Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

QP 5-1 Shire

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gall09

Gall09

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • My Team:Queen's Park
Well, after a pretty flat first half that saw us go in 1-0 up after great work from Bradley to set up Longworth, we came out the second half a different team. Don't know what Speirs said to the players but it worked. We were all over Shire and if it wasn't for Antell it could have been 8 or 9. He really is a quality keeper.

It's probably sad how much much we enjoyed Quinno's second goal as we don't score that often from corners. A good ball into the box, Quinn peels away from his front post marker and sends the ball into the opposite top corner. Great header. Shire weren't particularly dreadful for a lot of the game, but their right back was. I think the ref did him a favour sending him off.

So it's onwards and upwards for QP. This is a special team we have, and hopefully they get their reward at the end of the season.
Ludere Causa Ludendi

@Gall1985

spidersSnapper

spidersSnapper

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Pictures from Queen's Park v East Stirlingshire game now available at http://www.iancairns.net

SFLKING

SFLKING

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
Great result to hit the ground running for the play - offs ( one more point to go Posted Image). Don't know what McBrides first attempt at a penalty was though,absolutely dreadful.

Andyboy

Andyboy

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Gamertag:Andyboy1867
Great result. We didn't produce too much of note in the first half but we ran over the top of Shire in the second half and could have scored more than the 5 we got. Despite the result, Calum Antell was still Shire's best player making great saves to deny McBride, Longworth and Watt (x2).

As for QP it was good to see a couple of key players return to their best. Longworth and McBride (ignoring his first penalty attempt) were great yesterday, Shire couldn't get near them. Also big shout to Peter Bradley who is looking a real find as the games roll on. Just terrorised the Shire right hand side yesterday. Turning out be a great signing I think.

Gutted that Anderson didn't score his chance when through on the keeper. If he does leave in the summer without scoring he'll no doubt be the best player never to score for us.

Edited by Andyboy, 08 April 2012 - 11:40.

Alloa_Shire

Alloa_Shire

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • My Team:East Stirlingshire
Couldn't make the game due to work but really not surprised by the result, another shambolic result in a season that is littered with them.

Glad to see Antell was up to his usual class. The guy truely is a class act and has a massive future in the game. The Welsh don't know how lucky they are.

"Townsley to the shire must be for personal reasons as he has a real chance of going up with Berwick this year, whereas shire will do the usual 10th place, or maybe better, 9th!" - Kevin Haynes' Son 30/05/13

Hampden Diehard

Hampden Diehard

First Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Gamertag:Games are for daft wee boys
I felt sorry for the Shire players towards the end;they looked like they wanted to be somewhere else when the goals started tumbling in. It must be a hard shift for them every week.

Edited by Hampden Diehard, 08 April 2012 - 20:06.

QUEEN'S PARK U.S.M.
Unstoppable Soccer Machine

Convenor

Convenor

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Don't know what McBrides first attempt at a penalty was though,absolutely dreadful.

He should have tried to chip him the second time as well :P Fair play to McBride, he was pissing himself when the ref ordered a re-take although it was technically the correct decision, the Shire No 4 was so far up his arse it looked like he wanted to take it himself

After last week's blip, good to see normal service resumed at home where we have been great all season. Another enjoyable romp after the first goal settled us. Thought Longworth was our best player, his movement and passing all game was quality. Delighted for Quinno as well, his header was like the Quinno of old. Great week for the big man after his tribute dinner last week.

Who are the 3 care in the community Shire fans with the glengarries? Talk about attention seeking loonies, made me almost long for the days of Mad Bill

Edited by Convenor, 10 April 2012 - 10:44.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users