Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Craig Thompson

* * * - - 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Galajambo

Galajambo

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian

You forgot to add Hearts-cheats

:lol: :lol:
FORM IS TEMPORARY, BUT 5-1 IS PERMANENT!

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

cant believe thomson is going to the euros, simply put he is god awful, fucking god awful

Look at this pic. Thomson from Ten yards could not see that he fell outside the box.
It would be hard to find a picture of a ref giving a worse decision with such a good
view anywhere(try and find a more damning pic of any decision) .
He is up with play and his clear sight lines to both the player and
the penalty box. Would be interesting to ask Thomson with this pic what he
was thinking.

Posted Image

craigkillie

craigkillie

I'm Listening

• Gold Members
  • 26,215 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock
It looks really clear from an elevated position and straight on, but that's not the view he had. He's looking at it from an angle and at ground level. He clearly wasn't sure about the decision and only gave the decision after seeking the advice of someone (presumably the assistant).

It was still a major f**k-up, on a massive stage, but I'm not sure what answer you'd expect him to give to your question, other than "I thought it was in the box"?

Erin Go Bragh

Erin Go Bragh

#Dece #HFCClub

• Gold Members
  • 8,835 posts

Look at this pic. Thomson from Ten yards could not see that he fell outside the box.
It would be hard to find a picture of a ref giving a worse decision with such a good
was thinking.

Posted Image

Ah but he was the last man anyway so they say. Posted Image

Hibernian FC - Not arrogant, just beanzier.

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

It looks really clear from an elevated position and straight on, but that's not the view he had. He's looking at it from an angle and at ground level. He clearly wasn't sure about the decision and only gave the decision after seeking the advice of someone (presumably the assistant).

It was still a major f**k-up, on a massive stage, but I'm not sure what answer you'd expect him to give to your question, other than "I thought it was in the box"?

Honestly he saw a chance to give hearts a penalty and he gave it.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23834405/

I was at this game he booked Griffiths for diving from around 50 yards away.

He is a terrible ref and hopefully he never gets another big game in his life.

The SFA in their wisdom gave him the final when the hibs manager and players have openly blasted him
on more than one occasion this season.

I will add that hibs are total crap and would have lost the game anyway.

However that does not excuse a performance from thomson it was a disgrace and he made sure
that hibs would lose.

Also hibs semi final goal was offside and hanlons shot at easter road was never over the line.
The list of dodgy decisions this season is obscene.

Edited by RotWeissEssen, 21 May 2012 - 01:57.

craigkillie

craigkillie

I'm Listening

• Gold Members
  • 26,215 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

Ah but he was the last man anyway so they say. Posted Image

Who said anything along those lines? It should have been a foul, a free-kick and a yellow card. Kujabi was sent off for a second yellow.

Honestly he saw a chance to give hearts a penalty and he gave it.

http://www.dailyreco...6908-23834405/

I was at this game he booked Griffiths for diving from around 50 yards away.

He is a terrible ref and hopefully he never gets another big game in his life.

The SFA in their wisdom gave him the final when the hibs manager and players have openly blasted him
on more than one occasion this season.

I will add that hibs are total crap and would have lost the game anyway.

However that does not excuse a performance from thomson it was a disgrace and he made sure
that hibs would lose.

So why would a ref from Paisley (and a St Mirren fan according to those on here) have such a hatred for Hibs?

Erin Go Bragh

Erin Go Bragh

#Dece #HFCClub

• Gold Members
  • 8,835 posts

Who said anything along those lines? It should have been a foul, a free-kick and a yellow card. Kujabi was sent off for a second yellow.

Right enough.

In my defence, I was fuckod at the game and it's late. Suso still made a massive meal out of it. Posted Image

Hibernian FC - Not arrogant, just beanzier.

RotWeissEssen

RotWeissEssen

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

So why would a ref from Paisley (and a St Mirren fan according to those on here) have such a hatred for Hibs?

I dont know. He is a terrible ref though. Hibs staff and players openly slated him. Do you not think
for one minute that may have effected his thinking ?

http://videocelts.co...roule-criticism

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23643277/

I am not saying he has some deep set hatred for hibs. But are you prepared to admit the above articles would
leave him to not like hibs as one of their players asked for him to be demoted.

djchapsticks

djchapsticks

Banned

• Gold Members
  • 8,722 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

I dont know. He is a terrible ref though. Hibs staff and players openly slated him. Do you not think
for one minute that may have effected his thinking ?

http://videocelts.co...roule-criticism

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23643277/

I am not saying he has some deep set hatred for hibs. But are you prepared to admit the above articles would
leave him to not like hibs as one of their players asked for him to be demoted.

I'd blame Hibs staff and players in question for being fucking idiots for openly slating him then.

topcat(The most tip top)

topcat(The most tip top)

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,346 posts

was thinking.

Posted Image

I was there as opposed to watching it on TV and I've only seen the highlights through an alcoholic haze but would that moment not be a frame or two after Kujabi finally lets go of the jersey which would make his body weight go forward, rendering him off balance. The real call is whether the accompanying heel clip happened inside the box.

Had Santana been allowed to proceed Hibs were in all sorts of trouble at that moment. so If that had been Kujabi's first yellow card and he'd got the line call in his favour that would be a blatant but clever profesional foul after getting utterly skinned. The kind of yellow card you applaud in the 89th minute when you're 1-0 up

It wasn't his first, he didn't get the call so he can consider himself both stupid and unlucky

Edited by topcat(The most tip top), 21 May 2012 - 15:12.

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime. "I never said I was frightened of dying."

Ross.

Ross.

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • My Team:Clydebank
Ref made a few abysmal calls, but Hearts would likely still have gubbed Hibs anyway.

The penalty was a terrible decision and killed the game, the lack of a booking for Ian Black for his challenge on Griffiths early doors was also a very poor decision, as Black ended up dominating the midfield but could have had to hold back a bit if he had been on a booking.

MariusZaliukas

MariusZaliukas

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
Thanks very much Craigy boy

Posted Image

"When Messi's scored
1,283 goals like me, when he's won three

World Cups, we'll talk about it,"

Hibernian1875

Hibernian1875

This is more than a club, its a club club

• Gold Members
  • 5,914 posts

Ref made a few abysmal calls, but Hearts would likely still have gubbed Hibs anyway.

The penalty was a terrible decision and killed the game, the lack of a booking for Ian Black for his challenge on Griffiths early doors was also a very poor decision, as Black ended up dominating the midfield but could have had to hold back a bit if he had been on a booking.

He also dished out the first booking of the game to Kujabi only for Skacel to make an identical tackle a few minutes later which went unpunished. Very inconsistent.

Eoin Doyle; 2011-2013. 54 Apps. 14 Goals. Legend.

Hibernian FC Club Club  = #zings #beanz and #flair

Eoin Doyle

Eoin Doyle

Dean Ambrose <3

• Platinum Members
  • 13,808 posts
The ref was a joke

Hibernian Football Club Club #somoney #zing.     Dominique Malonga Goal Tally 2014/15: 4 MJ2cVScs.jpg

audioslave

audioslave

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

He also dished out the first booking of the game to Kujabi only for Skacel to make an identical tackle a few minutes later which went unpunished. Very inconsistent.

Rudi Skacel > Spab Kujabi

Hibernian1875

Hibernian1875

• Gold Members
  • 5,914 posts

Rudi Skacel > Spab Kujabi

Skacel is, unfortunatley, a very good player Posted Image

Eoin Doyle

Eoin Doyle

Dean Ambrose <3

• Platinum Members
  • 13,808 posts
Posted Image
Suso dived

Hibernian Football Club Club #somoney #zing.     Dominique Malonga Goal Tally 2014/15: 4 MJ2cVScs.jpg

SEETHING

SEETHING

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
Posted Image

7XFMF.gif

Seething I like your honesty and strength in character

Mouse

Mouse

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen
As a neutral it was a definite sending off. Even with 11 men Hearts would have won it. I feel sorry for Hibs fans because their team is awful, but then I feel sorry for myself as we got beat by them Posted Image

MORE FAMOUS THAN YOU SINCE 1983!

53_and_counting

53_and_counting

Banned

• Gold Members
  • 7,711 posts
  • My Team:Rangers

was thinking.

Posted Image

im sorry all their wonderful training and their never been better fitness levels means these refs are the best we have ever had

History will be kind to me for i intend to write it.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Mouse

Mouse

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted Image

Posted Image

MORE FAMOUS THAN YOU SINCE 1983!

53_and_counting

53_and_counting

Banned

• Gold Members
  • 7,711 posts
  • My Team:Rangers

wether hearts would have won or not does not excuse the ref for a terrible performance, as these are the refs we are hoping can pass on their knowledge to the up and coming refs

on performances like these i dont want thomson anywhere near the new generation refs as he is fucking abysmal

History will be kind to me for i intend to write it.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Some utter fuckwit has sent an email to UEFA Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sent to Uefa just now (copied to SFA out of courtesy)

Dear Sir, This is a question about football governance (and a match that looks to the untrained eye like it contained match-fixing).

The Scottish Football Association appointed a referee to officiate the Scottish Cup Final called Craig Thomson who supports one of the participants (Hearts FC, who of course won. They benefitting from an outrageous award of a non-existent penalty at a crucial moment, a situation which the referee Mr Thomson then compounded by showing a red card to the Hibernian player he had awarded the phantom penalty against). There were other glaring "errors" in the officiating which one would not expect of a Grade 1 referee, all in favour of Hearts.

My two questions are:
(1) is it good practice for associations to appoint referees with links to a participant club for major events?

(2) Given that the recipient club in question, Hearts, are owned by a Russian businessman whose business affairs and practices have been subject to investigations, and who I believe has a chequered history with other national associations (especially Lithuania) and who has withheld payment from his footballers many times, many of the ingredients that you find in previous match-fixing cases are in place here.

This is especially true in Scotland where - sadly - the SFA have shown a complete lack of leadership around cheating from another member club (Rangers FC) which you'll be aware of no doubt. SFA members have gone on record saying they value money over sporting integrity in recent weeks, without censure from the SFA. All Hibernian fans fear that this scenario played out its inevitable conclusion in the Scottish Cup Final on May 19.

There were many odd occurances in this match and I'd appreciate Uefa's view on these two points and any indication of whether you will investigate the matter, it is very serious for the sport if true. Kind regards

etc etc

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
It's all about bucks, kid. The rest is conversation.

Hibernian1875

Hibernian1875

• Gold Members
  • 5,914 posts
Wow. Craig Thomson had an awful game but that email is totally cringeworthy.

Paulo Sergio

Paulo Sergio

Hibernian 1-5 Heart of Midlothian

• Banned
  • 13,869 posts
The Gambian Roberto Carlos is some player IMO.

There's absolutely no point in whoever loses this trying to counter any bragging. All or nothing

Had enough of Hibs. Worst game ever. Well done to hearts. I won't be back next season. I will also be demanding a season ticket refund.

I can't bare to see the Jambo filth celebrating, yes there are a few decent jambos but most if them are absolute vermin. Hurting more than I ever have in my life right now.

5bofpv.jpg

The Taxman

The Taxman

First Division Signing Target

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • My Team:Celtic

on performances like these i dont want thomson anywhere near the new generation refs as he is fucking abysmal

Our refs are honking. Time to get the foreigners back in.

They are all Jeff Winter

Green&White Army

Green&White Army

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,899 posts
  • Location:Attempting to build Rome in a day. Like what the majority of Hibs fans expect from Pat Fenlon.
  • My Team:Deveronvale
Answer me this?

If Leigh Griffiths had elbowed Ian Black in the face as Black did on Saturday as Black did would he get a 'talking to'?

No Thomson would have had the red card out before you can say Jambo b*****d

^^^^^^^^^^^^ITK

TheLip69

TheLip69

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell

Not good enough, he has to "know", if there is the slightest scintilla of doubt in his mind he cannot give it.

They tell me it's a minority, but I've been there, I know better.

TheLip69

TheLip69

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
For my money, the second yellow was spot on, you cant argue with it, but it's never a penalty. At 2-1 and a man down, Hibs might have thought they were still in with a chance, but at 3-1 you could virtually see the heads go down. I dont think Hibs were ever going to win the match anyway even at 11 v 11, but I dont think the result would have been quite as one sided. fenlon has to take a fair biot of the blame in my opinion, Kujabi was mince in the first half, he was already on a yellow, had blundered for the first goal and his general performance was making headless chickens look like the ones with the game plan. Noone in the ground or watching on TV would have been surprised had he been left in the dressing room at half time. In fact some of us were shocked when he came back out.

They tell me it's a minority, but I've been there, I know better.

AberDon

AberDon

International Call Up

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Answer me this?

If Leigh Griffiths had elbowed Ian Black in the face as Black did on Saturday as Black did would he get a 'talking to'?

No Thomson would have had the red card out before you can say Jambo b*****d

Elbow? More like shoulder.

Didn't look very malicious to me.

Aberdeen- Standing Feart since 19/09/14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users