Sons' sorrow

Nah, we quite like it up here :thumsup2 . I look forward to our tactical battles with the genius that is Jim Duffy.

The fact that Raith have made a bizarre appointment is encouraging, but the prospect of Dumbarton and Alloa having a better manager than us when we've also retained the majority of last season's squad is a cause for concern. Duffy could go and get all his signings spot on now and we'll have nothing to worry about so not panicking yet, but a relegation battle looks highly likely. Although being in the battle at all would be an improvement on the last time we were here.

Anyone heard what sort of response there has been to the website advert ?

The Moonster said

122 Football Manager CV's and 2 actual applications.

Probably.

Curler, SonofaBankie , myself and the wifie that sits beside us haven't finalised our application yet.

We're just waiting for SonofaBankie to get back from his Tenerife holiday first, before we submit ours..

I think betting has been suspended at McBookie. Went on just there to have a look and when click on 'Next Permanent Dumbarton Manager' it just takes you back to the specials page. Aitken was 1/5 when I last checked.

http://www.mcbookie.com/sports/en/football-specials