What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Warrior (2011)

Yeah, that's got the Oscar wrapped up. Did everything right, and managed to put more emotion into it than The Fighter. Nolte was superb as the alcoholic father, and both brothers played their parts brilliantly.

The only disappointment was the lack of closure on Tommy's story, but I don't suppose it hindered it that much.

10/10

Was just coming on to ask if anyone had seen this (and Moneyball) as I just got them yesterday. Will need to get it watched now.

So, anyone seen Moneyball?

The Tunnel ( 2011 )

Mockumentary about journalists who go into the old rail tunnels of an Australian city to investigate the disappearances of some homeless people. I'm a fan of these types of movie and this one ticked the boxes. Good use of the light and dark in the movie was a real strong point, as was the sense that something could always happen. Used the usual cliches well enough too.

8/10

It'll be interesting to see how they've done the new version with Daniel

Craig. And in particular, to see if they include the rape scenes which are

pretty graphic in the original.

Going by what Daniel Craig said about some of the movie being pretty disturbing, I'd wager that it's there.

So, anyone seen Moneyball?

Moneyball's excellent. Really intelligent and plot flows nicely, largely down to screenplay heavyweights Sorkin and Zaillian who never disappoint. Brad Pitt doesn't disappoint any more either, a very strong leading performance.

Maybe a bit substance over style and a bit too much wannabe-cute sentiment but it is very cool and very well done.

8/10

Just watched Neds.

I very rarely watch any films, I've not been to the cinema for years, I don't buy DVDs and I rarely even watch them on TV. This makes my love of film review shows even more bizarre but after seeing that guy off film 2011 saying Neds was the best film of the year I had a gander on amazon

and at £4 next day delivery it couldn't be sniffed at.

Got it a few days ago and finally got round to watching it today and it is a brilliant film. Pretty disappointed I never went to the try outs as I would have been the perfect age and have a gratuitously strong Glaswegian accent. Oh well, I'd have probably ruined it. It is a fascinating film though, it really evolves over time as the central character is gradually eroded - fantastic acting performance by some randomer. It does really highlight the perils of taking up this lifestyle though the most poignant moment for me being :

When the camera pans to the guy in the remedial class who has clearly become mentally disabled from the severity of the attack.

A great film, I'd thoroughly recommend watching it. I understand most of the accents but I usually have subtitles on because I like to hear things that probably don't matter, must be a nightmare for most people though.

Oh and I also saw the Thin Blue Line a few days ago - the documentary not the TV series. Again, absorbing stuff although I had seen it highlighted on Currents 50 documentaries to see before you die. It was only short segment but it went into detail about the reconstruction and whether or not the female police officer was in the car - the actual film was nothing like that at all!

Not only is it an entertaining and bias free documentary - it tells the story in a very simple way from a lot of angles - it also got an innocent man out of prison. And the guilty man was an incredibly inoffensive and articulate, eh, multiple murderer on death row.

Edited by Supras

If you like documentaries, try Capturing the Friedmans.

It's disturbing, but hugely watchable.

Looks interesting but £8.50 cheapest price. Hmmm...

It's not even in the top ten, and I've seen less than 30 for 2011 (although it's a 2010 film...).

You're top 10, his top 10? I didn't know it was a 2010 but it's Danny Baker (I think that's his name) you should take quarrel with.

I thought it was good, what is better?

Another Earth

Pretty decent, weird as f**k though. I don't think they really explained it, but somehow another earth just pops up right beside "Earth 1", when this happens, the main character is driving, slightly drunk, so she looks out her window at "Earth 2" and loses her concentration and crashes into a family of three, she goes to prison(as a minor) and gets out, few years later(or something) and tries to make amends.

She tracks down the guy(his son and pregnant wife died in the crash but he went into a coma) and starts cleaning his house. She then falls in love and tells him, he's all pissed and shit. That's all cool and stuff, but there's a whole sub-plot of the Earth 2 going on. The main character, wins a competition to go to Earth 2. There's a thing going on, where all the experts are saying that the synchronicity of the two Earths disappeared as soon as 1 saw 2(basically alluding to the fact that the dude's family probably didn't die on 2). So she gives him the trip to Earth 2. It's all sorts of weird.

Decent but some weird shit going on. 6/10

=========================

Taken

Fucking amazing. I'd heard some good things, but wasn't expecting this! Liam Neeson kicks ass! Nothing more needs be said. Go watch this! Only it's 10/10 because it's just a badass action film, which in itself isn't perfect.

9/10

50/50

Hilarious, until the shit starts to get real(last half hour-45 minutes). Good film though, wasn't as sad as I thought(given reviews on here), I wasn't near tears or anything. Whatever. Levitt and Rogen are fantastic in it.

8/10

You're top 10, his top 10? I didn't know it was a 2010 but it's Danny Baker (I think that's his name) you should take quarrel with.

Warrior

X-Men: First Class

Sucker Punch

The Adjustment Bureau

Beastly

Hobo With A Shotgun

The Hangover Part II

Cars 2

Horrible Bosses

Killer Elite

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Danny Baker should stick to playing Pictionary!

Another Earth

Pretty decent, weird as f**k though. I don't think they really explained it, but somehow another earth just pops up right beside "Earth 1", when this happens, the main character is driving, slightly drunk, so she looks out her window at "Earth 2" and loses her concentration and crashes into a family of three, she goes to prison(as a minor) and gets out, few years later(or something) and tries to make amends.

She tracks down the guy(his son and pregnant wife died in the crash but he went into a coma) and starts cleaning his house. She then falls in love and tells him, he's all pissed and shit. That's all cool and stuff, but there's a whole sub-plot of the Earth 2 going on. The main character, wins a competition to go to Earth 2. There's a thing going on, where all the experts are saying that the synchronicity of the two Earths disappeared as soon as 1 saw 2(basically alluding to the fact that the dude's family probably didn't die on 2). So she gives him the trip to Earth 2. It's all sorts of weird.

Decent but some weird shit going on. 6/10

Taken

Fucking amazing. I'd heard some good things, but wasn't expecting this! Liam Neeson kicks ass! Nothing more needs be said. Go watch this! Only it's 10/10 because it's just a badass action film, which in itself isn't perfect.

9/10

50/50

Hilarious, until the shit starts to get real(last half hour-45 minutes). Good film though, wasn't as sad as I thought(given reviews on here), I wasn't near tears or anything. Whatever. Levitt and Rogen are fantastic in it.

8/10

Just watched Taken. As you say it is just amazing. Has anyone counted the number of baddies he kills? Definitely worth 9/10

However for hatred and revenge nothing can beat the 1975 French film Le Vieux Fusil (The Old Gun) starring Philippe Noiret and Romy Schneider. It's the French Deathwish. Noiret is a surgeon in south-west France in 1944. He sends his wife and daughter to the family chateau and arrives a few days later to find the locals dead, his daughter shot and his wife killed by a flame-thrower. He then sets out to kill the Germans responsible for the massacre. The ending as the German commander is about to commit suicide will haunt you forever. A film you must see at least once or 50 times in my case.

I'd give it more if I could but 10/10

Lots of films are better, a lot of critics tend to make bold statements to provoke discussion with their choices of best film.

The Tree Of Life, Midnight In Paris, Drive, Melancholia and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy would be my top 5 just now. All unmissable!

Looks interesting but £8.50 cheapest price. Hmmm..

Ouch. I got a loan of it years ago, so paid nothing.

It is a very strange watch. At first, even though I "knew" it was real, i still expected Ricky Gervaise to pop up at some point.