Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Let's Hijack Traynor's Talk-In

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Granny Danger

Granny Danger

Vote YES on 18 September.

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,648 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd
There seems to be general agreement on the various threads that the views of ordinary, non-Rangers supporters are not being heard. if you listen to the BBC you would think that there is a consensus that Rangers going tits up is the worst thing in football history.

I think that Traynor's talk-in is a pretty shit programme, but what if all the people who have contributed to the various threads were to call on Saturday to express their views? Would it be worthwhile?

Three points I would want to put across.
1. A newco Rangers should not be admitted back into the SPL.
2. There is no evidence, only opinion, that the SPL needs Rangers.
3. The HMRC should not give Rangers preferential treatment, it is a slap in the face to individuals and other businesses (including other football clubs) who pay their taxes.

I know some people will write this idea off as a waste of time but if enough of us 'phone up at least we can maybe get the message across.

Any volunteers?

Saints Bevy Squad

Saints Bevy Squad

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,072 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren

There seems to be general agreement on the various threads that the views of ordinary, non-Rangers supporters are not being heard. if you listen to the BBC you would think that there is a consensus that Rangers going tits up is the worst thing in football history.

I think that Traynor's talk-in is a pretty shit programme, but what if all the people who have contributed to the various threads were to call on Saturday to express their views? Would it be worthwhile?

Three points I would want to put across.
1. A newco Rangers should not be admitted back into the SPL.
2. There is no evidence, only opinion, that the SPL needs Rangers.
3. The HMRC should not give Rangers preferential treatment, it is a slap in the face to individuals and other businesses (including other football clubs) who pay their taxes.

I know some people will write this idea off as a waste of time but if enough of us 'phone up at least we can maybe get the message across.

Any volunteers?

He'll be reading this the now shitting himself the fat bald w****r.

"It has been a life-long ambition of mine to play for St Mirren"
Steven Thompson (St Mirren legend).

Jacksgranda

Jacksgranda

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,743 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen

He'll be reading this the now shitting himself the fat bald w****r.

Well, if he is, and you phone in, don't give your name as "Saints Bevy Squad".
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Saints Bevy Squad

Saints Bevy Squad

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,072 posts

Well, if he is, and you phone in, don't give your name as "Saints Bevy Squad".

I'll say it's "Jacksgranda" here :lol:

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian
Let's not.

Let's let Traynor make a gargantuan c**t of himself by making these claims and not be pulled in by his professional wummery while paying through the nose to do so.

Osman Sow (3) 2-2 (3) Farid El Alagui

Boyd & Miller (3)0

GordieBoy80

GordieBoy80

Former Quiz Champion. Current Judas.

• Gold Members
  • 12,148 posts
  • My Team:Dunfermline
  • Gamertag:GordieBoy80(PS3)

Let's not.

Let's let Traynor make a gargantuan c**t of himself by making these claims and not be pulled in by his professional wummery while paying through the nose to do so.

Yes, free phone calls really are a nightmare to pay for.

Rangers died and The Pars survived.

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts
  • My Team:Rangers
dunfermline couldnt fully pay their players wages when they didnt receive our ticket money , is their any more proof needed that our finances are needed in this rotten league :blink:
Posted Today, 13:11
DhenBhoy

If you can't understand what's written .. more fool you. You're a total fanny and a w****r and what you engage in isn't banter. You're an utter pillock. Is it clear yet?

Edited by DhenBhoy, Today, 13:12

Mark Connolly

Mark Connolly

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • 4,659 posts

dunfermline couldnt fully pay their players wages when they didnt receive our ticket money , is their any more proof needed that our finances are needed in this rotten league :blink:

You seem to be confused - the entire issue is that you have no finance

Saints Bevy Squad

Saints Bevy Squad

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,072 posts

Posted Image

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts

You seem to be confused - the entire issue is that you have no finance

the fans who pay the tickets have finance obviously you fud , and one non payemnt by rangers to dunfermline regarding ticket money meant they coulnt pay their players wages for a month! aye sure ofcourse use dont need us :blink:
DhenBhoy

If you can't understand what's written .. more fool you. You're a total fanny and a w****r and what you engage in isn't banter. You're an utter pillock. Is it clear yet?

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts
2. There is no evidence, only opinion, that the SPL needs Rangers.---- is there any evidence that the spl wouldnt need rangers or is it only an opinion ?:huh:
DhenBhoy

Hearts Daft

Hearts Daft

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian

Yes, free phone calls really are a nightmare to pay for.

And there, in a nutshell, Is how much attention I pay to these roasters.

Osman Sow (3) 2-2 (3) Farid El Alagui

Boyd & Miller (3)0

stonedsailor

stonedsailor

Whitchimacoll

• Gold Members
  • 6,104 posts
  • My Team:Inverness Caley Thistle
  • Gamertag:caleyjags2010
Caley Jags don't need Rangers, with C*unty coming up next season we are just swapping two away ends filled with one lot of smelly inbred knuckledraggers with another lot of the same ilk in slightly darker blue tops. Now you wont mind me sitting back and laughing at your club's slow painful demise?

Any such alteration of a club’s legal form or structure is deemed to be an interruption to its membership of a UEFA member association and consequently three years must pass before a club can apply again for a UEFA licence. In other words, the three-year rule is designed basically to avoid circumvention of the club licensing system.- Court of arbitration for sport.

Jussy

Jussy

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

POPULAR

the fans who pay the tickets have finance obviously you fud , and one non payemnt by rangers to dunfermline regarding ticket money meant they coulnt pay their players wages for a month! aye sure ofcourse use dont need us :blink:

It could theoretically have been Killie or Well or St Mirren or any number of SPL clubs that didn't pay Dunfermline their (not your) money and drove them to the brink.
You seem to completely fail to comprehend that clubs budget for what they know they will get in a season, and that includes the money they are due from OF gates should the OF be in the SPL. No rangers: no budgeting for their money. Continuation of rangers: now no faith in budgeting for their money. The latter was not the case when Dunfermline had to bare faced cheek to assume they would receive their money.
We don't need you, your bigotry and spite, or your deluded sense of self importance.

"I feel enormous pride at being manager of such a fantastic club in Scottish football with a great history" - Kenny Shiels

Mark Connolly

Mark Connolly

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • 4,659 posts

Presumably in your own house you budget for a month based on expected wages/income. If you don't get what you are owed, you find yourself a bit short, and can't afford to go to the game or pay the sky bill, etc.

This is exactly what happened with Dunfermline - they budgeted for a month based on expected income, and found themselves a bit short when the income was less than expected. Their chairman confirmed it would not be the case in coming months and the staff would be repaid in full.

Several other clubs are also owed money by Rangers, but all of them met their liabilities for the month, so please explain how we "need" Rangers?

Supras

Supras

Specific, relevant, devastating.

• Gold Members
  • 19,856 posts
Would we have to talk to Jim Traynor?

If so, I'm out.

Probably several. But that's not really that important - a team is a team. England are a better team than Italy at present. I expect you to feel very disappointed in a couple of weeks.

To be fair supras seems like the irrelevant no more that spends his spare time eating bricks

Atletico are not potential winners of the Champions League in my opinion.They have as much chance as Milan. i.e. none.

dave258

dave258

( o )( o )

• Gold Members
  • 9,117 posts
  • Gamertag:sexpest3000

Whilst I wouldn't put it quite so eloquently, I'd be interested to know how big an impact losing Rangers would have on other teams' budgets in the SPL.

Dunfermline said they were due 83,000 in ticket money (I'd assume there were ~4000 fans at 20ish each - taking this as fairly standard for each SPL ground). You also have the income generated at pie stalls, from selling extra hospitality for the 'big' games, fairweather fans in the home end etc. That will add up to a considerable amount of money to be losing twice a season, for each team in the league. I'd estimate 125,000 maybe? Give or take 10k.

How would each team make up this shortfall? A lot of teams coming up from the 1st Division to replace us would bring a tenth of that number of fans at best, nor would they have the same appeal for corporate or hospitality. You then have the knock on effect on the TV deal, which would be re-evaluated almost instantly by Sky as best their contract allows. We are constantly being told that budgets are stretched already and we rarely see any managers being given funds from player sales to reinvest in their squads (Goodwillie for example).

I wouldn't say that the SPL 'needs' Rangers like the morons at the SFA/SPL kep insisting. The SPL would continue with or without us. The facts are though that without us, there is a large financial gap to plug and no obvious means to do so.
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2010: -85.98
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2011: +44.54

Forever Hibs

Forever Hibs

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

2. There is no evidence, only opinion, that the SPL needs Rangers.---- is there any evidence that the spl wouldnt need rangers or is it only an opinion ?:huh:

We need your bunch as much as the EPL does. :lol:
Posted Image

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts

Whilst I wouldn't put it quite so eloquently, I'd be interested to know how big an impact losing Rangers would have on other teams' budgets in the SPL.

Dunfermline said they were due 83,000 in ticket money (I'd assume there were ~4000 fans at 20ish each - taking this as fairly standard for each SPL ground). You also have the income generated at pie stalls, from selling extra hospitality for the 'big' games, fairweather fans in the home end etc. That will add up to a considerable amount of money to be losing twice a season, for each team in the league. I'd estimate 125,000 maybe? Give or take 10k.

How would each team make up this shortfall? A lot of teams coming up from the 1st Division to replace us would bring a tenth of that number of fans at best, nor would they have the same appeal for corporate or hospitality. You then have the knock on effect on the TV deal, which would be re-evaluated almost instantly by Sky as best their contract allows. We are constantly being told that budgets are stretched already and we rarely see any managers being given funds from player sales to reinvest in their squads (Goodwillie for example).

I wouldn't say that the SPL 'needs' Rangers like the morons at the SFA/SPL kep insisting. The SPL would continue with or without us. The facts are though that without us, there is a large financial gap to plug and no obvious means to do so.

excellent post :D
if we are being accurate it was 22 pound for the pleasure of attendance in fife ;)
DhenBhoy

Mark Connolly

Mark Connolly

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • 4,659 posts

Increased crowds doesn't just mean increased income. It also means an increase in stewarding and policing costs, especially when the OF come to town. There may be more income at pie stalls, but it would be logical to suggest that there would also be a larger supply of said goodness, along with programmes etc, again due to a larger target audience.

I don't disagree that there will be more income from a game against either side of the OF, but it's a bit simplistic to say x numer of extra fans at y per ticket = z much more income

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts

We need your bunch as much as the EPL does. :lol:

rangers or no rangers, hibs will always be shite and continue to be the second team in Edinburgh !
DhenBhoy

H_B

H_B

Good Scots - Great Brits

• Gold Members
  • 50,584 posts
  • My Team:Glasgow University

I don't disagree that there will be more income from a game against either side of the OF, but it's a bit simplistic to say x numer of extra fans at y per ticket = z much more income

There's alsoo the home fans (particularly families) who don't go to OF home games because of the bile and filth from the blue and green bigot scumbags to factor in here.

Jussy

Jussy

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

rangers or no rangers, hibs will always be shite and continue to be the second team in Edinburgh !

In this for reasoned debate I see. Just ignoring the posts about why we don't need rangers and choosing to lash out at other clubs in a petty and not particularly amusing manner?

"I feel enormous pride at being manager of such a fantastic club in Scottish football with a great history" - Kenny Shiels

Forever Hibs

Forever Hibs

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

And Celtic will be the "only" team in Glasgow. :)
Posted Image

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts

Increased crowds doesn't just mean increased income. It also means an increase in stewarding and policing costs, especially when the OF come to town. There may be more income at pie stalls, but it would be logical to suggest that there would also be a larger supply of said goodness, along with programmes etc, again due to a larger target audience.

obviosly stewarding cost will increase for a visit from us or the gangreen brigade but in other cases when their is a small band of away fans can the stewarding not also be seen as a waste of money. obvioulsy you need stewards howver there has been times where watching higlights at inverness for example where their looks to be about 100 - 150 away fans , yet about a team of about a dozen stewards :blink:

Edited by forever_blue, 08 March 2012 - 12:33.

DhenBhoy

forever_blue

forever_blue

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,879 posts

And Celtic will be the "only" team in Glasgow. :)

bit disrespectfull to partick thistle :rolleyes:
DhenBhoy

WaffenThinMint

WaffenThinMint

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,818 posts
  • My Team:Other
So what's the plan: Captain_Sensible, Djchapsticks, Drs, Pozbaird and P45 phone in, calling themselves "Save The Bears" or something else guaranteed to get them through, they let rip, and we get to enjoy Traynor completely lose it even more than he did with Chic Young last year? Sounds good to me!
Posted Image

If you're posting on P&B over 30 times in a day, you've failed in life that day. Stop making excuses, do something more productive with your time.

SodjesSixteenIncher

SodjesSixteenIncher

UMAD RABBI?

• Gold Members
  • 10,996 posts

Very possibly true.

The good thing is I'll be able to spend the next 50/60 years finding out. Most of a lifetime of ups and downs, Saturdays spent with good mates.
If I ever have kids, I can share it with them with plenty of happy (and sad) memories.

Unless someone steps up before this weekend, you'll have waved goodbye to that forever. All that tradition and hope for the future dead.
Hard lines :lol: :lol:

dave258

dave258

( o )( o )

• Gold Members
  • 9,117 posts
  • Gamertag:sexpest3000

Absolutely - I didn't mean for my post to suggest otherwise. Regardless of overheads though, it will still mean this theoretical 125k more income per game against Rangers. I don't know what percentage of this is profit - catering prices are fixed all season long so it will be the same GP% as any other game (maybe even slightly better due to buying pies etc in bigger bulk?), just with bigger numbers, and presumably there will only need to be X number of stewards per Y number of fans.

In any case, it is a large financial gap to fill for every team in the SPL.
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2010: -85.98
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2011: +44.54

Saints Bevy Squad

Saints Bevy Squad

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • 4,072 posts

So what's the plan: Captain_Sensible, Djchapsticks, Drs, Pozbaird and P45 phone in, calling themselves "Save The Bears" or something else guaranteed to get them through, they let rip, and we get to enjoy Traynor completely lose it even more than he did with Chic Young last year? Sounds good to me!

This sounds magnificent. Captain will probably end up spouting pish about St Mirren though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users