Sons' sorrow

Only the second home game I've missed in 2014 (both against Livi). Nice to go into the international break on a high. Hopefully we can use the next two weeks to get the new loan players integrated into the team (not that it sounds like Kane had any problems!) and get us fully prepared for a very tough game against Hearts.

Edited by FifeSons

Wrote a quick wee article for my site about Bryan, it's nothing great but I felt if I didn't do something now I'd forget! Feel free to have a read:

http://talesfromtherock.weebly.com/

(any spelling/grammar mistakes please pull me up on them, they infuriate me but it's late at night and I was semi watching Match of the Day so I'm more than sure if made some)

I just got a dm on Twitter from Prunts thanking me for the support I've given him over the last few years. What a wonderful man :wub:

Damn, I thought I was doing well when he favourited my tweet :-(

i once had a conversation with a hearts player about the moon. twitter is a good laugh.

Hey there guys! Newbie here!

Aww I'm gutted to see Prunty leave but hey that's life I suppose, what can ya do! I think Kane looks even better than he did before, a little bit more physical and has certainly been on the chicken and eggs over the summer (which one came first eh?) cause he has bulked up big time.

Glad I stumbled across this place, looks like there are loads of Sons fans on here. Great stuff :)

Hey there guys! Newbie here!

Aww I'm gutted to see Prunty leave but hey that's life I suppose, what can ya do! I think Kane looks even better than he did before, a little bit more physical and has certainly been on the chicken and eggs over the summer (which one came first eh?) cause he has bulked up big time.

Glad I stumbled across this place, looks like there are loads of Sons fans on here. Great stuff :)

Welcome!! Good to have another Son on the board.

You make a good point about Kane. Certainly looked like he's added weight but retained his sharpness and pace. There's no doubt he'll be a huge asset for us over the coming months.

Like most I'm gutted to see Prunty leave. Hope he does well at Airdrie.

Was just thinking about this. I don't reckon we will see any new signings today. I would say we may need cover at RB/CB. Yes, we have Taggart, but looking on Saturday's match Murray may want to bring someone in short term as cover for one of, or both right back and centre back. Mair, McLaughlin and DVZ are all experienced players but ones who may get injured over the course of the season.

We were rediculously lucky last season that Graham played every single game (outstanding achievement in my opinion) and McGinn missed only 1 match due to suspension. We didn't have a lot of cover and got away with it. Something we may not be so lucky with this season.

I would have also liked another striking option but I don't think we will see that until January at least.

Looks like no further movement on the player front which I find disappointing. The midfield badly needs shoring up, and it looks like we're stuck with a couple of bench-warmers. Or just warmers.

Wouldn't say we need midfielders badly. Maybe a right winger would be nice but we managed last season without too much cover there (McDougall aside). Defensively we look pretty bare at the moment, with Linton playing RB on Saturday showing. Also think if any of our strikers get injured we would be quite bare.