Should Hibs bid for the UEFA SuperCup?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think Easter Road had marble staircases and gold-plated door handles the way Hibs fans go on. There are OK corporate facilities in the main stand and Famous Five, that's about it. It's a shite experience for your "normal fan". Huge gaps in the corners, completely soulless and the east stand is a death trap that takes ages to get out of if you're anywhere above the 10th row.

You'd think Easter Road had marble staircases and gold-plated door handles the way Hibs fans go on. There are OK corporate facilities in the main stand and Famous Five, that's about it. It's a shite experience for your "normal fan". Huge gaps in the corners, completely soulless and the east stand is a death trap that takes ages to get out of if you're anywhere above the 10th row.

This. Tynecastle is a much better stadium in terms of atmosphere, view and general match day experience.

There is practically no difference between the Roseburn Stand and the South Stand at Easter Road so it confuses me greatly why Hibs fans so strongly think Tynecastle is a "shithole".

There is practically no difference between the Roseburn Stand and the South Stand at Easter Road so it confuses me greatly why Hibs fans so strongly think Tynecastle is a "shithole".

I'm going out on a limb here but could it be anything to do with the fact that Hearts play there?

I find people slating the football stadium my team plays in, using hugely subjective criteria that they think favours their team's ground very very important.

I'm sure any Hearts, Aberdeen or Rosenborg fans reading this will feel the same.

Pittodrie really is a shitehole, though :unsure2:

Hibs fans utterly loathe the fact that away supporters by and large prefer Tynecastle to Easter Road.

Utterly loathe. 8)

:lol:

Where do you get this stuff. Couldn't give a single shit about the away fans, I actually hope the have a utterly horrible time when they come to ER.

8)

Fairly pointless tangent. Tynecastle is too small and the pitch too tight for a UEFA Supercup, and the main stand is like something from Downton Abbey. It'd be ER all the way.

Well, yes. Nobody has argued otherwise.

If we do ever get round to redeveloping the Main Stand I hope it only takes Tynecastle's capacity up to roughly 19,000. Something similar to the West Stand at Easter Road would fit the bill quite nicely actually. Any larger and it would be a complete white elephant and crowds of 12,000-14,000 at run of the mill matches would make the place look empty.

Hibs fans utterly loathe the fact that away supporters by and large prefer Tynecastle to Easter Road.

Utterly loathe. 8)

I really, really don't give a shit :lol:

Most of our home match threads this season have been hilarious for that this season, actually. The "I prefer Tynecastle" attemped put down has been brought up plenty of times and not one shit has been given.

Then there's the moaning about our ticketing arrangements. "Oooh, I missed the first half", "grrr my 80 year old man got KB'd because he didn't have any ID".

24bm3vt.png

Archived