig favours Hibs or hertz?

Or whether hertz or Hibs' finances are the more parlous? 

In fact, you would appear to know the square root of the square root of f**k-all.

And that is being generous to you.

Love and kisses,

Big Rob

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,310 posts

I assume that you're taking the fucking piss with your second paragraph. 

Either that or you're missing the very obvious point of the original post. 

(And if you did, believe me, I cannot be fucking arsed to repeat it.)

Pa Kujabi- Definite red. Not a penalty.

Steven Fletcher- Definite red.

You're doing yourself no favours.

There's a list as long as your arm of poor decisions given against Hearts in derbies. Especially in that unbeaten run. No one is in on an antihibs conspiracy. You're just shite and have been for years and have looked for excuses in every single derby defeat you have suffered and blamed referees. It's actually quite sad.

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,310 posts

And how the f**k would you know?

You don't even know whether Controversial Craig favours Hibs or hertz?

Or whether hertz or Hibs' finances are the more parlous? 

In fact, you would appear to know the square root of the square root of f**k-all.

And that is being generous to you.

Love and kisses,

Big Rob

Touched a nerve. Still seething about being banned the last time you ventured onto the form you monotonous windbag?

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Pa Kujabi- Definite red. Not a penalty.

Steven Fletcher- Definite red.

You're doing yourself no favours.

There's a list as long as your arm of poor decisions given against Hearts in derbies. Especially in that unbeaten run. No one is in on an antihibs conspiracy. You're just shite and have been for years and have looked for excuses in every single derby defeat you have suffered and blamed referees. It's actually quite sad.

Au contraire.  There has never been a referee; certainly not in the last four decades, who has consistently made the decisions Controversial Craig has.  In all my times following Hibs I can only recall that corrupt tool Dougie McDonald awarding us a penalty; once, when John Rankin fell over. 

But, statto-baws, if you're so cock-sure of this impressive litany that justifies your argument, then why don't you peruse the excellent London Hearts website and provide everyone with it?

A rhetorical question, of course.  Not for the first (or the last) time your rose-tinted delusion about the financial cheats you support has engendered mendacity on your part.  Ergo, you can't support your contention.   

You're telling fibs about Hearts and Hibs.

DAVE1875

DAVE1875

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian
  • Gamertag:SWYD1875 - Xbox Live

Wasn't Thompson the referee who gave us two penalties against Motherwell? One of them in which the tackle happened outside the box

This is where forever gets us; Immoral wishes and oblivion

Hairy Pie Supper

Hairy Pie Supper

Sunday League Starter

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Wasn't Thompson the referee who gave us two penalties against Motherwell? One of them in which the tackle happened outside the box

No.  That was someone else.

Incidentally, Controversial Craig allegedly was carpeted by the SFA for his performance last May.  Which would explain why in the matches of ours he officiated in last season, he was unprecedentedly benign to those in green.

Also, rather wisely, given the consternation caused by his performance last May, he did not referee even one of the five derbies last season, i.e. the one after the Controversial Craig cup final.

Further, during 2011/12, he refereed three out of the four derbies. 

Furthermore, he has a 100% Gorgie success rate in Edinburgh derbies.

Coincidence?  Conspiracy?

You tell me.

Or perhaps you'd like to reserve judgment til 2pm on Sunday.

Shuggie_Murray7

Shuggie_Murray7

I have till five!!!

• Gold Members
  • 9,650 posts

What about other refs who have wronged the Hibees? I highly doubt Thompson gives a single f**k about Hibs.

Austin McCann

Austin McCann

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Craig Thomson

By Hibs Admin
August 6 2013

The SFA have outdone themselves once again by handing officiating duties for this Sunday's Edinburgh Derby to the country's "best" referee - Craig Thomson : Hibernian FC hater in chief.

After watching the Partick Thistle v Dundee United match last weekend it ocurred to us at From The Capital Towers that perhaps we had been a little judgemental on Thomson and in fact he was simply a quite rotten referee however the SFA, in their wisdom, have appointed him as the man in charge for possibly the most volatile clash in the Scottish Premiership - The Edinburgh Derby.

Now, those who aren't aware of Mr Thomson's history with Hibs here's a few incidents in recent years to issue judgement :

Awarded Aberdeen a penalty for a clear dive by Dons player Peter Pawlett - A decision branded shambolic by then Hibs star Ivan Sproule.

Failed to produce a card for a forearm smash by Hearts midfielder Ian Black on Griffiths in the opening minutes of the Scottish Cup Final in 2012.

Booked Pa Kujabi in the same game for an innocuous challenge. This booking came back to haunt him when he was then booked again for fouling Suso outside the area - an offence so serious Thomson awarded Hearts a penalty kick despite being only yards away from the incident.

During season 2011/12 he refereed Hibs on 7 occasions which resulted in Hibs scoring 1, Conceding 17, Having 19 players booked, 1 sent off whilst the opposition tally was 9 bookings - no reds.

Watched Andy Webster (Hearts) punch a goal bound effort from Isiah Osbourne off the line before awarding a free kick to Hearts for a foul on their goalkeeper (witnessed by no-one else in the 17000 crowd) rather than produce a red card for the Scotland defender.

In the same period he officiated 6 Hearts matches - they won 5, drew the other, had 9 players booked whilst the opposition received 16 yellows and 3 reds. (Anyone spotting the recurring theme yet?)

Going back further Thomson sent off current Scotland star Steven Fletcher during a Scottish Cup tie at Easter Road for a tackle worthy of, at best, a yellow card.

As recent history shows, this particular referee has a chronicle of favouring the opposition against Hibernian and it would be fantastic to hear the club come out and vilify his appointment for this fixture.

The fans will certainly be vociferous in their voice against his appearance once again in a match sure to be full of passion.

In our opinion, Thomson should have been demoted to a Third Division match after his performance last weekend - instead he's handed the plum SPFL tie of the weekend - only in Scottish Football!

:)

Akpo Sodje

Akpo Sodje

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 6,577 posts

No.

#money                                                                                                         

hoopy1967

hoopy1967

Licence to get pished!

• Gold Members
  • 8,743 posts
  • Location:You know that big box in your loft that you think keeps moving...
  • My Team:Celtic

This guys a roaster 

Craig Whyte = Legend

This is my story 5-1

This is my story 5-1

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

No.  That was someone else.

Incidentally, Controversial Craig allegedly was carpeted by the SFA for his performance last May.  Which would explain why in the matches of ours he officiated in last season, he was unprecedentedly benign to those in green.

Also, rather wisely, given the consternation caused by his performance last May, he did not referee even one of the five derbies last season, i.e. the one after the Controversial Craig cup final.

Further, during 2011/12, he refereed three out of the four derbies. 

Furthermore, he has a 100% Gorgie success rate in Edinburgh derbies.

Coincidence?  Conspiracy?

You tell me.

Or perhaps you'd like to reserve judgment til 2pm on Sunday.

Get help.

There's absolutely no point in whoever loses this trying to counter any bragging. All or nothing.-SodjesSixteenIncher

This match resulted in Heart of Midlothian being crowned Scottish Cup Champions for the third time in 14 years after a 5-1 victory over Hibernian. 

Since 1902, 112, 10 in a row.

vercol36

vercol36

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Craig Thomson

By Hibs Admin
August 6 2013

Look_At_Me_Please.jpg

TorontoFC - Real Sociedad - Le Mans - Cagliari - Hibernian - RB Leipzig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users