Darren Fletcher

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb 2nd half today, people rave about Carrick so badly but Fletcher has everything in his locker that Carrick does but in my opinion gets about the park winning the ball a lot more, loved watching him tonight. Great performance!

Carrick's a far better passer than Fletcher is.

Fletcher's basically a better version of Cleverley. Carrick and Fletcher are Man Utd's best midfield pairing, I would say.

Carrick's a far better passer than Fletcher is.

Fletcher's basically a better version of Cleverley. Carrick and Fletcher are Man Utd's best midfield pairing, I would say.

Fletcher played some great passes today for a player who has been out for so long

Fletcher played some great passes today for a player who has been out for so long

Absolutely, he certainly did. I thought he was excellent today. He looks a touch peely wally and he's lost a tonne of weight, but I presume that's to be expected. He's been their best central midfielder since he's come back, I only hope he's not being rushed.

Absolutely, he certainly did. I thought he was excellent today. He looks a touch peely wally and he's lost a tonne of weight, but I presume that's to be expected. He's been their best central midfielder since he's come back, I only hope he's not being rushed.

i think what you said about Carrick being the better passer only applies when they have 10 square yards and a few seconds to play the pass, under pressure Fletcher is the better distributer of the ball. IMO of course

i think what you said about Carrick being the better passer only applies when they have 10 square yards and a few seconds to play the pass, under pressure Fletcher is the better distributer of the ball. IMO of course

Yeah would probably agree with that, if Carrick has time he can play some cracking passes but the amount of times Fletch received the ball tonight under immense pressure and came away with a cracking pass was unreal, I said it early on to my dad and it just kept happening, one step ahead. But they are most definitely the best pairing there, if they have Rooney just infront of them with RVP uptop and Januzaj on the left, Valencia on the right they could be onto something.

after getting caught in possesion in the 1st half I feared the worst . However that 2nd half performance is as good as ive seen darren fletcher. His passing at times was sublime.

great player, great professional and a role model

He will make a fantastic united manager one day

I know he was never a chubber, but he looks gaunt now. The illness has clearly taken a massive amount out of him. The fact that he's even made it back to football, let alone playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, is amazing.

Now just need to hope he doesn't have any more setbacks, and we can welcome him back at the next proper home game.

I know he was never a chubber, but he looks gaunt now. The illness has clearly taken a massive amount out of him. The fact that he's even made it back to football, let alone playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, is amazing.

Now just need to hope he doesn't have any more setbacks, and we can welcome him back at the next proper home game.

This

Haven't read much of this thread, I think Darren Fletcher is the player Man. utd. Have missed all year. He will provide the midfield control of a match which has been lacking in their team. As far as Scotland is concerned. I don't think he will ever get properly recognised for the class act he is. He has been two or three moves ahead of his teammates in games so looks poor because of that. In other words he is too good for Scotland. I wish him well and hope he gets his place back at man u he is far better than Michael carrick and if he stays fit will make them a better team.

Haven't read much of this thread, I think Darren Fletcher is the player Man. utd. Have missed all year. He will provide the midfield control of a match which has been lacking in their team. As far as Scotland is concerned. I don't think he will ever get properly recognised for the class act he is. He has been two or three moves ahead of his teammates in games so looks poor because of that. In other words he is too good for Scotland. I wish him well and hope he gets his place back at man u he is far better than Michael carrick and if he stays fit will make them a better team.

I agree with a lot of this but certainly not the "he is too good for Scotland" part. I think he tries to - or is asked to - do too much for Scotland. He's a genuinely brilliant defensive midfielder but not the driving force a lot of people suddenly seem to expect him to be when he pulls on the dark blue.

Archived