Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Last Minute Goals

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Mr Waldo

Mr Waldo

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
I can remember we were pumping Kilmarnock and they scored in the last minute.
Tannoy announced the scorer as "Dick Turpin"
The Daily Sevco gave us stick for that! - yet another reason to avoid buying it.
tee hee

uni

uni

Supporter of The Famous Aberdeen

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen

How could I forget Jamie Smith's last minute winner against Rangers? 1:20 into the video. A great goal that ended out 7 year drought against Rangers, we then went on to only lose once against them between this match and 2010 IIRC. I thought we had bottled it when they came back from 2-0 down for 2-2 but Fernando Rickson got sent off for being a bellend and the rest, they say, is history.
Aberdeen FC - Scotland's Team Since 1903

mcgrains_beard

mcgrains_beard

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • My Team:Celtic
Big Jan versus Oldco

Nakas title winner

a Celtic fan you should:
1. Expect to be called a bigot / gloryhunter / bigoted gloryhunter.
2. Be offended by everything or expect to be accused of being offended by everything.

Swello

Swello

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts
Some of the biggies for 'Well already mentioned - Fitzy vs Hearts, Juke vs Hibs.

I'd add Tom Hateley's superb freekick against Odense over there. Ultimately meaningless but what a jump after a day spent in Ryan's bar :)

A real favourite of mine was Softy Philliben up at Tannadice in the cup in 1993/94(?). United had pretty much played us off the park and it was a travesty that it was only 2-1 to them going into the 95th minute. Softy pops up with an equaliser to take it to a replay and it was one of the most mental jumps i can ever remember - especially in that tight wee "fair play" terracing thing they used to have there. I got a sore jaw from a raging united fan outside after the game - I learned a lesson about post match smugness that day Posted Image United went on to win the replay 1-0 in front of a capacity crowd at Fir Park Posted Image
"How much did you spend in the Club Shop last Christmas?" - Craig Brown.

buddie06smfc

buddie06smfc

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,885 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
Probably this:

Or this:

What a horrible game against Queen of the South. There was also away to Clyde in the same season when Charlie Adam clearly handled the ball in the build up. Since we got promoted we have conceded many late goals, it's become very boring now. Although Stephen Thompson at Ibrox last season probably made up for that. The majority of our most enjoyable goals have come in the last 10 minutes though like Kean's at Tynecastle, Sutton's at Fir Park and O'Donnell at the Falkirk Stadium. A long time ago when we were flirting with relegation. 8)

Edited by buddie06smfc, 26 July 2012 - 11:12.

Karl Fletcher

Karl Fletcher

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • 3,761 posts

McArdle's equaliser against St Mirren in the Scottish Cup back in March 2011 highlights here

I remember the whole place erupting we robbed St Mirren of a win then won 2-1 in the replay. Glorious.

Forgot about that.

We'd made a weekend of it.

That was a fucking insane bounce :lol:

Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard.

Stuart Cosgrove - Honorary Aberdonian

logo.png

Karl Fletcher

Karl Fletcher

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • 3,761 posts
Photo here:

Posted Image

Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard.

Stuart Cosgrove - Honorary Aberdonian

logo.png

AberDon

AberDon

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • 3,759 posts
Yeah, it was great.

Hartley running the length if the pitch to celebrate was entertaining.

WeAreAllStuartMcCall

WeAreAllStuartMcCall

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I can remember we were pumping Kilmarnock and they scored in the last minute.
Tannoy announced the scorer as "Dick Turpin"
The Daily Sevco gave us stick for that! - yet another reason to avoid buying it.

I remember that game but had completely forgot about the "Dick Turpin" thing in the paper until you mentioned it!

The juke in 6-6 game has to be there for both the quality of the strike and the game. Fitzpatrick vs Hearts in the semi-final is probably the first last minute goal I can remember that we scored, the celebrations were fantastic!
But my personal favourite is Hately's free kick against St.Mirren because it kept us top of the league for at least another week! Also walking through central station singing "We Shall not be Moved" to the Celtic fans was brilliant!

The Troll

The Troll

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,383 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone

Is your mate called Alan Main? Posted Image

Always amazes me people concentrate on Main's mistakes more than Hartleys...
" Some of life's shadows are caused by standing in your own sunshine... "

Winner of the Worst St Johnstone Poster of 2012 award

Green&White Zebra

Green&White Zebra

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
Alan Stubbs' last second equalizer against a team that used to exist back in November 1997. We were all just about out the ground, kind of disillusioned and resigned to 10IAR. Even the ref, Rowbotham, had helped us that night by sending off Gazza for basically nothing, or maybe it was delayed reaction for assaulting Paul Bernard 2 years before ?

It was more relief than celebration, but a more important last minuter, I've never seen.

Jacksgranda

Jacksgranda

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,863 posts
3 that come to mind - none terribly recent are 1/ Ally Shewan v Dundee at Dens in 68/69 in a 4-4 draw. The Dons were 2-0 up before trailing 4-2 with only 10 minutes left. Nearly felt like a win!
2/ Elgin City v Brora Rangers, early 70s. 2 goals in the last minute from City, coincidentally Ally Shewan scored the winner.
3/ Coleranie v Linfield, late 80s. Jim Platt saved a last minute penalty, only for Linfield to score from the resultant corner. Not happy!
4/ Hans Gilhaus on his debut(?) against Rangers

Edited by Jacksgranda, 28 July 2012 - 09:33.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

craigkillie

craigkillie

I'm Listening

• Gold Members
  • 26,070 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

Alan Stubbs' last second equalizer against a team that used to exist back in November 1997. We were all just about out the ground, kind of disillusioned and resigned to 10IAR. Even the ref, Rowbotham, had helped us that night by sending off Gazza for basically nothing, or maybe it was delayed reaction for assaulting Paul Bernard 2 years before ?

It was more relief than celebration, but a more important last minuter, I've never seen.

Don't let "GlasgowCeltic.org" see that post.

Sir Craig Whyte

Sir Craig Whyte

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Donati v Shakhtar, Hesselink v the scum, McDonald v Milan or McManus v *earts when we come from 2 down to win 3-2.
'I predicted in August that Celtic would reach the final. On the eve of that final I stand by that prediction.' - Archie MacPherson

'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

banana

banana

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,323 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byK2oBB_ucQ

and of course this Posted Image

Had to get to page 2 for this? Posted Image

/thread

Szamo's_Ammo

Szamo's_Ammo

I don't make rash promises. What I say I'll do, I do.

• Gold Members
  • 7,633 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd
David Robertson's last minute winner against Aberdeen on the first day of the season 4 or 5 years ago was very enjoyable. We played most of the match with 10 men following Willo Flood's first half sending off and it was our first opening day win in about 14 years.

Plus it's always nice to see Aberdeen fans trudging away with their unbecoming sense of entitlement shattered a little bit.

PresidentRomanov

PresidentRomanov

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian
Plenty great hearts one's on this thrad, but Beattie's tops the lot, we don't beat celtic like that in Scottish Cup semi finals, the feeling of ecstasy when that went in was unrivalled.
Scottish Cup Winners 2012.

Eoin Doyle

Eoin Doyle

Crayon Expert and Events Organiser

• Platinum Members
  • 13,202 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

Not an last-minute goal. But it fucking should have been :angry:

Edited by Isaiah Osbourne, 11 August 2012 - 00:29.

Eoin Doyle; 2011-2013. 54 Apps. 14 Goals. Legend. Hibernian Football Club Club #somoney #zing. Dominique Malonga Goal Tally: 1

Official Chairman of the Dominique Malonga Fan Club!

Fair enough. Me and ED go slat hunting bi-monthly and the boy is an industrial level shagger tbh.

Pa Saikou Kujabi

Pa Saikou Kujabi

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

Edited by Pa Saikou Kujabi, 11 August 2012 - 00:45.

PADDY FENLON'S GREEN AND WHITE ARMY! hibsgif.gif

Paulo Sergio

Paulo Sergio

Hibernian 1-5 Heart of Midlothian

• Banned
  • 13,869 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4DaALdyMI
Not an last-minute goal. But it fucking should have been :angry:

Is that the last decent Euro game you can remember and one where you actually won a leg SOL? How old were you? Nine? :D

http://www.youtube.c...ayer_detailpage

I never knew the 70th minute or so was "last minute". :o

There's absolutely no point in whoever loses this trying to counter any bragging. All or nothing

Had enough of Hibs. Worst game ever. Well done to hearts. I won't be back next season. I will also be demanding a season ticket refund.

I can't bare to see the Jambo filth celebrating, yes there are a few decent jambos but most if them are absolute vermin. Hurting more than I ever have in my life right now.

5bofpv.jpg

DavieCFC

DavieCFC

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
Big Micks double against the minis :D

Massimo Donati vs Shaktar, remember being at work listening to clyde 1 doing the commentry and Peter Martin going absolutly insane when Donati scored.

Paulo Sergio

Paulo Sergio

• Banned
  • 13,869 posts

Big Micks double against the minis :D

Cute.

That match along with Davis gate six months earlier just prove how much ra Sellick and ra 'Gers have the SFA in their back pockets.

Edited by Paulo Sergio, 11 August 2012 - 12:36.

There's absolutely no point in whoever loses this trying to counter any bragging. All or nothing

Had enough of Hibs. Worst game ever. Well done to hearts. I won't be back next season. I will also be demanding a season ticket refund.

I can't bare to see the Jambo filth celebrating, yes there are a few decent jambos but most if them are absolute vermin. Hurting more than I ever have in my life right now.

5bofpv.jpg

magee84

magee84

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,907 posts

Cute.

That match along with Davis gate six months earlier just prove how much ra Sellick and ra 'Gers have the SFA in their back pockets.

No offence Paulo but what exactly have you to complain about there? Hartley clearly barges nakamura in the back for the free kick that lead to the winner. Hartley, good sellick man that he is mind you, was clearly frustrated at Celtic getting back to 2-2 and conceded a needless free kick that resulted in the winner.
STEP IN STEP OUT OF THE RAIN, ONE MILLION YEARS FROM TODAY

43 - 0 , WE WELCOME THE CHASE

Magic Roundabout

Magic Roundabout

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Kevin Kyle pulling "The Rangers" fat out of the fire to deny a deserved win for the superior footballing team at the Blue Toon. Posted Image

Paulo Sergio

Paulo Sergio

• Banned
  • 13,869 posts

No offence Paulo but what exactly have you to complain about there? Hartley clearly barges nakamura in the back for the free kick that lead to the winner. Hartley, good sellick man that he is mind you, was clearly frustrated at Celtic getting back to 2-2 and conceded a needless free kick that resulted in the winner.

That little diving shite Maloney got Fyssas sent off which ultimately turned the tide of the match. <_<

5bofpv.jpg

alang1993

alang1993

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

8)

Edited by alang1993, 12 August 2012 - 00:06.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users