Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Football Podcasts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Shuggie_Murray7

Shuggie_Murray7

I have till five!!!

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,320 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
  • WC Team:Italy

I guarantee it has been done before...

....but what are the best football podcasts P&B listens to? I'm looking for suggestions.

The floor is yours.

Lex

Lex

Esse Est Percipi

• Platinum Members
  • 9,213 posts
  • WC Team:Honduras
  • Gamertag:Lexatar

Football Weekly is the best one.  James Richardson ( of Football Italia fame ) hosts and regular pundits are Sid Lowe, Barry Glendenning and Rafa Honegstein.  They have a great balance between humour and good footballing debate.  It is released twice a week, Thursday and Monday and is between 40 and 50 minutes long.  Football Ramble and The Game have similar ideas to Football Weekly but don't execute it nearly as well.

The World Football Phone in with Dotun Adebayo, Tim Vickery ( the Legendinho ) and one other guest is on in the early hours of Saturday morning on 5 live but is also available on podcasts.  It's fantastic and Vickery's knowledge of South American football is amazing.  

The other guests are a bit hit and miss.   The African expert Durisimmie someone is hopeless and his phone line always cuts out.  Their European expert was Andy Brassell ( the top brass ) but he has left and has been replaced with Mina Razooki.  She is an absolute darling to look at and listen to but her knowledge is nowhere near as extensive.  The best expert outside Vickery is the North American soccer pundit Greg Wheelock ( the big wheel ).   Definitely worth a listen, out every Saturday and about 90 minutes long.

Another decent one is World Football with Alan Green.  It's once a week and is about half an hour long.  It's like FIFA football mundial on the radio, a documentary style show focusing on guests and interviews more than current stories.

Apart from that your best bits are just to stick with the main stream ones.  The Scottish Football BBC podcast is normally a decent listen and is out every day, 5 Live football daily isn't out every day ( despite the name ) and varies in length.  The 606 phone in is usually a good listen but with 2 shows a weekend it is a bit long, best bet is the top calls podcast which is about 20 minutes in length.   Sky have the Sunday Supplement and the Footballers Football Show available on podcast aswell, they are normally pretty informative and are a lot more enjoyable without the adverts.  

If you enjoy some car crash radio and a few good laughs at statements the callers don't intend to be funny, Clyde 1 Superscoreboard is now available as a podcast.  

Edited by Lex, 08 March 2013 - 13:18.

Stuart Cosgrove  20/7/13 - ' One guy I've always admired on Pie and Bovril is a St Mirren fan called Lex.  He's always in there defending St Mirren, even in the face of things that are indefensible, so good on him, i like a guy that supports his club online. '

http://www.bettertogether.net/

@lexatar

Shuggie_Murray7

Shuggie_Murray7

I have till five!!!

• Gold Members
  • 9,320 posts

My mains ones I keep up with are Football Weekly, The Football Ramble and Italian Serie A Football Fancast (I listen just for the intro music). Contemplating whether or not to give the Sky Sports Football Podcast I listen to.

DomDom

DomDom

The Genius.

• Gold Members
  • 23,682 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton

Football Weekly is about all I have to add as well.

TAKE TO THE SEA!!!

mozam76

mozam76

SPL Regular

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts
  • My Team:Livingston
  • WC Team:Bosnia-Herzegovina

Football Weekly for me. James Richardson is excellent as are the usual guys that are on it, Glendinning, Honigstein, Lowe etc. Honourable mentions though go to Michael Hahn (music journo and QPR fan, who has been brilliant to listen to when talking of QPR this season), Phillipe Auclair and the delightful tones of Amy Lawrence.

I quite enjoy The Game as well, and the Sportsound Daily one is ok, but it won't ever reach the heights of last summer.

"Playing as part of the Reiver's lost cause hasn't stopped Con De Lange from racking up 74 not out with an over remaining. This included a six that cleared the sight screen and hit a Subaru"

Topcat (themosttiptop) - proof that there is light in the tunnel. What that light is, nobody knows.

DomDom

DomDom

The Genius.

• Gold Members
  • 23,682 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton

Glendenning is my favourite non-Richardson member of the team.

TAKE TO THE SEA!!!

MariusZaliukas

MariusZaliukas

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian
Football weekly is the best podcast out there. I also listen to The Game and Talking Fusball.

"When Messi's scored
1,283 goals like me, when he's won three

World Cups, we'll talk about it,"

Shuggie_Murray7

Shuggie_Murray7

I have till five!!!

• Gold Members
  • 9,320 posts

Gave an MLS podcast a listen to this afternoon....it was fucking abysmal.

CM Punk

CM Punk

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • My Team:Albion Rovers
The Football Ramble is fantastic once you get into the humour of it .

Football Weekly is fantastic quality and out twice a week

The Game is a poor mans football weekly suffers from poor guests (I'm looking at you Cascarino) and the fact the conversation is stilted because they aren't all in the same studio

ginge123

ginge123

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • My Team:Livingston
  • Gamertag:xbox360: cmccormack91

The World Football Phone in with Dotun Adebayo, Tim Vickery ( the Legendinho ) and one other guest is on in the early hours of Saturday morning on 5 live but is also available on podcasts. It's fantastic and Vickery's knowledge of South American football is amazing.

The other guests are a bit hit and miss. The African expert Durisimmie someone is hopeless and his phone line always cuts out. Their European expert was Andy Brassell ( the top brass ) but he has left and has been replaced with Mina Razooki. She is an absolute darling to look at and listen to but her knowledge is nowhere near as extensive. The best expert outside Vickery is the North American soccer pundit Greg Wheelock ( the big wheel ). Definitely worth a listen, out every Saturday and about 90 minutes long.

I like World Football Phone-in but Dalton can be a total pain in the arse and the people that phone in always ride the thin line between cringeworthy and zoomer.

That said Vickery et al can make it a really interesting listen.
@cmccormack91- Sign the Yes Declaration: http://www.yesscotland.net/declaration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users