Sons' sorrow

What? You've just contradicted your whole argument. Your chairman seems to have insider insider infornation into our finances - as does everyone commenting on it. Unless you're all just thick as shit and believe anything you're told. You have an advantage over us when it comes to income and expenditure, to say otherwise is wrong.

Thick as shit ? You are the guys who voted in Gordon Brown over all these years. Now there is a man who speaks with a forked tongue.

And my original point was you're being completely manipulated by being given this information. Do you understand? Everything I've stated is relevant. Match day income isn't the only income clubs receive so why only mention that? Do you not like dealing in the full picture.

It's like saying 'I won £200 on football coupons today'. Great if your outlay way £5. Shit if it was £300. Still, you seem happy to be fed mis information and lap it up.

Well you win the award for worst analogy on this entire thread. Well done. Now put the beer down and go to bed.

Bringing voting for Gordon Brown into a football forum isn't exactly the greatest comeback ever especially as it was directed at someone who has made some valid points. I for one cannot quite believe some fellow fans negativity towards us moving home and improving ourselves as a club with a better home and facilities that will enable us to source income from other means other than ticket sales. As a reasonably small club we really should be embracing every possible option for increased revenue. I for one would be for the idea of moving home to a multiuse facility with a 4G surface which would allow for rent to local teams when not in use by the 1st team, this way we would become more of a community club and give something back

No I wasnt. My point is, clearly, that your chairman was wrong to make unsubstantiated claims about other clubs which don't even tell 1/2 the story. He shouldn't have mentioned us. In doing so he's manipulated you.

You weren't at the meeting so how do you know what claims were made and in what context?

...improving ourselves as a club with a better home and facilities that will enable us to source income from other means other than ticket sales. As a reasonably small club we really should be embracing every possible option for increased revenue. I for one would be for the idea of moving home to a multiuse facility with a 4G surface which would allow for rent to local teams when not in use by the 1st team, this way we would become more of a community club and give something back

Everyone accepts that a stadium with more facilities would be a good thing. On paper the proposals look great but there's little point looking over the prospectus in a Ferrari dealership when all you have in the bank is enough to cover a Fiat punto. Where people's concerns lie is in how the new stadium comes about and what the risk would be to the club. That's a little less transparent at the moment so people are right to raise those concerns.

Bringing voting for Gordon Brown into a football forum isn't exactly the greatest comeback ever especially as it was directed at someone who has made some valid points. I for one cannot quite believe some fellow fans negativity towards us moving home and improving ourselves as a club with a better home and facilities that will enable us to source income from other means other than ticket sales. As a reasonably small club we really should be embracing every possible option for increased revenue. I for one would be for the idea of moving home to a multiuse facility with a 4G surface which would allow for rent to local teams when not in use by the 1st team, this way we would become more of a community club and give something back

If only it were that straightforward. As was said at the meeting no Sons fan would be opposed to the facilities on display but the plain fact is that the proposed development currently appears more pie in the sky than bricks on the ground.

There are enough examples of clubs, Livingston being a prime example, whose vaulting ambition got them into deep shit for people to remain very cautious. As for revenues, well football in general remains far too expensive for all but the committed whilst Dumbarton FC operates without any sort of Commercial or Sales Manager yet bemoans the lack of income - eh ??

If only it were that straightforward. As was said at the meeting no Sons fan would be opposed to the facilities on display but the plain fact is that the proposed development currently appears more pie in the sky than bricks on the ground.

There are enough examples of clubs, Livingston being a prime example, whose vaulting ambition got them into deep shit for people to remain very cautious. As for revenues, well football in general remains far too expensive for all but the committed whilst Dumbarton FC operates without any sort of Commercial or Sales Manager yet bemoans the lack of income - eh ??

Given that the shirt sponsor is in place for a couple of years, I feel that there wouldn't be enough profit in selling hospitality/sponsorship to keep a commercial manager employed unless he/she were working on commission only basis. To employ a full time, feet on the ground commercial manager, something like a lottery would be needed as a cornerstone of their job. I'm told the Clyde Lottery, offering a mix of online and retail sales of tickets is a good going operation. Both it and the Stirling Albion one are run by their trusts.

There was talk of the Sons Lotto being resurrected but all seems to have gone quiet on that.

Morning Lads

Rumour Vile has started in our stands with Jan window few weeks away

Is Marko getting a game every week for you lads as been mentioned couple of times to me from diff people he's coming to us loan in Jan , Our team does lack a captain and a voice but not necessary need another centre half (We have 4!)

If Kieran McDonald isn't getting his game by all means send him and we'll not tell Hamilton ;)

Ps. Anyone Seen Stuart McIver , Bought for 10k and played 45mins before dis-appearing back in the 90s

Just hope he's okay :lol:

Morning Lads

Rumour Vile has started in our stands with Jan window few weeks away

Is Marko getting a game every week for you lads as been mentioned couple of times to me from diff people he's coming to us loan in Jan , Our team does lack a captain and a voice but not necessary need another centre half (We have 4!)

If Kieran McDonald isn't getting his game by all means send him and we'll not tell Hamilton ;)

Ps. Anyone Seen Stuart McIver , Bought for 10k and played 45mins before dis-appearing back in the 90s

Marko's played a few times this year and he'd probably still stroll that league. I think unless we're getting another centre half in he won't be going anywhere. McDonald's been used as back up, kind of. Murray's changed our formation when our normal left back is out rather than using him as a like for like, I'm not sure Murray rates him all that much but I could be wrong. Have no idea about Stuart McIver.

You can have Lee Mair if you want.

Marko's played a few times this year and he'd probably still stroll that league. I think unless we're getting another centre half in he won't be going anywhere. McDonald's been used as back up, kind of. Murray's changed our formation when our normal left back is out rather than using him as a like for like, I'm not sure Murray rates him all that much but I could be wrong. Have no idea about Stuart McIver.

You can have Lee Mair if you want.

I was going to write that Ian Murray doesn't quite seem to know what he's doing at the moment, but I'm not altogether sure who is actually determining formations and tactics right now. If whoever doesn't get it sorted soon then our goals against will soon be looking like Rothes and Strathspey Thistle in the Highland League.

As regards Marko, at 39 (this week) he probably just wants a game and I'm sure would be a good fit for Clyde. As Moonster says, McDonald has featured only occasionally but I think he's worth more than that.

Assuming Kano is deffo away, if we pass thro the January window without adding a striker then we look to be in deep doo-doo.

Assuming Kano is deffo away, if we pass thro the January window without adding a striker then we look to be in deep doo-doo.

I'm sure we'll bring in someone, probably another young loan.

We did manage to win games last season without (or mostly without) Kano though, and I still think a bigger problem for us is humdrum tactics.

Morning Lads

He's alive and well, I spoke to him a few weeks back on Facebook, he was less than complimentary about Bertie Auld's tactics and training regime.. (unless he's been murdered by someone who assumed his facebook identity)

He's alive and well, I spoke to him a few weeks back on Facebook, he was less than complimentary about Bertie Auld's tactics and training regime.. (unless he's been murdered by someone who assumed his facebook identity)

:lol:

If he didnt like Bertie he certainly never liked his John Clark who was our manager at time...

Must be a lisbon lion thing perhaps

Ex Son Derek Carcary just signed for us,local guy lives in Clydebank apparently.

Seems to have done well in his time at Dumbarton?

He was one of my favourite players in the 08/09 team. Not seen him play for few years though, back then he was lightening quick (fastest player in the division and one of the quickest I've ever seen in a Sons' shirt) and regularly would break offside traps with ease. Scored 4 goals in 1 game against Elgin City at home. Remained one of our best players in 09/10 but fell away a bit in 10/11 before joining Brechin.

If he's still got the pace he will be too good to be playing juniors. Hope he does well as he was an integral part of a team which will always remain in my heart (hence my username)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8028057.stm

Ex Son Derek Carcary just signed for us,local guy lives in Clydebank apparently.

See him most days. Cracking winger-cum-striker for us in Division Three and his performance in the 5-0 win against Berwick at home as well as in the aforementioned win v Elgin that effectively wrapped up the title were awesome. Him on one wing and Stevie Murray on the other was a joy to watch. That 08/09 team was awesome. Surprised he's playing Junior, but good luck to him. I'll maybe get along and see how he does at some point.

Very nice lad who is painfully shy and lacking in confidence. Were it not for that he'd be a world beater. Did a decent job with the Sons and I wish him well at the Bankies.

Main thing for you guys is keeping him fit. Great player on his day and an integral member of out 08/09 championship winning season. Not sure how he'll adapt to the rough and tumble of junior football (I mean that with the greatest respect). All the best to him.