Sons' sorrow

For once credit to the club for getting him signed up again

Did I really say that ,credit,,,, must be getting soft.

I would like to know how they are going to make money next season without extra capacity.

Maybe switch the games to St. Mirren Park.

I bet the council wouldn't stop them build a stand if celtic were in the same league ££££££

Hibs have to pay Butcher his remaining contract (two years). I can't see them wanting to pay Dumbarton compensation for Ian Murray. Especially with the drop in income with being relegated. Just a thought.

Hibs have to pay Butcher his remaining contract (two years). I can't see them wanting to pay Dumbarton compensation for Ian Murray. Especially with the drop in income with being relegated. Just a thought.

Are you sure about Butcher definitely getting two years money? There may have been performance-related clauses. Man United only had to pay David Moyes a year's salary because he failed to get the club into the Champions League.

The compensation for Murray would not be a stumbling block at all.

Agreed.

Another factor for us to consider is that if he goes to Hibs, He'll likely take Jack Ross, Paul McGinn (unless he has something better lined up) and possibly Megginson as well. This leaves us needing appoint a brand new management team, and replace our best player - arguably McGinn is away anyway but any chance of him staying will disappear if Murray goes to a FT club desperately needing players.

Worried doesn't begin to cover it...

Calm down everyone. As of now Ian Murray is still contracted as Dumbarton manager and until such times as that changes he should be busting a gut on our behalf - we don't pay him an insulting sum ;) as a matter of interest.

Football is full of twists and turns and this season is going to be hard whoever is in charge. If Murray goes we look to a similar type to replace him, but don't rely too much on the media being right about Hibs' new boss; Sellick's recent appointment was the Foinavon (Google it kids) of managerial appointments.

Foinavon. Remember it winning on my old black and white tv. It was 100-1 if I remember rightly. It won because all the other horses fell down. I think Andy graham could probably have beaten it over 800 metres.

As for hibs. They have probably.got some obscure ivelandic manager lined up.

I think the sacking is to take the heat off Petrie for a while and distract the fans.

Now they need to appoint a popular choice to not only get Petrie back onside with the fans and help Dempster look good. But they have a massive problem with Season tix and can basically I'll afford to stay down too long.

If the popular choice with Hibs fans is Murray, then I'm sorry Dumbarton but you're fecked.

Whoever they appoint won't be an unknown or an unexciting appointment.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Calm down everyone. As of now Ian Murray is still contracted as Dumbarton manager and until such times as that changes he should be busting a gut on our behalf - we don't pay him an insulting sum ;) as a matter of interest.

Football is full of twists and turns and this season is going to be hard whoever is in charge. If Murray goes we look to a similar type to replace him, but don't rely too much on the media being right about Hibs' new boss; Sellick's recent appointment was the Foinavon[\b] (Google it kids) of managerial appointments.

Unless you're talking about the fence rather than the horse I'd say it was the exact opposite. They've (hopefully) made a one horse race interesting!

Yeah I understand that, I just don't think Murray could turn it down. He's a legend there and has a completely blank canvas to work with along with a healthy budget. We'll see, it's possible they've lined up someone else (hopefully).

Don't forget they also have unforgiving fans, a nutter of a Chairman, and a revolving Managerial door. The Hibs Manager post is a poisoned chalice IMHO. I hope Murrinho stays with us as no sane person should take the Hibs job.

I was just checking back on the news the day that Pat Fenlon left the Hibs job in November 2013.

One particular manager was installed as favourite by McBookie at 4/5.

He was favourite for the job for a good few days with not only McBookie but also William Hill (1/2)

He was..................Kenny Shiels

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/pat-fenlon-decided-to-quit-hibs-before-hearts-loss-1-3169446