Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Football podcasts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

rw89

rw89

<Insert Cult Hero 14/15>

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,878 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers
Can anyone recommend any decent football podcasts? Looking for some for when I'm doing work so any help would be appreciated.

#DareToBairdy #DaretoJimmy

My twitter

GingerSaint

GingerSaint

Known to do the impossible like Broadway Joe.

• Gold Members
  • 11,968 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone

Can anyone recommend any decent football podcasts? Looking for some for when I'm doing work so any help would be appreciated.

The Guardian's "Football Weekly" is a cracking podcast. Every Monday and Thursday.

I tried listening to the Sunday Supplement but my ears started to bleed.

NFL Betting 2014/15: +198.06

ark loyal

ark loyal

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
  • Gamertag:Psn - wellboy
The Bbc world football phone in is usually worth a listen.

Edited by ark loyal, 21 February 2012 - 14:55.

Posted Image

calum_gers

calum_gers

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,847 posts
  • My Team:Other

The Guardian's "Football Weekly" is a cracking podcast. Every Monday and Thursday.

I tried listening to the Sunday Supplement but my ears started to bleed.

I'm getting slightly bored of football weekly, it's still a good listen mind.

The game from the Times. World football phone in from Radio 5Live is good, but again can be a bit samey. World football from the world service is also excellent.

Sherrif John Bunnell

Sherrif John Bunnell

When the cops take him down, they take him down HARD

• Gold Members
  • 7,729 posts
  • My Team:Ross County
The Football Ramble is very funny and probably the best football podcast around.

Kick Talk and The Away End are good for Scottish football podcasts, although the Away End rarely strays away from SPL chat.
I aint giving you no tree fiddy you goddamn Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddamn money!

Kitty_Boy

Kitty_Boy

First Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • My Team:Ayr United
The Terrace Scottish Football podcast is my favourite.

The low regard (distain) in which Football Weekly regards Scottish football occasionaly riles me, yet at the same time we get to hear about Barca and Real Madrid every week from Sid Lowe.

@albinoanaconda blog / twitter

SodjesSixteenIncher

SodjesSixteenIncher

HIPSTER FILTH

• Gold Members
  • 11,979 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

The Football Ramble is very funny and probably the best football podcast around.

Yeah, listen to this every Wednesday, definately the best around.

They talk about the funny goings on from around world football. You usually find corrupt Romanian club chairmen and Diego Maradona provide a much more entertaining perspective than anything that might be discussed by the Guardian 'footy fans'.

When I first started listening I was always impressed with how much time / knowledge they commited to Scottish football, but they seem to have become increasingly scathing about the SPL, which is also hilarious to listen to.

Dominique Malonga Goal Tally 2014/15: 3 g7KOu4f.jpg

Mark Oxley Golazo Counter: 1 goal / 1 assist.

sky+remote

sky+remote

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

The low regard (distain) in which Football Weekly regards Scottish football occasionaly riles me, yet at the same time we get to hear about Barca and Real Madrid every week from Sid Lowe.

Wouldn't worry, Barry G seems to have similar feelings towards Seria A haha. I think the feelings towards Scottish football are to be expected, it's the way everyone sees us, and definitely isn't helped by our own media's ideas of our game.

I have listened to 5 live's phone in a few times, and not really sure there is much point, the callers don't seem to bring up many good points. The World football phone-in can be quite interesting, however you may get bored hearing about teams, players and leagues that you don't give a toss about.

Sherrif John Bunnell

Sherrif John Bunnell

When the cops take him down, they take him down HARD

• Gold Members
  • 7,729 posts
  • My Team:Ross County

Yeah, listen to this every Wednesday, definately the best around.

They talk about the funny goings on from around world football. You usually find corrupt Romanian club chairmen and Diego Maradona provide a much more entertaining perspective than anything that might be discussed by the Guardian 'footy fans'.

When I first started listening I was always impressed with how much time / knowledge they commited to Scottish football, but they seem to have become increasingly scathing about the SPL, which is also hilarious to listen to.

Georgi Becali and Zlatan are my two favourite footballing personalities as a result of listening to the Ramble. Corrupt Romanian chairmen are far more entertaining than the poor Lithuanian imitation we have in Scotland.

Poor Marcus is always clinging onto to the hope that his beloved Gorgie Boys will come good :lol:
I aint giving you no tree fiddy you goddamn Loch Ness monster! Get your own goddamn money!

SodjesSixteenIncher

SodjesSixteenIncher

HIPSTER FILTH

• Gold Members
  • 11,979 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian

Georgi Becali and Zlatan are my two favourite footballing personalities as a result of listening to the Ramble. Corrupt Romanian chairmen are far more entertaining than the poor Lithuanian imitation we have in Scotland.

Poor Marcus is always clinging onto to the hope that his beloved Gorgie Boys will come good :lol:

Yeah, this is how you run a football club:

Aug 2010: Steaua coach Victor Piturca resigns after 59 days, attacking owner Gigi Becali for changing his contract and "failing to shut up". Becali says the new coach, Ilie Dumitrescu, is "a better man ... He's doing this unpaid." Dumitrescu: "Money does not interest me. I just want respect."
Sep 2010
: Dumitrescu is sacked. Becali appoints Marius Lacatus as the "lasting solution for Steaua". Lacatus: "I could not refuse this. This is my lifelong dream."
Mar 2011: Lacatus resigns. Becali: "I pick this team. It's not a democracy." Appoints Sorin Cartu as his fifth coach of the season. "I'm giving him three months. We'll see."

And this is how you handle public relations:

Mar 2011: Becali, asked on live TV how he feels about Rapid Bucharest president Dinu Gheorghe making public reference to Becali's first job as a shepherd. "What? He is a filthy jerk. A fat bum. I'll force this Gypsy back up his mother. I'm tired of him, all his irony and jokes. He forces me to lose control! He's way out of line."

:o :lol:

rw89, either Bacali, Ibrahimovic or Maradona appear every week with some unbelievable offensive stuff, which James Richardson wouldn't dare tread on.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher, 21 February 2012 - 15:45.

Dominique Malonga Goal Tally 2014/15: 3 g7KOu4f.jpg

Mark Oxley Golazo Counter: 1 goal / 1 assist.

mozam76

mozam76

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts
  • My Team:Livingston
Football Weekly and The Away End are the ones I listen to. The Game on occasion as well.

"Playing as part of the Reiver's lost cause hasn't stopped Con De Lange from racking up 74 not out with an over remaining. This included a six that cleared the sight screen and hit a Subaru"

Topcat (themosttiptop) - proof that there is light in the tunnel. What that light is, nobody knows.

Rabinho

Rabinho

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
The Terrace is excellent with the Away End being close second for me. The 4-6-0 podcast is a hoot if you don't take it too seriously.

rw89

rw89

<Insert Cult Hero 14/15>

• Gold Members
  • 12,878 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers
Cheers for the recommendations. Will definitely check them out.

#DareToBairdy #DaretoJimmy

My twitter

NorthernLights

NorthernLights

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen
World Football from the BBC World Service is a good podcast. The only downside is Alan Green hosts it. This weeks episode is fucked though, sounds like it was recorded from a badly tuned MW radio. The range and scope of the podcast is really broad which is what I really like about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...sts/series/wswf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users