Islam Feruz

The incident happened almost 2 years ago, so maybe a little perspective required. A complete idiot for doing what he did and deserves the ban, but he was what, 17 and he's almost 19 now, maybe he's grown up a little since then.

He does need to screw the nut if he's ever to make it though, although would you want to play for Billy Stark?

The incident happened almost 2 years ago, so maybe a little perspective required. A complete idiot for doing what he did and deserves the ban, but he was what, 17 and he's almost 19 now, maybe he's grown up a little since then.

He does need to screw the nut if he's ever to make it though, although would you want to play for Billy Stark?

What baffles me most of all is that theres a 16 page thread regarding a guy that virtually no-one has seen play at any proper level. Folk have talked him up, written him off, believed quotes from Celtic and fucking Gordon Smith and now he's 'finished'.

Bizarre.

What baffles me most of all is that theres a 16 page thread regarding a guy that virtually no-one has seen play at any proper level. Folk have talked him up, written him off, believed quotes from Celtic and fucking Gordon Smith and now he's 'finished'.

Bizarre.

And folk slatted Fleck and Wild at least there playing at competitive level.Feruz should seek a loan deal even to a SPL team would help him improve

A loan move to the SPL unless it was Celtic would not help him improve. He needs to go to League One or the championship.

Of course it would help him improve, he's never played first team football.

That's assuming he's good enough to get a game for most teams in our top flight.

He isn't the wonder kid some make him out to be

Sorry but the level of the SPL at the moment is not compareable to England. Stevie May - Probably the best striker in the league around his age has went to Sheffield Weds. Thats the level the SPL is working from just now in the main. I totally agree that 1st team football is what he needs and he would obv get that here with most teams I would think but I dont think coming to the SPL would be a great idea. He'd be better off in League One or the Championship.

Sorry but the level of the SPL at the moment is not compareable to England. Stevie May - Probably the best striker in the league around his age has went to Sheffield Weds. Thats the level the SPL is working from just now in the main. I totally agree that 1st team football is what he needs and he would obv get that here with most teams I would think but I dont think coming to the SPL would be a great idea. He'd be better off in League One or the Championship.

Just because the championship has money, doesn't mean it's a better league for player to develop within. you have plenty of donkeys playing at that level, and to try and put League 1 of par with the SPL is nonsense. Just look at the nick of James Collins, he came from League 1 as highly rated and we know how that turned out.

Feruz has never played first team football. playing it in the SPL wouldn't undoubtedly be beneficial for him. but i'm not so sure he is good enough to come up here and walk into a team.

Just because the championship has money, doesn't mean it's a better league for player to develop within. you have plenty of donkeys playing at that level, and to try and put League 1 of par with the SPL is nonsense. Just look at the nick of James Collins, he came from League 1 as highly rated and we know how that turned out.

Feruz has never played first team football. playing it in the SPL wouldn't undoubtedly be beneficial for him. but i'm not so sure he is good enough to come up here and walk into a team.

It is definately not nonsense to compare the two. There are donkeys in evey league on both sides but there are certainly a whole load of players in the championship that would walk into any team in the SPL's starting line up at the drop of a hat. There is not a team outside of Celtic that would get promoted from the English championship at the moment and even they would be in for a battle. There are also 3 or 4 teams that would most certainly be relegated from it. The overall standard is far higher which would better develop players in it. I agree that it would be good for him if he did have a spell up here but I think a spell playing in League one or above would be more benificial. You make a good point when you say that none of us actually know how good he is though.....until then we are all speculating I guess.

The term 'wonderkid' is something of a poisonous title, as people expect potential to be realised and hammer players who fail to live up to that potential.

Clearly Feruz has something about him to be picked up by Chelsea in his teens, but until he does something of note in a professional game of any sort (0 starts 0 goals so far), it's pretty pointless to talk about him.

Isn't that becoming 'the same old pap' itself?? Your club aside, i wouldn't say there's any great swathe of youngsters taking the game by storm at all. And no disrespect intended, taking a 6-1 fisting from the same Celtic team which capitulated against Legia (on the pitch!!) does not act as a great selling point for anyone. Clubs being forced to throw teenagers into a 40 game season doesn't make them any better, if they aren't ready. Fair enough if there isn't the cash available to sign a team full of experienced established players, but selling it as some sort of golden age is just pissing on people's legs and telling them its raining. We've got youth development totally arse over tit in this country, even more than we ever had in 'the bad old days' before we made such a big deal of it by championing the likes of Feruz and dare i say Gauld too. What we call 'quality' or 'cultured' players are ten 'a penny throughout the rest of Europe, and the ones who make it everywhere else possess far stronger personal characteristics and attributes away from the training field.