Sons' sorrow

It's an interesting theme this.....we are a part-time team in basically a full-time division, so short of turning full-time which would be madness we need to pitch ourselves as being not only the best performing p/t club but probably also the best paying. And has already been pointed out, that costs money. All this stuff about percentage increases would be interesting if the same folk had been on here in previous times demanding to know why our season books weren't going up by what they probably should have.

I'll make a prediction; the standard season ticket price will be circa £240. And for that you'll be seeing a pretty decent level of fare, but more importantly and in stark contrast to the stadium catering and match day hospitality, every penny will be going to the club.

And let's not forget that DFC is also working within the limitations of a small stadium capacity. Raith, Falkirk, Livi, etc., will not normally fill their grounds but they may well do on at least 4 occasions this coming season, and that will mean a lot more dosh than we can generate unless we somehow provide temporary accommodation.

We need to get real here folks :rolleyes:

I predict that none of those teams will fill their stadiums to full capacity against Rangers or Hearts next season.

30% (if that turns out to be the figure) is a sharp increase, no doubt. But considering the prices have been fairly flatline for the past couple of seasons, if they had in fact increased 10% in each of the past 2 seasons, then another 10% now, would it even merit a mention?

I'd reckon barely.

Edited by Boghead ranter

30% (if that turns out to be the figure) is a sharp increase, no doubt. But considering the prices have been fairly flatline for the past couple of seasons, if they had in fact increased 10% in each of the past 2 seasons, then another 10% now, would it even merit a mention?

I'd reckon barely.

This is a good point. The increase may not seem so severe had the prices been climbing steadily for a while.

As will most other clubs in this league. Most other clubs in this league also have far bigger capacities than us. There's a gap to be bridged somewhere.

The capacity argument is very valid, especially for the coming season.

its the attempt to bridge the gap that concerns me. I'd rather we pushed for more sales of ST's than took advantage of our core support.

Im happy to be a well run club and the best part time team in the league.

its the attempt to bridge the gap that concerns me. I'd rather we pushed for more sales of ST's than took advantage of our core support.

How do we push for more ST sales? Genuine question, I feel that whilst that's a good idea in theory, it becomes incredibly difficult to put into practice.

I hope we sign somebody soon so we can get back to talking about football, all this financial chat is beginning to bore me.

It's being discussed pretty sensibly and is a valid talking point. Don't see the issue.

See this quite a lot on here if 'football' or a favoured subject isn't being discussed. Understandably when there are minimal footballing matters to discuss people will discuss other things.

All this stuff about percentage increases would be interesting if the same folk had been on here in previous times demanding to know why our season books weren't going up by what they probably should have.

I did. I asked Alan Jardine, on the day he gave us the Rangers Armageddon scenario pep-talk, why the Season Ticket prices hadn't been increased, despite us winning the play-offs.

I also asked him why he hadn't held off until after the Airdrie play-off games to promote the new season prices instaead of announcing them before the games, based on the likelihood that he could have raised the prices on the back of a wave of euphoria.

In traditional fan-to-Chairman style, he waffled some pish and gave me no straight answer.

My analysis of that coversation was that he didn't actually have the foresight to think about the possibility of the play-offs being won by us.

That was the, and this is now. An increase is fair, but a rip-off sticks in the mind for years.

I'm in this camp also. Like mentioned in previous posts there should be balance here as there is multiple factors to consider. I hope we can attract an increase in ST numbers as well as profit from any increase in price.

Hopefully some signing news soon so we can start talking about the fitba! It's going to be a long preseason!

It's an interesting theme this.....we are a part-time team in basically a full-time division, so short of turning full-time which would be madness we need to pitch ourselves as being not only the best performing p/t club but probably also the best paying. And has already been pointed out, that costs money. All this stuff about percentage increases would be interesting if the same folk had been on here in previous times demanding to know why our season books weren't going up by what they probably should have.

I'll make a prediction; the standard season ticket price will be circa £240. And for that you'll be seeing a pretty decent level of fare, but more importantly and in stark contrast to the stadium catering and match day hospitality, every penny will be going to the club.

And let's not forget that DFC is also working within the limitations of a small stadium capacity. Raith, Falkirk, Livi, etc., will not normally fill their grounds but they may well do on at least 4 occasions this coming season, and that will mean a lot more dosh than we can generate unless we somehow provide temporary accommodation.

We need to get real here folks :rolleyes:

Need to move to a bigger ground imo.

I don't see the increase in ticket prices being an issue for most, I think most will pay it.

I do, however, see the possibly lack of student concession being a problem - the increase for someone aged 17 will be huge, especially for an age group not known for having much money.

I think this will affect a lot of younger guys who attend most match, I think a lot of them are about that age. I can see a number of these possible life-long fans not buying season tickets and perhaps losing interest.

Edited by bigmacDFC

I don't see the increase in ticket prices being an issue for most, I think most will pay it.

I do, however, see the possibly lack of student concession being a problem - the increase for someone aged 17 will be huge, especially for an age group not known for having much money.

I think this will affect a lot of younger guys who attend most match, I think a lot of them are about that age. I can see a number of these possible life-long fans not buying season tickets and perhaps losing interest.

What's all this student stuff then? Most 'students' I know are never short of a bob or two. In fact all of them have more money than I do. Seriously now, why should 'students' get things cheaply?

What's all this student stuff then? Most 'students' I know are never short of a bob or two. In fact all of them have more money than I do. Seriously now, why should 'students' get things cheaply?

Eh because they are in full time education and are unable to work full time? Most old codgers I know have more money than me, should we stop oap concessions and bus passes?

Unless students are working 35-40 hours a week (impossible) or being funded by the bank of mummy and daddy then they are considerably worse off than your average joe working an average job.