Social Media

Gyleman

Ok, 3 days since the announcement and I'm still as excited as a dug wi' two....well, you know the rest.

Thought it may make sense to have a Social media thread, so we can get to hear direct from the clubs. Post you clubs social media links on here. I'll kick off with my club.

Spartans

Twitter Feed is https://twitter.com/spartansfc ...very active

Website: http://www.spartansfc.com/ ....decent but needs some development - league tables, scores, match details, photos etc.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheSpartansFootballClub could do with a bit of updating

city are on twitter.

there is also a website which is updated occasionally...

personally I favour one of the committee going about with a bell and extolling the news to the masses at the bottom of the Mound:

"hear ye, hear ye, ye injury crisis abates. Ye Ruraidh Scott has recover'd from ye plague, God be praised.."

Just go through the HIghland and Lowland websites and see how SHOCKINGLY AMATEUR most of them are ... and likely to remain so. Let`s not start kidding ourselves again !

The biggest disappointment obviously is the failure of almost every club (apart from SPL and a few others) to regularly engage with their fans and communities.

Just go through the HIghland and Lowland websites and see how SHOCKINGLY AMATEUR most of them are ... and likely to remain so. Let`s not start kidding ourselves again !

The biggest disappointment obviously is the failure of almost every club (apart from SPL and a few others) to regularly engage with their fans and communities.

Hardly surprising as they will be done more than likely by someone with no IT background on a voluntary basis.

Once again have you nothing constructive to offer. Just looking for bites.

The SHFL sites tend to replicate the state of the club at the time.

Buckie, Huntly, Deveronvale have all had decent sites but problems at each mean they aren't what they were. Keith/Rothes have no support thus have little or no presence. My own effort for Lossiemouth has gone downhill since I've had to start putting in a 150 mile round trip to get to games, meaning I've at least 3-4 hours a week less time to look after it. Efforts have been refocused on Twitter and Pussbook and the main site should be up and running in some form this summer.

And has been said, most (like mine) are being run by folk with no knowledge of what they're doing and on a part-time basis.

The SHFL club sites are in a better state than the official/semi-official league media sites, which for long spells last season couldn't sort out a table or fixtures.

Hardly surprising as they will be done more than likely by someone with no IT background on a voluntary basis.

Once again have you nothing constructive to offer. Just looking for bites.

He's got a colossal gall considering what a mismanaged heap his yolasite is: the internet equivalent of one of those village newsletters that used to be knocked up with an old typewriter & clipart before being mimeographed by the vicar in ever fading coughsyrup brown ink.

The SHFL sites tend to replicate the state of the club at the time.

Buckie, Huntly, Deveronvale have all had decent sites but problems at each mean they aren't what they were. Keith/Rothes have no support thus have little or no presence. My own effort for Lossiemouth has gone downhill since I've had to start putting in a 150 mile round trip to get to games, meaning I've at least 3-4 hours a week less time to look after it. Efforts have been refocused on Twitter and Pussbook and the main site should be up and running in some form this summer.

And has been said, most (like mine) are being run by folk with no knowledge of what they're doing and on a part-time basis.

The SHFL club sites are in a better state than the official/semi-official league media sites, which for long spells last season couldn't sort out a table or fixtures.

Twitter is more apt for the Lazy b*****d generation anyway, follow and you don't even have to make the monumental effort of going to all the hassle of logging onto a website, it's pinged right under your nose AND it's a maximum of 140 characters which means limited comprehension is a positive advantage..

Likewise, Vine and the 6 second video was specifically designed for the minute attention span of the average sports fan, year or two that's the future of SPL highlight shows

I can do the whole thing on Twitter by text which makes match updates a piece of piss, and these are repeated on Pussbook instantly.

The official club site doesn't need to include much beyond fixtures, results, reports and photos.

Stirling Uni need to do more with their Site for the upcoming season. I'm sure this is in hand.

For the benefit of new clubs in the league, it does have directions to the campus ... wink !

Aye that's arrite if yous are playing there but ain't you groundhogging eh? :P

Grim

Archived