Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Warriors VS Wasps

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Wasps1

Wasps1

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • My Team:Alloa Athletic
Another tough away fixture hope we can keep the away run going. Wasps win by one goal

printer

printer

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts
Insightful as always.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Francesc Fabregas

Francesc Fabregas

Yes he does.

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,235 posts
  • Location:I'm so happy I have you as my best friend, and I love Lisa so much.
  • My Team:Stenhousemuir

Very difficult game for Stenhousemuir tomorrow but what will be of the greatest interest will how the team responds to Tuesday night's disgrace. If the Warriors show the same effort as they have against Ayr and Brechin then there's no reason why we cannot win the game; a performance like that against Albion Rovers and we will be torn asunder.

In light of his howler on Tuesday and his poor performances, Callum Reidford has left Martyn Corrigan with a dilemma: persist with the erratic, unpopular goalkeeper or drop him in favour of the young Dean Shaw? Shaw certainly couldn't do any worse than his elder. I'm still stupefied as to why the problem was not addressed by the manager in January.

Anyway. Alloa are one of the best side's in the league and with Calum Eliot in their team, they seem a terrifying prospect. It should be a very decent game anyway, and I'm disappointed work commitments have precluded my attendance.

bsd

bsd

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Insightful as always.

Meeeouw!

Looking forward to this as I rarely get to away games these days. Looks like we might have Young and Marr back which will strengthen the team. I would be tempted to go with all 3 of Cawley, Elliot and Grehan starting. Especially if Mbu continues his, I'm led to believe anyway, patchy form. This of course might mean that superstar Simmons has to miss out.

Was surprised at how easily we won the first game at Ochilview as it's usually a tough test. Always enjoy going through. A day of many stations.

Talking of insightful, anyone know whatever happened to that wasps1212 poster. He's been awfy quiet recently. Always looked forward to reading his posts.

Francesc Fabregas

Francesc Fabregas

Yes he does.

• Gold Members
  • 8,235 posts
  • Location:I'm so happy I have you as my best friend, and I love Lisa so much.

The ties between the two sides have been fascinating contests so far. The first at the Recs, we easily beat an out-of-sorts Alloa 2-0; at the return fixture at Ochilview, we phoned in a dreadful performance and were turned over 0-2; and in January, we contested a fairly even game only separated by a lovely goal from Ryan McCord - while we never truly unsettled Bain in goals, we certainly had the majority of the play (although Alloa should have cut us open with one of their numerous counter-attacks). I'm expecting more of the same tomorrow - the head says a draw at best, but more likely an away victory.

Wasps1212 is some banana. Imagine going for a pint with him and Geordie.

bsd

bsd

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Wasps1212 is some banana. Imagine going for a pint with him and Geordie.

Trust me, you don't know the half of it.

printer

printer

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,170 posts
Only joking of course. It's all part of the internet forum banter we love!

Looking forward to the game. We wobbled a bit two or three weeks ago, but PH moved quickly to address the relative weakness up front and the signing of Calum Elliot has given us a real boost going forwards.

Last two good away wins have been while Darren Young and Jason Marr have been out. I expect they will come back in as, well though Simmons and Meggatt have done, it is difficult to leave players of that class out. Decision for the manager will be whether those two drop to the bench or perhaps shift Moon and Sparky there.

Looking at their squad, Stenny certainly seem to have underachieved this season. You could say that about another couple of teams in the league. Really we have been incredibly consistent for about eighteen months now and if we lose on Saturday they will have to play well.

Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Not really that much between the teams in the games so far to be honest. The first 2 games were pretty similar. Stenny won at Recs fairly comfortably with Alloa well below par, and vice versa at Ochilview. The new year game Alloa shaded a fairly close match.

Gemmell hasnt played against Alloa yet this season- be interesting to see what he brings. I dont think I've seen him play since his days at Cowden and Montrose- obviously he's improved a bit since then.

I was stunned that Stenny lost to Rovers in midweek after we beat them so comfortably on the Saturday. A few of the Alloa boys I think punted fairly heavily on Stenny as well, thinking it was a stonewall certainty. Thats football as they say.

Anyway, looking forward to the trip to the Warriors Club as per the norm these days. Elliot has looked class for us so far, and hopefully Young will be fit enough to come back in.

bsd

bsd

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

According to the SFL site Young is still out and Gordon serves a one match ban. Marr should be back though. So Marr and Meggat at CB. Docherty at LB. Should be OK.

Not seen Elliot yet but only heard good things. Seems that him arriving has sparked Grehan up a bit.

Neilly

Neilly

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,852 posts
Missing McMillan and McKinlay is proving massive for us we just simply can't cope when we lose any of our back four nevermind two of our stalwarts. Mbu has been horrid I really fear for us tomorrow.

Our first 11 I would fancy us to win but with the enforced changes I just can't see it especially after Tuesdays farce.
This is my territory be on your way...

Georgie

Georgie

Third Division Apprentice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
[quote name="Francesc Fabregas" post="7133457" timestamp="1362754881"]The ties between the two sides have been fascinating contests so far. The first at the Recs, we easily beat an out-of-sorts Alloa 2-0; at the return fixture at Ochilview, we phoned in a dreadful performance and were turned over 0-2; and in January, we contested a fairly even game only separated by a lovely goal from Ryan McCord - while we never truly unsettled Bain in goals, we certainly had the majority of the play (although Alloa should have cut us open with one of their numerous counter-attacks). I'm expecting more of the same tomorrow - the head says a draw at best, but more likely an away victory.

Wasps1212 is some banana. Imagine going for a pint with him and Geordie.[/

I'm tea total-never drink on an empty heed lol

Waspie

Waspie

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,768 posts

Talking of insightful, anyone know whatever happened to that wasps1212 poster. He's been awfy quiet recently. Always looked forward to reading his posts.

Very strange. Perhaps wasps1 stepped us his security and no longer leaves his the door open for wasps1212 to come in and use his computer. Perhaps wasps1212 just got sick of travelling from Lenzie to use wasps1's computer. Haven't heard much from wasps1212 since he slated Paul Hartley after the Arbroath game at the Recs.

Tough game tomorrow with some really good players in the Stenny squad. I have always thought Mbu was really overrated by Cowdenbeath fans so no doubt he will have a great game against the Wasps.

Georgie

Georgie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Very strange. Perhaps wasps1 stepped us his security and no longer leaves his the door open for wasps1212 to come in and use his computer. Perhaps wasps1212 just got sick of travelling from Lenzie to use wasps1's computer. Haven't heard much from wasps1212 since he slated Paul Hartley after the Arbroath game at the Recs.

Tough game tomorrow with some really good players in the Stenny squad. I have always thought Mbu was really overrated by Cowdenbeath fans so no doubt he will have a great game against the Wasps.

Oh no not again !

wasps1212

wasps1212

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • My Team:Scotland

Meeeouw!

Looking forward to this as I rarely get to away games these days. Looks like we might have Young and Marr back which will strengthen the team. I would be tempted to go with all 3 of Cawley, Elliot and Grehan starting. Especially if Mbu continues his, I'm led to believe anyway, patchy form. This of course might mean that superstar Simmons has to miss out.

Was surprised at how easily we won the first game at Ochilview as it's usually a tough test. Always enjoy going through. A day of many stations.

Am never far away but fed up fighting with you lot been on a short holiday but see you all fans tomorrow hope we get a result but would be happy with a draw. Mind am never far away

Neilly

Neilly

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,852 posts

Should really have won that today. Considering we were missing 5 starters we absolutely bossed Alloa in the 2nd half and their keeper made a few outstanding saves. 

Calum Elliot is a diving wee cretin. The road to Bo'ness Juniors starts here.

This is my territory be on your way...

JUNIORFAN

JUNIORFAN

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Thot the ref had a great game. Kept a lid when the game threatened to explode and gave a terrific advantage at the Stenny goal. The penalty was a stonewaller but Buist didn't need to make the tackle as the guy was going out the box !! Don't know why he was getting pelters at the end ????

beaver1

beaver1

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Keeper made 4 excellent saves from Gemmell. Same as Brechin the week before, more dropped points at home. These draws are killing us.

Iain Thomson my MOTM (aside from the Alloa keeper) closely followed by Jamie Reid who has surely got himself a starting slot for next week. He turned the game around when he came on.

beaver1

beaver1

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Thot the ref had a great game. Kept a lid when the game threatened to explode and gave a terrific advantage at the Stenny goal. The penalty was a stonewaller but Buist didn't need to make the tackle as the guy was going out the box !! Don't know why he was getting pelters at the end ????

Did he play advantage? If he did, then he should have booked the Alloa player after the goal went in (if he did I missed it)

Not sure about the pelters, but the hand ball a minute or so before the equaliser was as clear as day, may have contributed.

printer

printer

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,170 posts

Stenny will be disappointed they didn't win the game. They were the stronger side the longer the game went on. Credit to Bain in particular for earning us a point, but we have come to expect that from him.

First half I thought we were the better team against the wind and I fully expected us to come out and take the three points after going in at half time 1-0 up. We didn't seem to be able to get our passing game going as well as we probably needed to. How much of that was down to the opposition playing well and how much was us not firing on all cyclinders I'm not sure. Certainly again when the chips were down we missed Darren Young's leadership and ability to keep doing the simple but effective things under pressure. Simmons has done well when called to stand in to the holding midfield role, but having a properly fit Darren for the business end of the season may make the difference between winning promotion and not.

Our front two were a little quiet second half and I feel we will probably see Kevin Cawley start for Grehan next week.

First time Gemmell has featured against us this season and he certainly made a difference. Marr and Meggatt did well against him, but a taller centre like Ben Gordon was really required. Bomber still a class act and I'd certainly welcome back Scott Buist to the Recs.

Georgie

Georgie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
Game of two halfs. Grehan should have sealed it .good point in the end

Jerry you should learn :-) ref was superb !!

Waspie

Waspie

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,768 posts

Good point for us as Stenny were the better team. We should really have been behind in about 20 seconds with Marr dithering and being dispossessed. Great save by Bain but Gemmell should have scored. Marr actually made a couple of brilliant tackles on Gemmell as the game progressed and he did well with Meggat in the middle of the defence given they don't normally play together. We probably just about shaded the first half and I was quite hopeful at that point but our second half display was poor and Stenny were well worth their equaliser. We had a couple of good chances for another goal without looking too convincing and we certainly never got going properly with our passing game. One particularly good save by Bain in the second half when Stenny looked sure to sure. A point a good outcome for us in the circumstances. Hopefully Young is back for next weekend as he is steadies the whole team. Gordon back into centre defence will also improve the team and I would get Cawley back in for Grehan too. 

I thought Stenny looked pretty decent. Gemmell's free kick off the bar was an outstanding hit. As printer said, Bomber was just class at RB, he didn't put a foot wrong all day. Buist did well too, other than the penalty. The Stenny sub was impressive, quick and direct.

Edited by Waspie, 09 March 2013 - 23:49.

wasps1212

wasps1212

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Strange game great first half but poor second good point in the end what was going on at the back of the terracing we were down the front but couldn't see what was going on was someone. Arrested ????

GRUNTER

GRUNTER

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Keeper made 4 excellent saves from Gemmell. Same as Brechin the week before, more dropped points at home. These draws are killing us.

Iain Thomson my MOTM (aside from the Alloa keeper) closely followed by Jamie Reid who has surely got himself a starting slot for next week. He turned the game around when he came on.

Have to agree, Jamie Reid is in a different class, when he gets the ball he brings the game alive,he has a good football brain you can see this with the positions he gets in with plenty space. I  cant understand why he has not been getting a start.

Martin has been playing the safe game and by doing so we will stay where we are in the league playing for draws

Georgie

Georgie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Strange game great first half but poor second good point in the end what was going on at the back of the terracing we were down the front but couldn't see what was going on was someone. Arrested ????

I think Robert Wilson sorted it out.

BigMartyn86

BigMartyn86

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Great day out but the game was a bit dross. Alloa were brought down to Stennys level in the second half. Got involved in route one football and a kicking game, Elliot was kicked off the ball every time he got it and Docherty was woeful. If we kept passing the ball around then we would have hammered them. I was impressed by the number 12 for Stenny. I thought he had a good game and he would be a good addition to our Squad. Fair play to the Stenny fans though. It's got to be hard watching mediocre football week in week out. Saying that Buist and Bomber have plenty of experience in that department due to their time under Maitland.

BigMartyn86

BigMartyn86

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

It was getting proper nawty on the terracing! Seen a few weapons in amongst the battle royale. There was a mace, claymore, anvil and some other nutty choices. I'm glad that top geezer Robert "bravo two zero" Wilson came charging in and sorted it out.

Georgie

Georgie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

It was getting proper nawty on the terracing! Seen a few weapons in amongst the battle royale. There was a mace, claymore, anvil and some other nutty choices. I'm glad that top geezer Robert "bravo two zero" Wilson came charging in and sorted it out.

Martyn they sent a steward up beside me and PC-proper naughty lol

pencils

pencils

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,247 posts
  • Gamertag:Rossc2007
Dunno what was more ridiculous. All the stewards for a wee girl being on someone's shoulders or the boy getting stuck in the skip outside the ground!
Posted Image

adventpc

adventpc

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

:) hilites of the match on stenny's website ;)

WARRIORS TV

Warriors TV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users