Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Clyde v. Elgin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ScottR96

ScottR96

Two Pointer

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts
  • My Team:Clyde
Clyde entertain Elgin at Broadwood on Tuesday. Elgin's away record is horrific, and their head to head record against Clyde is worse. It will be a difficult game though, especially after their win against Alloa.

We should have a full squad with the exception of Sloss.

1-1.

#teamjordo

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 12,260 posts
And Fitzpatrick and Scullion if the chippy is open.

Marr or Hay need to make way as we dont need two ball winners. It's ridiculous that a player like Marr cant get a game in his position cause our defence is that strong. Gray also returning so would possibly give Brown a rest after just returning from a lengthy lay off.

Crawford
Gray Gallagher McQueen Sharp
Neill Hay Sweeney Oliver
McDonald Brannan

McCue, Kane, Marr, Irvine, Brown.

What the f**k has happened to Birnstingl by the way? Has he even been in the squad at all since signing.

Home win 2-0

Cityfan

Cityfan

Golden Shoe Winner

• Platinum Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • My Team:Elgin City
  • Gamertag:Rossco1893

and their head to head record against Clyde is worse.

Yup, we have failed to win in 5 games against Clyde are they and the only team to have won at BB this season, so you lot really are a bogey team for us. I would be satisfied with a point tomorrow.

Edited by cityfan, 20 February 2012 - 11:41.

David W

David W

The Chosen One

• Gold Members
  • 11,422 posts
It's times like these I'm glad I'm not a manager. Do we go with a back three to accomodate all of the centre halves, or do we drop Marr or McQueen?

I'd go with a 352 myself as we don't have width to start with, so Sharp at LWB won't make much difference.

Crawford
McQueen Marr Gallagher
Brown Sweeney Hay Oliver Sharp
Neill Brannan

25 years but not forgotten.

#DL GOAL COUNT (v Clyde): 0

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 12,260 posts
That looks a pretty promising line up actually. Only thing that would concern me is the right hand side where if Browns caught too far up the park and McQueen not being the quickest might struggle to make up the ground.

Mind you if the McMullan Elgin have on their books is Paul then we'll be fine.

Clyde4life

Clyde4life

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

It's times like these I'm glad I'm not a manager. Do we go with a back three to accomodate all of the centre halves, or do we drop Marr or McQueen?

I'd go with a 352 myself as we don't have width to start with, so Sharp at LWB won't make much difference.

Crawford
McQueen Marr Gallagher
Brown Sweeney Hay Oliver Sharp
Neill Brannan

I would drop Sharp after his performance on Saturday, where it looked as if he still believed he was a Stranraer player - if we go with three at the back. McDonald was awful on Saturday, but does not deserve to get replaced by Neill who has been appalling as of late - yet still is the only creative player we have :(

With Gray coming back into the reckoning, I would put hin in plave of Sweeney, who did nothing when he came on on Saturday.

It's time the likes of Sweeney and Neill in particular realise they are not automatic picks, especially as Kane looks like finally providing something and deserves a start.

Edited by Clyde4life, 20 February 2012 - 14:12.

You can take a horse to water, but you cant make a monkey climb a rope with a bell in both hands!

TRAFFIC CONES ARE HYPNOTIC!

CasperJarrot

CasperJarrot

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
Clyde's goal scoring problem returned at the weekend and with Elgin banging in goals recently I can only see an away win for the black and whites.

Clyde 1 Elgin 2

JasonElgin

JasonElgin

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Mind you if the McMullan Elgin have on their books is Paul then we'll be fine.

It is Paul McMullan but i think he will be on the bench again, didnt start against alloa. Would be happy with a draw but would rather the 3 points.

ScottR96

ScottR96

Two Pointer

• Gold Members
  • 8,842 posts

It is Paul McMullan but i think he will be on the bench again, didnt start against alloa. Would be happy with a draw but would rather the 3 points.

:lol: :lol:

#teamjordo

Clyde 1877

Clyde 1877

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
To be fair McMullan never got a proper chance because of injury and when he came back the team were playing well.

Cityfan

Cityfan

Golden Shoe Winner

• Platinum Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • Gamertag:Rossco1893

:lol: :lol:

He'll go and score the winner now. Paul McMullan Last Goalscorer @ 11/1 with McBookie ;)

Looks like we are likely to be without 1st and 2nd choice keepers tonight, so youth keeper Stuart Black will be drafted in, which is a slight worry.

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Gamertag:scotty1878
Dont know if this will effect anyone but the road next to the Red Deer joining onto the A80/M80 is shut. I had to brave the back road next to Cumbernauld Rugby club last night the last time I went along there I hit a crater of a pothole and it burst my tyre. Posted Image

So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and you're telling me your completely sane?

Mozzamozza

Mozzamozza

Nose Bleed Territory

• Gold Members
  • 19,043 posts
  • My Team:Aberdeen
Good result for elgin tonight. play offs still on the cards if they can get some consistency going again.

ScottR96

ScottR96

Two Pointer

• Gold Members
  • 8,842 posts
Rubbish.

David Crawford is needing a boot up the arse.

#teamjordo

philosopher

philosopher

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Excellent. Hopefully the start of a better run away from home.

Tuffers

Tuffers

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Welcome 3 points for us there. Hopefully get another 3 on Seterday against Montrose. Anyone confirm the Daniels goal was a free kick from th halfway line or is someone winding me up??

Bullyweejedi

Bullyweejedi

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Free kick was about 10yds inside the clyde half

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 12,260 posts
Fucking rubbish game. only real talking point was us getting a free kick for a foul about 3 yards inside the area. No complaints about the result though.

CasperJarrot

CasperJarrot

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
[quote name='CasperJarrot' timestamp='1329750334' post='5987591']
Clyde's goal scoring problem returned at the weekend and with Elgin banging in goals recently I can only see an away win for the black and whites.

Clyde 1 Elgin 2

Another great result for Elgin. To come back from a goal behind away from home to win is never easy at any level.

So pleased to see Saint Johnstone' s Mark Durnan hitting the winner too. Posted Image

BTW , Does anyone know if Clyde managed to send any of their scouting staff out to see the young Arsenal BC u19's striker I recommended to the club a few months back?

45 goals last season and wouldn't cost the club a penny.Posted Image

http://www.clubwebsi...rs/view/1325860

Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • Gamertag:scotty1878
CasperJarrot got the score spot on again for 3rd time in 4 games. Can u no start predicting a clyde win?

Wasnt a great game we scored a scrappy goal to take the lead. Kane missed a one no one with the keeper with us one up. Elgin equalised with a free kick about 35 yards out the wind took it but u would be looking for your keeper to save it. They took lead straight after their first goal corner into the box headed home from elgin player at back post. Neill missed a good chance heading straight at the keeper. Ref blew for a foul for clyde which was clearly in the box but only have a free kick.

So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and you're telling me your completely sane?

Garrowhillclyde

Garrowhillclyde

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Welcome 3 points for us there. Hopefully get another 3 on Seterday against Montrose. Anyone confirm the Daniels goal was a free kick from th halfway line or is someone winding me up??

It was a good way out but not half way. Maybe about 40 metres at most. Wind caught it and carried it over the keeper who was well of his line, pretty damn stupid given the gale blowing into him.

Second goal a good goal from an elgin point of view, a shocker from Clyde's. Cross comes in to back post and a low header comes in from a poorly marked elgin player and everyone managed to miss it, as it crossed the line near the back post.

Chris_DK

Chris_DK

ПТН-ПНХ

• Platinum Members
  • 12,907 posts
Elgin certainly looked better second half with the wind, a mistake by Crawford but the wind blew the free kick in. Second goal was a bad one to lose, free run up and header from about 5 yards out.

A close range header and a one on one was all we could muster up in the second half. First half wasn't much better.

David W

David W

The Chosen One

• Gold Members
  • 11,422 posts
How on earth that game ended up with 3 goals I have no idea. Complete garbage from all on the pitch but at least Elgin passed it about from side to side occasionally.

Duffy has done very well since coming in just over a year ago but starting with Hay, Marr and Sweeney in midfield was ridiculous. Four attacking substitutes yet it takes 85 minutes to bring Brown/McDonald on? Half of the team were out on their feet after an hour!

Our goal was from a terrific cross ball by Gray that was bundled into the net by Elgin's defence. Theirs saw Crawford completely mess up an overhit freekick from Moore, followed by a free header at a corner. Ultimately we lost as Kane and Neil didn't take the two sitters presented to them. I'm struggling to remember another clear chance for Elgin? Having got the opening goal (undeservedly), we really should have won the game given the slowness of their build-up and lack of quality out wide.

Regarding the penalty I didn't think it was even a foul but for the referee to say it was outside the box was beyond belief. We're not getting the rub of the green these last few games from the officials.

Man of the match? Probably McQueen, just ahead of Marr who spent a productive hour covering for Sweeney. Brannan needs about 10 seconds to decide what he's going to do with the ball, Gallagher was obviously knackered early in the second half and the loanee made the mistake of trying to pass the ball.

25 years but not forgotten.

#DL GOAL COUNT (v Clyde): 0

CasperJarrot

CasperJarrot

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
[quote name='Jack Burton' timestamp='1329865232' post='5992276']
CasperJarrot got the score spot on again for 3rd time in 4 games. Can u no start predicting a clyde win?

Sorry buddy but it's Alloa at the Rec this Saturday. No can do Posted Image

Alloa Athletic 2 Clyde 0

Clyde4life

Clyde4life

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
Awful, awful game. McQueen by far our only decent performer. Although I will highlight John Neill for putting in a far improved effort in the game than his last two games.
Agree with David W, that the selection was puzzling last night, with Marr probably the best of the three defensive midfielders. Sweeney was appalling last night, Hay picked up another booking, and perhaps on Saturday a midfield paiting in the middle of Neill and Marr may well be a decent shout.

You can forgive Gallacher as he is just returning back from a lengthy lay off.

I dont rate Crawford, never have - we were really spoiled with Mentel, so I suppose we have found an appropriate keepr for our level.

Sharp has perfromed well for us this season, but 4 games in 10 days on heavy pitches look like they are taking their toll on his old legs!

Oliver being completely omitted was another strange one, and I hope he is back for Saturday. Gray was frustrating last night in that he wanted an extra touch in good wide positions all the time. The amount of passing over on the right hand side without going anywhere.

Weather aside, Kane looks to be more effective as an impact sub.

We could get a hiding, but I believe we need to have a go at Alloa on Saturday, or else their style of passing play against a defensive minded approach will just see us lose another game.

The team i would go with would be

McCue
Brown McQueen Gallacher Gray
Oliver Neill Marr Pollack
Brannan McDonald

Subs - Crawford, Sweeney, Kane, Sharp, Hay

There's flexibility on the bench here to cover for perhaps a tiring Brown, and it gives the opportunity to have Kane come on and make an impact.

This is how I would line up
You can take a horse to water, but you cant make a monkey climb a rope with a bell in both hands!

TRAFFIC CONES ARE HYPNOTIC!

Scotland rule!

Scotland rule!

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
When does highlighst normally appear on Clydes website? 2 days after, or?

Sounds like it was a tight contest with few chances - and that a draw would have been more fair, eh?

Cheers!

Pride Of The Clyde

Pride Of The Clyde

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

When does highlighst normally appear on Clydes website? 2 days after, or?

Sounds like it was a tight contest with few chances - and that a draw would have been more fair, eh?

Cheers!

Elgin were the better team and they just about deserved the 3 points although we did create probably the better chances. The young goalie played well and made a few good stops, it is a pity our dodgy keeper couldn't do the same.
MON THE FOG

OldWasp

OldWasp

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • My Team:Alloa Athletic
Strange - Crawford was an excellent keeper when he was with us
Until the philosophy which hold one race

Superior and another inferior

Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned

Everywhere is war, me say war
That until there are no longer first class

And second class citizens of any nation

Until the colour of a man's skin

Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes

Me say war

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 12,260 posts
I think he's good too. No reason to be dropped for one error. Solid goalie at this level and im glad we have him as it looked really worrying when Mentel got injured the day after our then backup keeper got sent packing.

Pride Of The Clyde

Pride Of The Clyde

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

I think he's good too. No reason to be dropped for one error. Solid goalie at this level and im glad we have him as it looked really worrying when Mentel got injured the day after our then backup keeper got sent packing.

I have only seem him in the home games and i have been less than impressed, he is too indecisive and doesn't know when he should and shouldn't come off his line, especially at corners were he is a nightmare.
MON THE FOG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users