Pulse 98.4FM Junior Radio Show Nugent4nil

Nugent4nil

I`m asking a direct question and the fact that you`re refusing to answer it says it all..... nothing about performances or strips or pitches or pies,,,blahblahblah.........

DID YOU PLAY FOR DARVEL AGAINST IRVINE MEADOW IN THE ARDAGH CUP ???? IT`S A SIMPLE YES OR NO........

Remember playing for them in the Jacky Scarlett and I was rank rotten and an ambarrassment to myself and the club but still miles better than you in the Vale of Clyde game. That was so embarrassing I try not to think of it. You canny even run .

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished listening to the programme. Very interesting to hear about the Girvan situation but on other things I'm left a wee bit disappointed and confused.

Firstly, Robert, you know I've commented on here that the programme is great for the Juniors and I will always stand by that so this is not a criticism of the show.

Here's my thinking. If I'm Iain Kearney and there's a fella posts on here who continually gets accused of being me, I would be DESPERATE to get on Robert's show to tell everyone who wants to listen that it's a lot of pish. But instead when he finally gets on, all I heard was a few wee comments, sniggers and one fella texting and addressing it to Glesgaboy. But there was no attempt at any time to distance himself from it. Is there a reason why this wasn't quashed outright? It can't be to protect people as Glesgaboy has stated he won't give his identity. It can't be a publicity issue as P&B was mentioned a few times as it always is.

Before anyone chirps up and says I'm suggesting stuff, I'm not. I just don't get it! Help me understand, please.

Just finished listening to the programme. Very interesting to hear about the Girvan situation but on other things I'm left a wee bit disappointed and confused.

Firstly, Robert, you know I've commented on here that the programme is great for the Juniors and I will always stand by that so this is not a criticism of the show.

Here's my thinking. If I'm Iain Kearney and there's a fella posts on here who continually gets accused of being me, I would be DESPERATE to get on Robert's show to tell everyone who wants to listen that it's a lot of pish. But instead when he finally gets on, all I heard was a few wee comments, sniggers and one fella texting and addressing it to Glesgaboy. But there was no attempt at any time to distance himself from it. Is there a reason why this wasn't quashed outright? It can't be to protect people as Glesgaboy has stated he won't give his identity. It can't be a publicity issue as P&B was mentioned a few times as it always is.

Before anyone chirps up and says I'm suggesting stuff, I'm not. I just don't get it! Help me understand, please.

Him I have no idea if Glesgaboy is Iain nor do I really care as Thursday was the Girvan management before their cup tie v Auchinleck no more no less.

I can nor will be a Jeremy Kyle trying to out people or pose awkward questions as people give up their time freely to come on the show and without them there would be no show.

Him I have no idea if Glesgaboy is Iain nor do I really care as Thursday was the Girvan management before their cup tie v Auchinleck no more no less.

I can nor will be a Jeremy Kyle trying to out people or pose awkward questions as people give up their time freely to come on the show and without them there would be no show.

I wouldn't expect you to do that, pal.

I was going to add to this post but it's unfair on you and your programme to do so in this thread.

Keep up the good work!

He was in a 'convo' with me. The point I was making is not who is who however.

I wasn`t going to post anything else on this, particularly on Robert`s thread.Although that wasn`t your point that simple sentence goes to the very crux of the matter. IMO, it`s very clear who I am NOT. The laws of physics are difficult to bend/beat and the posters who started with the identity pish have conveniently amended their argument to "if you`re not him he at least knows you". That should tell anybody with any modicum of sense where the root of this crap lies. I`ll say no more.

Apologies for interrupting the flow of your thread Robert,looking forward to the next show....................

Want to come up to the show and talk about your team? Your more than welcome as us anyone. Next week I hope to have someone from the Junior Paper on then we have guys from Ardeer lined up plus the spice boys from Talbot are coming back.

I know not everyone agrees with things I say or are basically said on the show but that's fitbaw as they say.

I'm coming up for three years of this every Thursday and since we brought the show onto this site I can honestly say the guests we have had have been fantastic to a man, and a woman in two cases. To meet theses scary looking players and gaffers away from the frantic nature of junior football and have a blether has been something very special for me. I have made some very good friends through the show after they had agreed to come and were strangers to begin.

For me it's brilliant, am I selfish? Aye dam right but I think we as in myself Ian and Pulse along with our weekly guests give junior football supporters something unrivalled! I do not Mir claim to know everything or most thing going on in the game nor do I research any guests past it's 100% off the cuff from the off and it's the guests that make the show work!

I just get guests and talk baws and over most guests if I'm honest.

Having a bad day so apologies if I'm ranting, mon the juniors!!!

Listened to last weeks show and a couple of others and liked the informal format. Not doing any research into your guests has the advantage that it allows the guests to talk on a range of subjects without the show being all about them, but more about issues connected to the game. Few laughs thrown in as well which was good . Good cross section of guests too. keep up the good work.

Not comfortable going into specifics but three of your signed players this season have a wage bill of £9000 between them which is more than the turnover of some small clubs. Money paid out doesn't matter but it does put a bit of pressure on the manager

Not going into specifics but no they don't.

Nugent4nil back tonight with NO mystery guests! Hugh Clarkson who is involved in The Juniors Paper is on tonight, im not sure if he has a twitter account or an account here though and also on tonights show is Arthurlie secretary Andy Pollock who im not sure if hes on here but is on twitter as ArthurlieFC hpe that clears things up before tonights show rather than have anyone second guess whos actualy on :)

Many thanks again to Hugh Clarkson for making the journey to guest on last night show, it was great to hear the background and ideas for the future regarding the excellent junior paper. We have guests lined up for the next fees weeks plus in early November we will hopefully be doing something special to mark the third anniversary of the show. We are always however looking for new guests so if you fancy joining us let me know, you will enjoy it! Anyway upcoming guests are as follows,

26th September

Derek Gemmell & Derek McGrorry from Ardeer Thistle

3rd October

Chris Mackie and AN Other from Petershill

10th October

Dean Matthew Keenan Troon and an OFCOM official ;)

Thanks again to everyone who's been part of the show so far be it guesting, texting in or listening, and of course recording!!!! you make it work thanks

Archived