Islam Feruz

Seems ever since he's got his new agent/management team he's turning into a prima donna. I know Chelsea was a big move for him but considering he'd be back in Somalia by now if it wasn't for Celtic and more notably Tommy Burns, you'd have expected him to show the club more respect. On the other hand, its a short career and you have to do what's best for yourself.

It will be interesting to see what happens now as regards to him apparently refusing to play for the Scottish U-17s because Ricky Sbragia has picked him for the squad at that level again for the European Championship Elite games at the end of the month, if he doesn't turn out again after getting chosen you would think if the SFA have any balls that would be him done with the national side for at least some time.

Seems ever since he's got his new agent/management team he's turning into a prima donna. I know Chelsea was a big move for him but considering he'd be back in Somalia by now if it wasn't for Celtic and more notably Tommy Burns, you'd have expected him to show the club more respect. On the other hand, its a short career and you have to do what's best for yourself.

To be fair, moving to chelsea was probably too good an opportunity to turn down. Not saying his agent won't have given him a gentle nod in that direction but Chelsea are far superior to Celtic. Had a look at his twitter and his background is him in a celtic strip and he mentions celtic regularly so I do think he realises what they did for him.

Is he still only 16 aye? Most people at that age are complete cocks. I know I was a cocky little arsehole then. I am sure when he starts training with the first team on a regular basis then they will keep his feet on the ground. He is obviously a talent. We should be trying to encourage kids that age to have a bit of cockiness about them.

Celtic didn't treat him as some humanitarian project. They were looking out for themselves as much as Feruz. The Celtic fans indignation over this is hilarious. They release any young player they don't think will be of any use to them and they don't deride any young players who move to them from other clubs as showing 'no respect'. Being 'grateful' to Celtic or Tommy Burns doesn't tie him to that club forever. Incidently, if Celtic had helped him then decided he wasn't good enough, they'd have dumped him sharpish. Chelsea was the correct career move for the lad.

He's he's made a few arsey comments on twitter etc, let him, he's 16. Being a bit of an arse is pretty much mandatory.

Mon the Scottish Balotelli!

It will be interesting to see what happens now as regards to him apparently refusing to play for the Scottish U-17s because Ricky Sbragia has picked him for the squad at that level again for the European Championship Elite games at the end of the month, if he doesn't turn out again after getting chosen you would think if the SFA have any balls that would be him done with the national side for at least some time.

I'd expect that most posters on here would want Ricky Sbragia to beg him to come back, based on their opinion about Fletcher. He'd probably also suddenly be considered to be about 10 times better as a player as a result.

Now the boy is clearly mega gifted and doing really well at Chelsea and featuring and scoringa few for their reserve team.

However is anyone following the lad on twitter? Commenting on the recent under 21 match against Holland he slated sub Michael O'Halloran saying how he didnt rate him and he was only picked because his dad was a celtic youth coach.Been slating Gregg Wylde as well last couple of days.

He has been told he will be involved with next under 21 squad so why is he ripping into hisfuture team mates!

He refused to play for the under 17 team recently as he stated on twitter he was past that level and didnt see point in going backwards.

But then he is only a 16/17 yr old kid so is it too much to expect these boys to be maturein the media?

Thoughts?

The answer is in the first clause of your 2nd last paragraph.

To be fair, moving to chelsea was probably too good an opportunity to turn down. Not saying his agent won't have given him a gentle nod in that direction but Chelsea are far superior to Celtic. Had a look at his twitter and his background is him in a celtic strip and he mentions celtic regularly so I do think he realises what they did for him.

Is he still only 16 aye? Most people at that age are complete cocks. I know I was a cocky little arsehole then. I am sure when he starts training with the first team on a regular basis then they will keep his feet on the ground. He is obviously a talent. We should be trying to encourage kids that age to have a bit of cockiness about them.

Was? You still are haha.

Feruz seems like a total tosser on his twitter though, posting pictures of him drinking bottles of Greygoose. Great attitude.

Someone at Chelsea needs to be having a word with this lad. Young men do stupid things but it's not the best idea to have them posted all over Twitter. He has a picture of a bird with a black eye on there and you actually have to scan through posts to make sure he isn't boasting about doing it.

Reminds me of this thread

http://www.pieandbov...095-john-fleck/

John Fleck, being tipped for a Scotland call up

:lol:

Fleck should be in the Scotland side to play Holland, of that there is no doubt.

If you are good enough then you are old enough. Fleck will have no fear and will get stuck in. He is exactly the type of player we need in the side.

And while we are at it, I'd get Lee Wilkie into the side as well. This would be my line up:

Gordon or McGregor

Broadfoot - Wilkie - Caldwell - McManus - Naysmith

Brown - Fletcher - Robson

Fleck -

McCormack

Edited by Enrico Annoni

He is very lucky to have top class role models like john terry and ashley cole to advise him

Was also my first thought when i read that post. If theres any club in england where he's probably going to get worse and not better, its Chelsea, a team full of fucking grade A wanks (and these guys like Terry, Lampard, Cole and co were the reason AVB was sacked imo).

Tbh ive stopped caring now either way. He didnt want to be here so he fucked off elsewhere. End of story.

He refused to play for the under 17 team recently as he stated on twitter he was past that level and didnt see point in going backwards.

Thoughts?

Did he? The only "evidence" I've seen for that claim is on the notoriously unreliable TAMB.

The following tweet was cited as evidence (there was also mention of an alleged tweet on the Chelsea youth twitter feed but no link provided):

"I will not be playing for Scotland against Serbia I've passed the U17s stage 2/3 years ago and i will not be stepping down a few levels!!"

Only problem is that this was dated 4.23 pm on 17th Feb and several subsequent tweets confirmed that he had changed his mind and was indeed travelling to Scotland for the game. Can't be bothered cutting and pasting the whole saga but it's there for all to see. Loathe as I am to follow the ramblings of any 16 year-old on Twitter, I think we have to cut him some slack here. Mark Wotte tweeted after the game that he allegedly "refused to play in" that there was "no problem" and that Feruz would definitely be involved in upcoming games with the under 17s. Seems from the comments of Wotte and Sbragia recently that neither are concerned about Feruz's commitment and that the decision to let him fly back to London was a mutually agreed one. No point in stirring up antagonistic feelings towards a clearly highly talented young player on the basis of a few immature tweets and some half-arsed internet speculation.

Edited by Frankie S

How much will he be getting a week? Sure I heard somewhere it was 2 grand.

If at the age of 16 I was getting 2 grand a week I would've died, he's doing pretty well imo.

In England you can't sign a Pro contract until 17. One of the issues he had to consider when turning down Celtic was the loss of a year's Pro salary as he's not 17 until September this year, whereas he could have signed pro at Celtic 6 months ago. The training wage was £80p/w 5 or 6 years ago, no idea what it is now. But he'll have a flat provided no doubt and I'm sure there are other ways of keeping the lad in iphones between now and September.

Out of interest, considering his slightly suspect loyalty, what prospect of him turning out in the 3 Lions?