Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

BBC - SPL 10 aim to push through structural change

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

Quitongo's Left Peg

Quitongo's Left Peg

Forever In Our Shadow

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,419 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock
  • Gamertag:PS3: Quitongo87
Good news?

LINKY

Posted Image

Edited by Quitongo's Left Peg, 21 March 2012 - 21:15.

Opposition team 3G pitch criticism tally - THREE (McInnes, Adams, McManus) ... Josh Magennis season 2014/15 goal tally - ONE

In the space of two weeks I have heard from two different reliable people say Kilmarnock are in deep trouble.
The first person told me the tax people are ready to pounce for unpaid bills. The next person ( banker ) has told me the bank are also calling in their debt. My understanding is Kilmarnock have to fix both these problems before Christmas.

Kilmarnock Football Club has today completed a deal to clear its debt, the club's Chairman Michael Johnston announced this evening. (14/03/14)

EdTheDuck

EdTheDuck

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts
  • My Team:Inverurie Locos

Good news?

LINKY

meh

LinkinFighter

LinkinFighter

The Best

• Gold Members
  • 10,929 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
  • Gamertag:LinkinFighter
Posted Image

Magee's got quite the brass neck on him slating anyone's appearance given he looks like he sexually assaults children in an abandonded mine shaft.

vikingTON

vikingTON

Not arrogant, just better

• Gold Members
  • 52,380 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton
Posturing over immediate action: until Rangers are dead, buried and awaiting re-entry as Rangers 1690, the 10 won't have the stones or even the means to create lasting changes.

Hopefully they intend to fully use that opportunity when it comes, but I suspect they'll sell Scottish football short by a fair amount.

Edited by vikingTON, 21 March 2012 - 21:16.

The Most Influential Poster in P&B History.

Just let that sink in.

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 32,835 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers
I don't think anyone can argue with a 9-3 system although it does creak open the door on matters like 10-team SPL. A smoother revenue distribution is also fair enough - the model is smooth just now anyway, of course, except for the jump between 2nd + 3rd.

Celtic moaning is no surprise either.

One assumes that the "Gang of 10" hope to either [1] secure the change, or [2] fail to secure it, but generate moral coinage among their own fans if they fail due to OF blocking it.

Of course, the question is how united a gang the "Gang of 10" are...

and when told Lord Jeffrey burst into tears, and sprang to his feet, and he exclaimed in a tone of triumph

"I am proud of my country. There is no other upon earth where such a deed could have been done"

Zeus

Zeus

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian
Get intae the b*****ds!Posted Image

Scary Bear

Scary Bear

Fairweather Fan

• Gold Members
  • 13,056 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers

Good news?

LINKY

Posted Image

About time the other clubs grew some balls and confronted the hugely weakened Old Firm.

You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge...

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 32,835 posts
I note even 1 of the chairmen anonymously quoted says:

No clubs are of a mind to change the distribution of money that radically changes the situation to the disadvantage of Celtic and Rangers.

and when told Lord Jeffrey burst into tears, and sprang to his feet, and he exclaimed in a tone of triumph

"I am proud of my country. There is no other upon earth where such a deed could have been done"

LinkinFighter

LinkinFighter

The Best

• Gold Members
  • 10,929 posts
  • Gamertag:LinkinFighter
Anything that noises up the bigots is good in my book.

Magee's got quite the brass neck on him slating anyone's appearance given he looks like he sexually assaults children in an abandonded mine shaft.

uni

uni

Supporter of The Famous Aberdeen

• Gold Members
  • 5,676 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen
Some strong words from some of the chairmen but why are they hiding behind anonymously? They should be loud and proud to say "FTOF!" but I fear VikingTon may be right when he says they will sell Scottish Football short.

Oh and some of the pleasing parts of the article;

"Why are they scared of change and a 75% majority running the league. They will do all in their powers to control Scottish football. They have no concern for Scottish football, only themselves."

The rest of us are fed up of the Old Firm. Forget Rangers for the moment since they are in administration, what we have here is one club dictating to the top end of Scottish football.

"They are not going anywhere, English football doesn't want them and they have done their damnedest to get out of Scotland for the last 10 years. Do they want to play in a league of two?

And my personal favourite;

It has also been suggested that changes to the voting structure or distribution of income could threaten any takeover of Rangers, who are currently in the hands of administrators.

Posted Image

EDIT- Shite spelling.

Edited by uni, 22 March 2012 - 00:07.

Aberdeen FC - Scotland's Team Since 1903

Swello

Swello

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts
I'm not really a fan of the timing here. While Rangers exist in their current form, there is no means to get the changes they want as the OF veto still holds. Surely a bit of patience to see how Rangers fare over the next few months and then take the opportunity as it presents itself?

Edited by Swello, 21 March 2012 - 21:56.

"How much did you spend in the Club Shop last Christmas?" - Craig Brown.

Zeus

Zeus

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,592 posts

I'm not really a fan of the timing here. While Rangers exist in their current form, there is no means to get the changes they want as the OF veto still holds. Surely a bit of patience to see how Rangers fare over the next few months and then take the opportunity as it presents itself?

I dont think they have voting rights while in admin.

Might be wrong.

steward17

steward17

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
If the REAL 10 stick to there guns they are in a very strong position. Celtic have been told there not welcome in England they must learn to live with the rest of Scotish football they simply have no other choice.
The Green Brigade as sponsored by the Walter Mitty Trust

Quote from a blue order member: Im not a bigot I just cant Stand the F***** B*******. !!!!!!!!!!

Sergeant Wilson

Sergeant Wilson

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,945 posts
  • My Team:Shotts Bon Accord

why are they hiding behind annonimitty?

I knew his brother Walter.
Do you think that's wise, sir.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 23,611 posts
  • My Team:Rangers
A good start would be to get every club who is a member of the SPL to commit themself to Scottish football. I would like to see them have to give 10 years notice if they want to leave. Something has to be done to stop this annual farce of the 'Big 2' trying to leave for England/ Atlantic league!!
The Badge on the front of the Jerseys

Is more important than the names on the back

the jambo-rocker

the jambo-rocker

#captaincontinental

• Gold Members
  • 12,944 posts
I'm 85% sure the 85% of revenue contribution is a load of pish.

“Boy you really missed the boat. I’ll make it simple, so’s even fuckin you can understand. Papa God growed us up till we could wear long pants; then he licensed his name to dollar bills, left some car keys on the table, and got the f**k outta town”. Water rushes to his eye-holes. “Don’t be lookin up at no sky for help. Look down here, at us twisted dreamers”. He takes hold of my shoulders, spins me around, and punches me towards the mirror on the wall. “You’re the God. Take responsibility. Exercise your power”

@robbiecoull89
*Insert here* needs a strong Heart of Midlothian.

#JasonHolt90percentpasscompletion

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 32,835 posts

I'm 85% sure the 85% of revenue contribution is a load of pish.

I'd imagine it's pretty accurate, tbh, if you measure it in the way they will be.

Virtually all SPL's income comes from TV and naming rights... most of the value in TV comes from the OF derbies and OF away games, and most of the value in naming rights comes through TV exposure (see preceding point) and media coverage (which focuses heavily on OF).

Of course, the retort is that the league cannot exist only with OF... they cannot generate value without other teams to play against, without other teams to make-up the numbers.

Edited by HibeeJibee, 21 March 2012 - 22:18.

Strathman

Strathman

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • My Team:Inverness Caley Thistle
If nothing else it will get the old firm to vote it down with their two votes against ten. If Rangers are liquidated how can they expect any favours since they do not care about anyone else.

As for Celtic being angry. Diddums.

NFL12

NFL12

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

A good start would be to get every club who is a member of the SPL to commit themself to Scottish football. I would like to see them have to give 10 years notice if they want to leave. Something has to be done to stop this annual farce of the 'Big 2' trying to leave for England/ Atlantic league!

Good idea. A lot of anti OF feeling is generated by this, as some of the comments from chairmen today show. I sometimes think the only people who benefit from these stories about the OF leaving the SPL are "the newspaper people" themselves. They probably make the stories up in the first place. It must cause uncertainty in potential sponsors, and is beginning to get a bit boring.

thesnowman

thesnowman

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Agree with Scary Bear, about times they grew a pair and went for the jugular. As has been mentioned I believe Rangers dont get a vote, as they are in administration (although dont quote me on that, would be nice to get some confirmation though from someone who knows the rules better than me), if so this is the best time to go for it, if they dont they only have themselves to blame when the OF stymie every structural change going.

And even if the 85% share is true, they still wouldnt have a league if it wasn't for the rest of us. They need us more than we need them. Sometimes I just wish we could press a reset button in Scotland, cut players wages in half, cut ticket prices in half and dump the old firm. We would have a competitive league, different winners most years, more people would attend and hopefully some good young scottish players to watch. Although it would never happen.

roverthemoon

roverthemoon

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 6,589 posts
Hopefully the 10 stick together and keep saying FTOF until there is change
Last Man Standing Champion 2013/14 season.
Morton, Dundee, Motherwell, Rangers, Celtic, Raith Rovers, Livingston, Dundee United

Ranaldo Bairn

Ranaldo Bairn

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
I think Haudit & Daudit get the voting rights on Rangers' behalf.

You, who have destroyed so much, can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist.

Desert Nomad

Desert Nomad

searching for an oasis

• Gold Members
  • 8,432 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd
Er forgive my ignorance, but won't both Celtic & Rangers vote against such a move, making it a vote of 10-2, and rendering the whole thing an utter waste of everybody's time?

Edited by Desert Nomad, 21 March 2012 - 22:43.

"Dundee United's fans arguably the best in Scottish football: good-humoured, fun, love their team."
My Twitter

Ranaldo Bairn

Ranaldo Bairn

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
Yes, thus proving the point of 'The 10" !!

Celtic especially would really be in a cleft stick here.

You, who have destroyed so much, can you name even one thing you have created? I thought not. There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue Physicist.

Desert Nomad

Desert Nomad

searching for an oasis

• Gold Members
  • 8,432 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd
Rangers(even on their deathbed) and Celtic run Scottish football, anyone who thinks any different is sadly mistaken. Sounds like a lot of hot air from the other clubs & it'll take a major turnaround of their previous actions to persuade me any different. Call my cynical if you like, but these c***s couldn't agree on the colour of shite.
"Dundee United's fans arguably the best in Scottish football: good-humoured, fun, love their team."
My Twitter

Zeus

Zeus

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,592 posts

I think Haudit & Daudit get the voting rights on Rangers' behalf.

Really?

i was sure they get no vote while in admin. Posted Image

chico

chico

Dry.

• Gold Members
  • 14,010 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
I'm just wondering who the quislings are gonna be. Can't see a united front being kept against the OF.
St Mirren FC

2012/2013 Scottish League Cup Winners

2005/2006 Scottish Football League Champions & League Challenge Cup Winners.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Renfrewshire FA Cup Winners

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 32,835 posts

I'm just wondering who the quislings are gonna be. Can't see a united front being kept against the OF.

That's what happened in the early 2000s - when another "Gang of 10" threatened to resign (also over voting rights IIRC). I think Dundee Utd, Livingston and Partick were the first to break ranks on that occasion...?

Edited by HibeeJibee, 21 March 2012 - 23:15.

chico

chico

Dry.

• Gold Members
  • 14,010 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

That's what happened in the early 2000s - when another "Gang of 10" threatened to resign (also over voting rights IIRC). I think Dundee Utd and Partick were the first to break ranks on that occasion...?

It's inevitable. Old Form offer shineys and diddy club caves in, other nine scramble to fold next.

I'm expecting nothing from this.
St Mirren FC

2012/2013 Scottish League Cup Winners

2005/2006 Scottish Football League Champions & League Challenge Cup Winners.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Renfrewshire FA Cup Winners

ringRAITH

ringRAITH

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
"They are not going anywhere, English football doesn't want them and they have done their damndest to get out of Scotland for the last 10 years. Do they want to play in a league of two?"

Nice to see that a mass resignation from the SPL is being threatened (well, implicitly at least). Probably won't come to anything though. Pretty sure that Rangers still have a vote despite being in admin, so the gang have to use the resignation angle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users