Sons' sorrow

It's a shame we lost Ching this week as he'd have been my choice for assistant. I'd imagine it'll be Nish that will get it, or perhaps Spalding.

Easton is a player I've liked since he scored that goal against us for Livi, diminutive and excellent technically I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

The 'Ching Arena' would be a fitting and suitable name for the stadium now that BetButler have seemingly gone imho. Might also tempt him back.

Surely there are plenty of experienced guys who could step in as assistant? Not Nish please!

I don't know if he's looking to get into coaching but what about Stuart Lovell? He's currently working with Jacko at the PFA, he fits the ex Hibs player tick-box and he's vastly experienced in the game. If Jack could work for us and the PFA then I don't see why Lovell couldn't.

I've no idea if he's got his badges or is looking to get into coaching mind you, just a though that popped into my mind.

E.T.A He was player coach at QOS a while back, so he must be qualified:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/queen_of_the_south/4395342.stm

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I don't know if he's looking to get into coaching but what about Stuart Lovell? He's currently working with Jacko at the PFA, he fits the ex Hibs player tick-box and he's vastly experienced in the game. If Jack could work for us and the PFA then I don't see why Lovell couldn't.

I've no idea if he's got his badges or is looking to get into coaching mind you, just a though that popped into my mind.

E.T.A He was player coach at QOS a while back, so he must be qualified:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/queen_of_the_south/4395342.stm

Might be a good shout. Don't laugh at this one but from a high level experience angle, what about Tommy Craig?

Might be a good shout. Don't laugh at this one but from a high level experience angle, what about Tommy Craig?

Good point, he's apparently an excellent coach. Might be a bit of a backwards step however to our young coaching team if he brings more old fashioned methods.

Surely there is an untapped market in the junior ranks, local boy Daz McKinnon is a prime example signing for Hamilton while they were in the same division we are and now a mainstay in their team. Before all the doom merchants jump on, I'm not saying that all junior players would get a game but there isn't much of a difference between the top level junior game and it's worth having a look at least, instead of signing promising youngsters that go back to their parent clubs after 6months and we go back to square 1.

Another good example is our very own Garry Fleming, signed from Irvine Meadow.

Another good example is our very own Garry Fleming, signed from Irvine Meadow.

True, but for every Garry Fleming there's a Tommy Coyne and a Paul Maxwell.

There is a few decent players in the juniors but the jump between our level and it is massive. Daz went out on loan to Ayr before gradually working his way into the Accies team and Garry took a while to fully adapt (calming down his rash tackling and improving both his positional sense and finishing) to the entirely different way of playing in the Championship.