Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Fee payment to clubs spl 2012/13

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian
League position at end of Season 2012/13 % of 2012/13Net Commercial Revenues
1. 17.0%  (was 17% last year)
2. 10.5% (was 15% last year)
3. 9.5% ( was 9.5% last year)
4. 9.0% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
5. 8.5% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
6. 8.0% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
7. 7.5% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
8. 7.0% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
9. 6.5% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
10. 6.0% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
11. 5.5% (up 0.5 % on last year  )
12. 5.0% (up 0.5 % on last year  )

Unless I have missed this has this been in the press ?

Search for "C4.3A For Season 2012/13 only " in the rules.

Basically Celtic(1st place) keep all the cash they would usually get and the
2nd place team has had their prize money(2nd place used to be known
as Rangers) Spread out amongst the teams.

Just that people keep saying how important finishing 2nd is.

Edited by RotWeissEssen, 07 March 2013 - 22:45.

Jim McLean's Ghost

Jim McLean's Ghost

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
Outrageous move by the SPL. How can they justify redistributing revenue from 2nd place but leave 1st place money alone? How did such a scenario come about? I am appalled by every club that thought this was the right way to make the SPL fairer.

AberdeenHibee

AberdeenHibee

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Outrageous move by the SPL. How can they justify redistributing revenue from 2nd place but leave 1st place money alone? How did such a scenario come about? I am appalled by every club that thought this was the right way to make the SPL fairer.

Do think its pretty shan how for OldCo they were bringing in 15% every year on top of tv money and now they are gone they decide to make it fairer...stick your mortgage on the figures being altered when they come back  :thumbsdown

Heart of Midlothian: RELEGATED: 5th April 2014. 

D-Day: Monday 7th April 2014

Harris, Handling, Forster, Stanton, Cummings: the future is bright. 

peeeel

peeeel

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd
  • Gamertag:peeeel1983 PS3 & Steam
To be honest this is pritty fair for them, could have been 1st=21.5%

Jim McLean's Ghost

Jim McLean's Ghost

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
What I am more annoyed about is that instead sticking up to the OF the daddies have capitulated. Celtic still get the same amount for winning the league but coming best of the rest is worth less than being 2nd in a two horse race that is fuelled by bigots and sectarianism.

PrestersKTID

PrestersKTID

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

You wouldnt be saying this if you were 3rd or lower. :whistle I agree however that 1st shouldve been cut also. Perhaps by half that of the second place cut. So it'd be 14.5% 10.5% 9.75%,9.25%.........down to 5.25%. A small cut in prize money for celtic isnt going to affect them in Europe.

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian

I’m all for a more equitable distribution, but this is just taking the p1ss and just demonstrates that only two clubs matter in Scotland as the SPL winners will still receive 17% as before.

Cookies71

Cookies71

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen

Another example of SPL scullduggery (or at best incompetence). Will it ever stop.

I'm beginning to get fed up of all this behind closed doors shit. Why can't this have been released with a full explanation and breakdown of why the figures were got at?

Just makes it worse when this type of news "leaks" out to an unsuspecting public.

STAND FREE!!!

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,825 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers

Presumably this was voted through at EGM or something?

It is rather galling if they decided just to not bother mentioning it. And while redistributing revenue is positive, as others have noted - it's pretty inequitable to bring 2nd down to the level of the rest while leaving 1st untouched.

and when told Lord Jeffrey burst into tears, and sprang to his feet, and he exclaimed in a tone of triumph

"I am proud of my country. There is no other upon earth where such a deed could have been done"

Jimmy Shaker

Jimmy Shaker

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts
  • My Team:Lossiemouth

For this season only? Then what? Does second place revenue return to last seasons percentage? Or does it shrink again?

ark loyal

ark loyal

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Gamertag:Psn - wellboy

For this season only? Then what? Does second place revenue return to last seasons percentage? Or does it shrink again?

I suppose reconstruction is supposed to happen.  The figures roundly quoted for the financial model post-reconstrution were:

Premiership

1 £2,405,000 (-£315,000)

2 £1,718,000 (-£682,000)

3 £1,460,000 (-£60,000)

4 £1,289,000 (-£71,000)

5 £1,203,000 (-£77,000)

6 £1,117,000 (-£83,000)

7 £1,057,000 (-£63,000)

8 £1,005,000 (-£35,000)

9 £988,000 (+£28,000)

10 £902,000 (+£22,000)

11 £816,000 (+£16,000)

12 £730,000 (+£10,000)

Championship

13 £387,000 (+£319,000)

14 £344,000 (+£277,000)

15 £301,000 (+£235,000)

16 £258,000 (+£193,000)

17 £241,000 (+£177,000)

18 £189,000 (+£121,000)

19 £172,000 (+£111,000)

20 £155,000 (+£95,000)

21 £137,000 (+£78,000)

22 £120,000 (+£63,000)

23 £103,000 (+£47,000)

24 £86,000 (+£31,000)

Posted Image

craigkillie

craigkillie

Eat My Goal

• Gold Members
  • 25,325 posts
I wonder whether a mid-season change in revenues might have required all 12 clubs to be in favour? That's one possible explanation for Celtic retaining their 17% share - they wouldn't have voted for anything which did them out of money.

Richie

Richie

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
The revenues HAVE changed though.

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

I wonder whether a mid-season change in revenues might have required all 12 clubs to be in favour? That's one possible explanation for Celtic retaining their 17% share - they wouldn't have voted for anything which did them out of money.

To be honest I think splitting the 2nd money is a good idea. If all the clubs started going for that extra cash

by spending in January it would be daft. However I think with celtic making the profits they have in the champions

league it makes them look like c**ts again. However the order of events was prob.

1.) we want to distribute the cash fairer

2.) Celtic would claim they budget for (1st or 2nd)

3.) no other club budgets for 2nd

4.) 2nd gets shared out (seen as a compromise)

However going forward there is no way there should be such a gap between 1st and 2nd.

League placement should be rewarded but not on these levels. It basically makes the league

look like its being run by celtic(something that paranoid Rangers fans say).

Fife Saint

Fife Saint

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 18,266 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone
  • Gamertag:@CraigyC82
Is this a piss take?

I'm a fucking Storm Petrel.

kennysmassiveego

kennysmassiveego

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Dont worry lads it will be all change in a few years time when sevco and Chucky Green ( if he's still their) deign to join the SPL,

Cant see the undead being happy with the disparity, then we can all join together and support the sevco's crusade for a fairer payment system.

Oh the irony

lodmoorhill

lodmoorhill

Third Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • My Team:Dundee

So, Celtic keep their share and the diddies have their money "redistributed"? Can anyone really be surprised about this?

Same old, same old. In a few years time. newco will be back in the top division and it will be like nothing has ever changed.

It's almost a mutual destruction pact. The ugly sisters take the lions share of media money, gate money and corporate sponsorship, and thereby make the opposition weaker through financial dominance. In turn, the ugly sisters become weaker because they have no strong opposition. It is a matter of record that the last Scottish success in Europe was Aberdeen in 1983, and that is unlikely to change until the people who run Scottish football grow a set of balls and attempt to structure our game around more than just two clubs.

League reconstruction? It's a fucking joke. With Rangers punted for a while, we really had an opportunity to change Scottish football for the better, and it looks like that opportunity is going to be thrown away.

The SFA, the SPL, the media, corporate sponsors, and most of all Celtic and Rangers need to realise that a competitive and entertaining league set up requires more than just two teams. It speaks volumes that Dunfermline, a club that has been around since 1885, are on the brink and the Scottish media still leads with Celtic and Rangers trivia. A travesty that tells you everything you need to know about the unhealthy state of Scottish football.

sig2.jpg

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 31,825 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers

It's almost a mutual destruction pact. The ugly sisters take the lions share of media money, gate money and corporate sponsorship, and thereby make the opposition weaker through financial dominance. In turn, the ugly sisters become weaker because they have no strong opposition.

But also - and in many respects this actually makes it all the more frustrating tbh - getting 17% instead of say 12% is small change to Celtic...

and when told Lord Jeffrey burst into tears, and sprang to his feet, and he exclaimed in a tone of triumph

"I am proud of my country. There is no other upon earth where such a deed could have been done"

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

So, Celtic keep their share and the diddies have their money "redistributed"? Can anyone really be surprised about this?

Same old, same old. In a few years time. newco will be back in the top division and it will be like nothing has ever changed.

It's almost a mutual destruction pact. The ugly sisters take the lions share of media money, gate money and corporate sponsorship, and thereby make the opposition weaker through financial dominance. In turn, the ugly sisters become weaker because they have no strong opposition. It is a matter of record that the last Scottish success in Europe was Aberdeen in 1983, and that is unlikely to change until the people who run Scottish football grow a set of balls and attempt to structure our game around more than just two clubs.

League reconstruction? It's a fucking joke. With Rangers punted for a while, we really had an opportunity to change Scottish football for the better, and it looks like that opportunity is going to be thrown away.

The SFA, the SPL, the media, corporate sponsors, and most of all Celtic and Rangers need to realise that a competitive and entertaining league set up requires more than just two teams. It speaks volumes that Dunfermline, a club that has been around since 1885, are on the brink and the Scottish media still leads with Celtic and Rangers trivia. A travesty that tells you everything you need to know about the unhealthy state of Scottish football.

You have to wonder why with a story like this all those celtic blogs that go on about Rangers don't pick

up on this. Celtic/Rangers usually keep putting out stories about trying to leave scotland thus 

reducing the amount of sponsorship the league can command. Celtic don't give a f7ck about

Scottish football. Their fans think all the diddy teams should be merged(prob in the hope

of creating more celtic/Rangers fans). Celtic fans will produce banners protesting the injustice

of the world when in reality Celtic PLC and the people involved get no criticism ever.

craigkillie

craigkillie

Eat My Goal

• Gold Members
  • 25,325 posts

Having thought about this, it's probably down to Aberdeen.

We know that Aberdeen got a wee bit greedy and didn't want to vote through a "fairer" distribution for this season because they thought they could finish 2nd and take the big prize.  To get round that, the other clubs might have suggested a system which Celtic would vote for, giving them an 11-1 majority and leaving Aberdeen looking like plums.

T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R

Golden Shoe Winner

• Banned
  • 7,366 posts

We know that Aberdeen got a wee bit greedy and didn't want to vote through a "fairer" distribution for this season because they thought they could finish 2nd and take the big prize.  To get round that, the other clubs might have suggested a system which Celtic would vote for, giving them an 11-1 majority and leaving Aberdeen looking like plums.

even more reason to hope we gub them tomorrow.

delusional sheep diddies.

Suspect Device

Suspect Device

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • 2,871 posts

Ahhh, it's all our fault because some Killie fan say so.

It's a fair cop guvnah.

If anything, Milne would have been delusional enough to think we'd finish 2nd and voted to keep the original prize money.

"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Bob Marley 1945-1981

Swello

Swello

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Removing the "big step" between 2nd and 3rd is 100% the correct thing to do (even though 'Well are in the fight for 2nd) - but it seems unjustifiable to leave 1st place untouched in the exceptional circumstances of this season. I'm interested to hear the reasoning for the team that could most afford it remaining untouched as it leaves a bad taste..

"How much did you spend in the Club Shop last Christmas?" - Craig Brown.

T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R

Golden Shoe Winner

• Banned
  • 7,366 posts

Ahhh, it's all our fault because some Killie fan say so.

It's a fair cop guvnah.

If anything, Milne would have been delusional enough to think we'd finish 2nd and voted to keep the original prize money.

that's the point.

the 11 normal clubs try to gang up and make the prize money fair but milne says 'stuff that i've spent a lot on this squad and i want the loot when we finish second'. the other ten clubs do a deal with celtic to at least get some redistribution through.

at a well society meeting it was heavily hinted that aberdeen were the club blocking many proposals.

AberDon

AberDon

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • 3,371 posts

Sure thing, Craig.

Granny Danger

Granny Danger

Life is bleak and meaningless.

• Gold Members
  • 11,788 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd

:offtopic

OK I admit this is off topic but its related.

What happened to the proposal to bring in a fairer voting structure for the SPL?  Last I heard Aberdeen had vetoed it, is it being conveniently forgotten in light of the supposed league reconstruction?

If we don't change it soon clubs will only have themselves to blame if we end up with two dominant teams and still have an 11-1 voting system.

As We Rise Again

As We Rise Again

First Division Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • My Team:Rangers

Payments the clubs got because Rangers had to hand over our TV rights to the SPL, you should count yourselves lucky. 

ULTRASIG12.png

Football is for you and me, not the fucking industry. f**k modern Football.

7-2

7-2

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 10,105 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone

The opportunity to change Scottish football for the better was thrown away the moment they fast tracked Sevco into the leagues. All involved should be remembered as those that killed competitive football in Scotland for ever.

T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R

Golden Shoe Winner

• Banned
  • 7,366 posts

:offtopic

OK I admit this is off topic but its related.

What happened to the proposal to bring in a fairer voting structure for the SPL?  Last I heard Aberdeen had vetoed it, is it being conveniently forgotten in light of the supposed league reconstruction?

If we don't change it soon clubs will only have themselves to blame if we end up with two dominant teams and still have an 11-1 voting system.

it's aberdeen and maybe another club going by what dempster and weir were saying at our last meeting.

ROCK WITH THE CAVEMAN

ROCK WITH THE CAVEMAN

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

:thumsup2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users