Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

East Stirlingshire v Elgin City

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Alloa_Shire

Alloa_Shire

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • My Team:East Stirlingshire
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game as I missed last weeks match against Alloa. Since the turn of the year we have been much improved and have done pretty well against the teams in the top part of the league. The news that Lewis Horner is fully fit and that Scott Maxwell is free from suspension is a massive boost for the club as they have been 2 of our best players over the past few months. Losing Lurinsky is a blow, so it will be interesting to see who fills into that gap. Various players have played there over the course of the season so I suppose we shall see.

I must admit I like Elgin, Ross Jack has done a fantastic job their and doesn't really get the praise he deserves, at national level at least. They can play open attacking football or can shut up shop successfully and having a guy like Craig Gunn up front is invaluble at this level.

I really hope Elgin bag a Play Off spot, but leave the 3 points at Ochilview this weekend.

"Townsley to the shire must be for personal reasons as he has a real chance of going up with Berwick this year, whereas shire will do the usual 10th place, or maybe better, 9th!" - Kevin Haynes' Son 30/05/13

CasperJarrot

CasperJarrot

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
Could see a few goals in this one with Elgin just edging the win.

Shire 2 Elgin City 3

Alloa_Shire

Alloa_Shire

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
Just back from the match and it was probably another 2 points dropped in all fairness. I thought Elgin looked surprisingly poor and lacklustre and you could tell they were a team that has played a lot of football over the last couple of months (9 games in 29 days according to the SFL site) and we took full advantage of that. Really Ross Jack had Goalkeeper Zander Clack to thank for them being level at Half Time after 3 cracking saves from Stirling, Horner and Maxwell I think it was. If you donít take your chances when you are on top you tend to get punished and thatís what happened. I never had a clear view of their goal but it was certainly unjust as we were well on top throughout the first half.

We started the 2nd half as we finished the first and Clark pulled off another stunning save from Andy Stirling, then we scored to make it 2-1 and that was pretty much us as chances went and Elgin started to look a little more lively and put us under a bit of pressure. We seemed to be coping with it well enough, a few half chances to Elgin but nothing really to worry about and then the visitors won a stonewall penalty, Bobo gets his marching orders and everything goes a bit mushy and they get a point that they probably didnít deserve.

Youíll notice I am referring to Elgin more than the Shire, but thatís because I donít really know how I feel, sure a point against one of the leagues form teams sitting in 4th place is a good point but really we should have had all 3 in the bag and been only 3 behind Montrose. Everyone played well and this spirit and determination keeps on going and the unity is so good to see, you really wonder where we would be in the table if this had been the case since the start of the season. If we keep this up I firmly believe we will be 8th or 9th come the end of the season.

I love Bobo, think he is a good Centre Half but it was a silly red card that has cost us and we will of course now have to do without him when we play Stranraer in a tricky tie next week. Everyone done well and with the way we played we really did deserve the 3 points.

"Townsley to the shire must be for personal reasons as he has a real chance of going up with Berwick this year, whereas shire will do the usual 10th place, or maybe better, 9th!" - Kevin Haynes' Son 30/05/13

The Moonster

The Moonster

Waltz this way...

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts
  • My Team:Dumbarton

Just back from the match and it was probably another 2 points dropped in all fairness. I thought Elgin looked surprisingly poor and lacklustre and you could tell they were a team that has played a lot of football over the last couple of months (9 games in 29 days according to the SFL site) and we took full advantage of that. Really Ross Jack had Goalkeeper Zander Clack to thank for them being level at Half Time after 3 cracking saves from Stirling, Horner and Maxwell I think it was. If you donít take your chances when you are on top you tend to get punished and thatís what happened. I never had a clear view of their goal but it was certainly unjust as we were well on top throughout the first half.

We started the 2nd half as we finished the first and Clark pulled off another stunning save from Andy Stirling, then we scored to make it 2-1 and that was pretty much us as chances went and Elgin started to look a little more lively and put us under a bit of pressure. We seemed to be coping with it well enough, a few half chances to Elgin but nothing really to worry about and then the visitors won a stonewall penalty, Bobo gets his marching orders and everything goes a bit mushy and they get a point that they probably didnít deserve.

Youíll notice I am referring to Elgin more than the Shire, but thatís because I donít really know how I feel, sure a point against one of the leagues form teams sitting in 4th place is a good point but really we should have had all 3 in the bag and been only 3 behind Montrose. Everyone played well and this spirit and determination keeps on going and the unity is so good to see, you really wonder where we would be in the table if this had been the case since the start of the season. If we keep this up I firmly believe we will be 8th or 9th come the end of the season.

I love Bobo, think he is a good Centre Half but it was a silly red card that has cost us and we will of course now have to do without him when we play Stranraer in a tricky tie next week. Everyone done well and with the way we played we really did deserve the 3 points.

Has Ramage been getting much of a look in?

"It's a wonderful narrative device to bring someone from the outside and look through his eyes if you want to describe the absurdity and preposterous reality that is accepted amongst the ones who are inside."

luggy

luggy

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Ramage has only started 2 games for the Shire and he has not got on the pitch at our last 2 home game which makes bringing him on loan a bit of a pointless exercise for both club and player.

"Show me a man who is a good loser and I'll show you a man who is playing golf with his boss."

The Moonster

The Moonster

Waltz this way...

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts
  • My Team:Dumbarton

Ramage has only started 2 games for the Shire and he has not got on the pitch at our last 2 home game which makes bringing him on loan a bit of a pointless exercise for both club and player.

Shame, I was hoping he'd get a good run of games to see how he does. I know he was itching to get a run of games with us so I doubt he's happy with his current situation but if the manager doesn't want to start him he doesn't have to.

"It's a wonderful narrative device to bring someone from the outside and look through his eyes if you want to describe the absurdity and preposterous reality that is accepted amongst the ones who are inside."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users