Sons' sorrow

It's been a lovely day. Perfect for a game of football. But of course there is no senior football at this time of year. Come December though we shall be sitting frozen while the lads struggle in the snow. Madness. Summer football now.

Aye those part time players who will have kids don't deserve to go away with their kids. They should have to play through the summer for £200 a week. Makes perfect sense just to suit a couple of dafty fans.

Your username isn't immediately familiar to me and I can't remember having a disagreement with you, but if I have offended you in the past then good.

No problem Pete i was only having a bit of fun with the 1st part if my post. You did piss me off with something but no idea what it was.

It's been a lovely day. Perfect for a game of football. But of course there is no senior football at this time of year. Come December though we shall be sitting frozen while the lads struggle in the snow. Madness. Summer football now.

People go away on holiday, play bools go fishing, play golf, do the garden etc. etc. in the summer. Too many competing attractions. Any nice Saturday in the summer I'm oot on Loch Lomond in my wee boat. I wouldn't give that up for the fitba' but I might take the radio with me.

^^^ care home only lets him out on nice days in summer^^^

That's true. I highly doubt that the club would want to go to such an expense though. It wouldn't just be the stand. It would be new boundaries, turnstiles, toilets etc. The Alloa stand is within the existing ground. Ours wouldn't be. The only really comparable ground is East Fifes

A wee postscript to this temporary stand stuff; has anyone considered what would happen if everything was put in place and the fixture was cancelled, something not unknown in recent years ? Would we all be willing for DFC to take a financial hit in that event, something that could end up costing us money ? The only way round it would be to have the apparatus in place for all the home games and it would be interesting to see how that cost compared to 6 paydays.

Anyway, plenty involving Ian Murray in today's papers, but still no hint of further signings :huh:

A wee postscript to this temporary stand stuff; has anyone considered what would happen if everything was put in place and the fixture was cancelled, something not unknown in recent years ? Would we all be willing for DFC to take a financial hit in that event, something that could end up costing us money ? The only way round it would be to have the apparatus in place for all the home games and it would be interesting to see how that cost compared to 6 paydays.

Anyway, plenty involving Ian Murray in today's papers, but still no hint of further signings :huh:

My assumption was we'd have it up for the season. This could then be used for cup games too if there was a need. I would imagine the expense associated with dismantle and re-erection after each of 6 games would make the cost too expensive.

What stuff in todays papers about murray. Only have Sunday mail and didn't see anything in there?

My assumption was we'd have it up for the season. This could then be used for cup games too if there was a need. I would imagine the expense associated with dismantle and re-erection after each of 6 games would make the cost too expensive.

What stuff in todays papers about murray. Only have Sunday mail and didn't see anything in there?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fallen-giants-rangers-hibs--3632532?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is it that you were looking for?

seen in the paper Carlo Monti and Stephen Hughes looking for clubs woudnt mind if we got both if im honest!

I'd pass on Hughes, he finished the season playing for a team who were relegated to the bottom tier.

Monti is an interesting one, I watched him rip us a new one for Morton in the Alba cup a few years back and then score for fun for Pollok over his two season spell. When he finally got his big move he went to Dundee under Brown and didn't seem to do particularly well despite a promising pre-season- in saying that Brown is hardly a tactical genius and he impressed me when he came on against us in December. Wouldn't be averse to bringing him in, perhaps for a trial period first though.

Hamilton away arranged for pre-season. Exciting game....

Hamilton Accies FC@acciesfc 1m

@Dumbartonfc will also visit us pre-season, Tues 15th July at NDP

Never understand playing pre season friendlies against a team in the same league as us. Although if you think of the Stirlingshire Cup... but aye, getting boring now! Haha.