Should Hibs bid for the UEFA SuperCup?

Totally agree they should go for it. Don't understand all those rolling their eyes. A very scottish trait that.

Be as well, if in Edinburgh, to be Murrayfield.

It would still sell out.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intertotto cup or what ever it is called no being held anymore?

Hibs are desperate lol

What the fek are you talking about? The super cup is the Europa League winners against the Champions League winners.

How are hibs desperate for some fans suggesting they use Easter Road.

Think before you speak Franko it's always letting you down.

Yes, I think they should.

I'm not sure how far down the leagues UEFA are prepared to go, but I hear one of the teams that will participate in the Scottish 3rd division next season have a cracking wee ground. It would be nice to see diddies geting a wee bit of glamour.

Well Hampden has already hosted the Champions League final and the UEFA Cup final. May as well go for the full set...

:P

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../wales/18657940

With the end of hosting in Monaco next year's UEFA SuperCup is being played at Sparta Prague's Eden Stadion while 2014's is going to the Cardiff City stadium - it's part of UEFA's measures to take it to smaller modern stadiums in smaller cities.

Should the Hibs board consider a bid in future?

when was the last time you were at easter rd.? . its small yes but its corporate facilities are nowhere near the uefa standard

Be as well, if in Edinburgh, to be Murrayfield.

UEFA wouldn't award it to a rugby stadium - and they're not taking it to large venues, that's the whole point of the exercise.

They're taking it to smaller venues in the capital cities of smaller countries: all 3 forthcoming (Prague, Cardiff, Tbilisi = 2013, 2014, 2015) hold 2x,000.

They're not (for example) using the Millennium Stadium or the Georgian National Stadium.

when was the last time you were at easter rd.? . its small yes but its corporate facilities are nowhere near the uefa standard

You obviously haven't visited Spartas stadium recently.

Murrayfield and Hampden are too large. Capital city 20k stadium is what they are looking for.

Throw a spanner in the works perhaps, but Tynecastle is a better stadium than Easter Road IMHO, so I would suggest there! :ph34r:

Awaits flak.

In what way?

Better stadium no

Corporate facilities no

Complete stadium no

Bigger? No

Hearts have a problem using tynecastle for European matches and had to move to Murrayfield because so. There's no danger they could host anything and that's not slagging hearts it's just fact.

???

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../wales/18657940

With the end of hosting in Monaco next year's UEFA SuperCup is being played at Sparta Prague's Eden Stadion while 2014's is going to the Cardiff City stadium - it's part of UEFA's measures to take it to smaller modern stadiums in smaller cities.

Should the Hibs board consider a bid in future?

no reason why they shouldnt

Throw a spanner in the works perhaps, but Tynecastle is a better stadium than Easter Road IMHO, so I would suggest there! :ph34r:

Awaits flak.

In what way?

Better stadium no

Corporate facilities no

Complete stadium no

Bigger? No

Hearts have a problem using tynecastle for European matches and had to move to Murrayfield because so. There's no danger they could host anything and that's not slagging hearts it's just fact.

???

Not many people have that opinion, and I'm sure UEFA wouldn't.

As I said, it was a slightly biased viewpoint.

Montrose were the first away team to win at Tynecastle in about two years in the mid to late eighties, 2-zip in the league cup. Souness and his mercenaries made a big thing out of it when the won there a couple of months after we did the business IIRC.

Easter Road reminds me of the League Cup drubbing, 9-0 wasn't it?

Anyway, Tynecastle for me, because any time I have been there, it has been a decent atmosphere.

Been to Easter Road on a few different occasions, (scotland match, Well v Hibs and Well cup tie as a 'neutral' venue) and each time thought it has been a cracking wee stadium, and that was before the shed got pulled down for the new stand. Think what makes the atmosphere seem not as good as other stadia is coz, well, Hibs are playing there! Yes Tynecastle has probably the best atmosphere in the right match but is far too tired and run down to be considered by uefa. Good stadium, good location for foreign fans, would be good exposure for scottish football if this was to materialise.

Might not be a bad shout.

Tynecastle might be worth a bid too. After all Platini is a midget, so he'd have no problem stretching his leg in that teeny weeny "stadium".

Archived