Darren Fletcher

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a pathetic idiot. There is nothing racist about making sweeping inoffensive generalisations when those sweeping and inoffensive generalisations are backed up by not only 2 years of my own personal experiences and also widely accepted fact. Racism isn't in making general observations, but in prejudging individuals by those generalisations.

The fact is that a large amount on fans in countries like Japan, South Korea and to a lesser extent China will support a team with a star player from their nation playing in them. They might not be die-hard fans, but they are quite likely to buy replica shirts, watch games on tv, and make a lot of effort to get to games should they ever visit the country where the club is based. This is sold hard fact, not racism.

Grow the f**k up

I agreed with you that Park was signed because he was a good player, but to claim that there isn't an extent to which the Asian consumer market switches its loyalties, at least in European teams, to match the clubs fielding players from their nation, is totally false.

You are a pathetic idiot. There is nothing racist about making sweeping inoffensive generalisations when those sweeping and inoffensive generalisations are backed up by not only 2 years of my own personal experiences and also widely accepted fact. Racism isn't in making general observations, but in prejudging individuals by those generalisations.

The fact is that a large amount on fans in countries like Japan, South Korea and to a lesser extent China will support a team with a star player from their nation playing in them. They might not be die-hard fans, but they are quite likely to buy replica shirts, watch games on tv, and make a lot of effort to get to games should they ever visit the country where the club is based. This is sold hard fact, not racism.

Grow the f**k up

:1eye You are an absolute basket-case. Another lie? How's your law career going, even though you don't know what a restrictive covenant is. Is "football the law" still?

Two years of your own observation? For what it's worth I lived in Japan for four years, but I wouldn't use that to back up my own prejudiced nonsense. It's irrelevant, especially as you have already been shown to be lying about being a lawyer. Of course it's racist, and it's nonsense. You claimed "Asians" are "less discerning" than Europeans. That's palpable racism. And it's no surprise that you and your co-horts/aliases red-dotted me for pointing it out. That basket case McKee backing you up in the midst of one of his periodic breakdowns doesn't justify your insane point.

Did thousands of Glaswegians start supporting Borussia Dortmund when Paul Lambert signed? If not, why not? Was he signed to tap into the Scottish market? If not, why not? What about Derek Riordan in China? Was that for the same reason? If not, why not?

I still stand by that comment, in that any aspect of football which is in direct contravention of the law can have a case brought to the courts to be judged by the law should all internal remedies be exhausted. It is plain and simple fact.

I wasn't lying about being a lawyer, although I don't work with UK law, and never have.

You conviently quote half of my comment, whilst leaving out the bit that justifies it.

I don't claim Asians are less discerning than Europeans. I claim that a large number of Asian supporters are more willing than a large number of their European counterparts to switch allegiances of a favourite foreign or European team to match the current club of players from their own nation. This is fact.

Thousands of Glaswegians did not support Dortmund when Lambert signed, as they are not generally as predisposed to such fanatic support of foreign teams based on having one of their players. There will have been some, but not as many. This is why these players were not signed to tap into the Scottish market, because there isn't a sizeable transferable Scottish market. Not only because Scottish fans aren't as willing to splash out on replica shirts etc on the basis of one player, but also because the entire Scottish market is smaller.

I agreed with you that Park was signed because he was good at football, but not that such signings do not lead to marketing benefits, which come as a result of the way in which fans from SK, Japan, China, will 'support' a team who has one of their players.

You are using the defense of racism to falsely deny non-racist and well-reasoned factual observations, which is pathetic and childish.

Anyway back to Darren Fletcher.

He pops into Bonnyrigg games when he is in this neck of the woods and I was speaking to him about a month ago. He said that that he will be back for preseason and it will be the first preseason he has done in 4 so should set him in good stead to get back into things as trying to come back half way into season is very very difficult.

Great guy, wish him all the best, he is very determined,if there is a will there is a way.

He pops into Bonnyrigg games when he is in this neck of the woods and I was speaking to him about a month ago. He said that that he will be back for preseason and it will be the first preseason he has done in 4 so should set him in good stead to get back into things as trying to come back half way into season is very very difficult.

Great guy, wish him all the best, he is very determined,if there is a will there is a way.

Agreed, I would aboslutely love to see him back regularly in Man Utd and Scotland shirts, and disagree with the suggestion that Fergie leaving will be the end of him

good stuff. hope he pulls through. guy is an inspiration . complete professionald seems a gentleman

I don't think Fergie has anything to do with it. Moyes likes him as a great professional and player I am sure. But his condition is a really tough one to recover from. I really hope he comes back better than ever as Scotland need his presence and skillset. I am skeptical but wish him all the best!

I don't think Fergie has anything to do with it. Moyes likes him as a great professional and player I am sure. But his condition is a really tough one to recover from. I really hope he comes back better than ever as Scotland need his presence and skillset. I am skeptical but wish him all the best!

Here here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I see Fletcher resumed full training yesterday. From what I can gather, his condition is cured so things are looking good. He might not reach the same levels as he did before but if he's even half the player he was before the illness then he'll be useful for us.

BXLqt_uCYAEkpTN.jpg

Agree with Frank Chickens here in parts, there was a wee documentary clip and a very good column done by one of the papers on Asian fans, they do most definitely support teams on the basis that one of their countries star players plays for them. I dont see what the big deal or argument is about to be honest?

I see Fletcher resumed full training yesterday. From what I can gather, his condition is cured so things are looking good. He might not reach the same levels as he did before but if he's even half the player he was before the illness then he'll be useful for us.

BXLqt_uCYAEkpTN.jpg

I didn't think UC could be cured, only managed? Great news though and even if he never makes it back to international level I'm delighted for him.

I didn't think UC could be cured, only managed? Great news though and even if he never makes it back to international level I'm delighted for him.

As I understand it, he had the inflamed section removed in his operation, which means the UC is no longer there.

Would love Martinez to take him for a few months at Wigan and get games and fitness back.Plus they are in Europe to another plus point,a good level to get back into the running for things at United and for us with Alba

Would love Martinez to take him for a few months at Wigan and get games and fitness back.Plus they are in Europe to another plus point,a good level to get back into the running for things at United and for us with Alba

Not a bad shout, but I doubt he'll play first team footy anywhere till December at the earliest, probably next year realistically

Archived