Ched Evans

philpy

There would be no law. He can hold concerts all he wants.

I hope nobody would attend them because of his crimes, and similarly, no venue would host them.

If you accept that he has the right to play football and that clubs have the right to accept him then we're agreed on the most important points.

Supras seems to have f'cked in the direction called off.

Mibbies he was under prepared.

I've been busy, and will respond in full to this thread when I have the time.

Nevertheless, I stuck around long enough to notice your glaring contradiction. I addressed the legality of my point of view on page 5, if you had read the thread (i.e. been prepared) your entire contribution would have been redundant and you would have saved us all some time.

Let that be the lesson.

And obviously, my point refers to the legal right. Clubs certainly have no moral right to sign him.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been busy, and will respond in full to this thread when I have the time.

Nevertheless, I stuck around long enough to notice your glaring contradiction. I addressed the legality of my point of view on page 5, if you had read the thread (i.e. been prepared) your entire contribution would have been redundant and you would have saved us all some time.

Let that be the lesson.

And obviously, my point refers to the legal right. Clubs certainly have no moral right to sign him.

Nope you did not you are dancing around trying to impose some faux morality on football. The ill preparedness is all yours. You're conflating your view with an overarching morality which does not exist here.

I love the "clubs have no moral right to sign him".

Setting yourself up as the arbiter of what is moral and what is not, what the leaders of rabbles always do.

As I said

torch-and-pitchfork.jpg

Here's a thought from George Carlin.

“If your kid needs a role model and you ain't it, you're both fucked.”

That williemiller fella is having a nightmare here.

As is Tom McB, of course, but then all his posts are utterly mental, so not in any way surprising.

Too many big words in them for you dear child?

Diddums.

As a matter of general interest - If Evans appeals and is successful in doing so, will he be able to sue for loss of income due to the wrongful conviction?

Personally I don't know enough about the whole thing to comment in any detail. It does appear to fall into the darker end of grey, and at best he is guilty of being an incredibly sleazy b*stard. I do find it strange that the girl was deemed too drunk to provide consent to him, but not to the other guy who was involved. I'm sure that has been explained somewhere on here already mind you.

They attempting to blame the victim?

From the case :- "The complainant had no recollection of anything which took place after 3am. That extended to the fact that she and McDonald entered the hotel at 4.15am. The night porter described her as "extremely drunk". That reinforced the Crown's case based on the evidence of witnesses and the CCTV footage before she had arrived at the hotel.

When he came to pass sentence the judge said: ".... [the complainant] was in no position to form a capacity to consent to sexual intercourse, and you, when you arrived, must have realised that."

f**k me, what a horrible bunch the Evans family are. Nasty stuff.

Indeed.

That damned feminist lobby, with their calling rapists rapists. What's the world coming to?

Worst thing in the world is to be a white male rapist.... can't catch a break anywhere.

The website is awful! It's made worse by the fact that apparently it's his birds parents that are funding it! His Mrs is on there saying how he could never rape anyone but just lie and cheat on her and despite not being with the guy at the time had to go see who he was sleeping with? Not sleazy or creepy at all!!!

Did anything happen to the creepy b*****ds filming it In the hotel window?

Two wildly different posters. At least Supras is just boring, Tom McB isn't boring, he's unhinged.

Must try harder child, y'know contribute to the debate rather than spout bile.

Here to help.

He's not a rapist! He just had sex with a woman who didn't give consent! There's a difference H_B.

The Julian Assange defense!

Ched's guilty of rape, that's the law, and we would be in shit without impartial administration of law.

Julian wants to hide from the law.

Archived