East Reconstruction

Fife Journeyman

Think we've got the new East Superleague and East Premier division participants sorted now for 2013/14

- how does it look with the big split in Fife? Who's going North and who's heading South?

I assume the rumours over Bankfoot (unfortunate if true) having a year out and the almost imminent arrival (subject to Saturday's Scottish agm) of Star Hearts will have a factor in all of this.

Can anyone shed any enlightenment on how it will look for next season oot East?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If clubs join Lowland League will top 16s run short/will 'extras' be promoted?

The Lowland League ?

The way I approach a major choice in life is to list "What's the best that can happen" and then list "What's the worst that can happen" and then I look at the two lists and then make a decision.

The best that can happen is a season in the brand new Lowland League which owing to the novelty factor may attract a few extra neutral and floating fans. Extra interest from sponsors and hospitality sold out. A possible glamour game in the Big Scottish. A successful season ending in winning the title, thrashing the teuchters and then winning the play offs. The following season assuming all the boxes are ticked it's SFL3 football and games v Clyde, Annan, Montrose, Elgin etc.....then its onwards and upwards as you aim to clinch a place in Europe !!!

The worst that can happen is that the neutral and floating fans drift off as the prospect of playing Threave and Dalbeattie doesn't appeal to them. There may be no derbies to look forward to and you get stuck in the Lowland league for a very long time. No Junior Cup or other cups to compete for which means that clubs used to success will go years without success and the glory hunters that follow them will drift away.

I am generally a cautious chap so for me it's stick with the juniors. Mon the Juniors !!!

One final point - The Highland league charges £7......so will the lowland league have a similar pricing strategy ?

Who are the three clubs? heard Bankfoot and Harthill.

b

Its a lot of bullshit about harthill but we could lose Spartans juniors to the EoS league if their seniors move to the new lowland league in the summer.

b

Its a lot of bullshit about harthill but we could lose Spartans juniors to the EoS league if their seniors move to the new lowland league in the summer.

Pragmatically speaking, would it not be possible for Spartans to effectively play their Junior side in the Lowland league if their place is guaranteed for the following season when the promotion carrot is officially dangled, while continuing in their EoS league with their Senior team?

I

What a load of poop, 9 and 10 team leaigues? haud me back. The new set-up is the best possible solution, unless yer a dinosaur.

The old Division 1 had 10 sides in it before,I remember back then they played 18 league game,had the old style eos f&l,st michaels,and brown cup?.plus the scottish

I'm not disagreeing with the new set up burnie man incase you think that.just saying that the leagues have been smaller.

Think we've got the new East Superleague and East Premier division participants sorted now for 2013/14

- how does it look with the big split in Fife? Who's going North and who's heading South?

I assume the rumours over Bankfoot (unfortunate if true) having a year out and the almost imminent arrival (subject to Saturday's Scottish agm) of Star Hearts will have a factor in all of this.

Can anyone shed any enlightenment on how it will look for next season oot East?

Lochore apparently been told they'll be in the north league next season.

Has no one else been told? I got a text from our Chairman confirming our move to the North. I've heard Lochgelly will be in the South League so the border must go straight through Glencraig

That then supports Star Hearts and Thornton Hibs going North.

Forfar We, Forfar Albion, Dundee North End, Lochee Harp, Coupar Angus, Downfield, Scone Thistle, Blairgowrie, Brechin Vics, Arbroath Vics, East Craigie, Newburgh,

Luncarty, Star Hearts, Thornton Hibs, Lochore looks like the set up to me ?????

Can say now that Spartans juniors are more than likely heading to EOS and probably be called spartans reserves i would think but who knows,I will confirm for definite when I hear from the gaffer but likely to be confirmed in next few days,but who knows with this merry go round lol.

I'm told from a guy at work that at last year's AGM it was voted thru that Newburgh would be only Fife team heading North. I take it he's picked up the wrong end of the stick? As far as clubs playing in North one season then South the next - that's a bloody farce. You're surely either a North club or a South club. That would make club(s) treated like this feel like a piece of sh*t. Squeeze you in someplace just to give you a game, sonny.

I'm told from a guy at work that at last year's AGM it was voted thru that Newburgh would be only Fife team heading North. I take it he's picked up the wrong end of the stick? As far as clubs playing in North one season then South the next - that's a bloody farce. You're surely either a North club or a South club. That would make club(s) treated like this feel like a piece of sh*t. Squeeze you in someplace just to give you a game, sonny.

Lochore guy hardly seems dismayed to be going North ;)

Maybe something to do with the fact he lives in Aberfeldy, eh! What a loadyshite though if Lochore are in South Division in 2014/15. At least Haddington know for sure they'll only ever be considered a South side if they're not in Super or Premier. To me this set-up leaves Fife clubs looking like second class citizens.

Maybe something to do with the fact he lives in Aberfeldy, eh! What a loadyshite though if Lochore are in South Division in 2014/15. At least Haddington know for sure they'll only ever be considered a South side if they're not in Super or Premier. To me this set-up leaves Fife clubs looking like second class citizens.

Unless there's a sudden influx of Border clubs form somwhere, we're always gonna be on the edge

19th june 2012 east region AGM minutes.

There will be no relegation from the premier league with the remaining eight clubs along with 4 from the south league, top 2 from the cenrtral league and the top 2 from the north league making up the premier league.

The two remaining leagues will consist of north league teams plus perth teams AND NEWBURGH, forming the north league, and the south league will be formed with ALL remaining south league clubs AND SOUTH FIFE CLUBS.

That is what is in the minutes and No one can change that for two years, it doesn't matter if there's 18 or 19 south teams and only 13 or 14 north teams thats what was voted for and that what were stuck with, and it'll worse next season if 4 fife or lothians teams get relegated back to the south league.

It was a STUPID reconstruction then and it's looking like a bigger feck up now.

Teams such as HOB and Kelty had higher average crowds in the old Fife League. They were also financially better off, please do not dispute this, so no reconstruction since then has been a good idea.

19th june 2012 east region AGM minutes.

There will be no relegation from the premier league with the remaining eight clubs along with 4 from the south league, top 2 from the cenrtral league and the top 2 from the north league making up the premier league.

The two remaining leagues will consist of north league teams plus perth teams AND NEWBURGH, forming the north league, and the south league will be formed with ALL remaining south league clubs AND SOUTH FIFE CLUBS.

That is what is in the minutes and No one can change that for two years, it doesn't matter if there's 18 or 19 south teams and only 13 or 14 north teams thats what was voted for and that what were stuck with, and it'll worse next season if 4 fife or lothians teams get relegated back to the south league.

It was a STUPID reconstruction then and it's looking like a bigger feck up now.

This was a crazy decision voted through by clubs who thought they would get a quick pass to the Super League !!! Some of those clubs will never get there and the sensible clubs who voted against the proposal will be punished financially with travel costs and midweek games causing a real problem.

Kennoway star hearts are officialy a junior side following a meeting in Aberdeen today ,im glad we were able to bow out with some silverware in star hearts last season as an amateur club and are now able to bring junior football back to Kennoway people after 110 years and for the first time to the village of Star i dont think many can disagree Star hearts are officially the most succesful amateur team in fife with a record 10 fife cup wins 7 in a row ( scottish cup winners 1975 ( kingdom league winners and to many trophys to mention we look forward to the new challenge

Archived