Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

New rules

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • My Team:Arbroath
Maybe this has been discussed before, if so, apologies.

I hate moaning footballers. If a decision goes against them then the world had ended. they've got no respect for the ref whether the the decision is right or wrong.

Two rules I think would help make the game better are similar to rugby rules....
Yellow cards turn into ten mins sin bin. Your team is disadvantaged if your offence is worthy.
Secondly, if anyone in the team other than the captain complians to the ref then the free kick/throw in gets moved ten metres further down the pitch.

Surely these additions would not only stop footballers from being moaning twats but also help speed up the game?
If you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody will.

Supras

Supras

Tiago Leifert votes "sim".

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,929 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
Well, uh, why should the captain be complaining?

I do broadly agree with you, they moan about ever straightforward decisions and I think they just wind themself up more than anything. The shtick most refs employ would be you can ask about a decision but excessive moaning, shouting etc. and it will be a caution for dissent. And they are really pushing this through at all levels now.

Say Craig Thomson gives a penalty and is surrounded by opposition players complaining, there is now a 100% chance someone from that team is getting cautioned for protesting. He leads the way in things like this and that's how it should be, if the people at the top stamp it out it will filter down the levels. I've noticed club academies drilling it into their players as well.

I think what you are proposing is a bit excessive but I don't buy the "it's a passionate game" nonsense. Rugby is, presumably, also a passionate game and they manage to keep their head. As does the referee in football, how often do you see them mouthing off during a game? Controlling your emotions is a choice and I have no sympathy for "hot heads" who lose it. Grew up FFS.

I hope I am allowed to comment on this...

Probably several. But that's not really that important - a team is a team. England are a better team than Italy at present. I expect you to feel very disappointed in a couple of weeks.

To be fair supras seems like the irrelevant no more that spends his spare time eating bricks

Atletico are not potential winners of the Champions League in my opinion.They have as much chance as Milan. i.e. none.

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
Anyone is allowed to comment Supras.

I've played both games, though mostly rugby. Once a rugby ref has kicked your butt once or twice you learn not to complain about everything.
Every time I played football a just turned into a typical football player and gave refs dogs abuse with no comeback.

In rugby (in my day) if I had a grievance with the ref I would talk to my team captain and he would ask the ref. if the ref had a grievance with me or any of my team mates, he would talk to the captain who would tell us to get it right or we'd be penalised.

Personally I don't think that's exsessive, I just feel that I couldn't be arsed going along and supporting the team I've been passionate about for 30 years because I can't stand footballers attitudes.

I went to a rugby game instead today between two bitter rivals.... No bullshit on the pitch, no bullshit off it and far more enjoyable than I would have experienced had I gone to see my football team.

ffcsam

ffcsam

TITTIES AND BEER

• Gold Members
  • 11,632 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
I do hate mosning bastads. in fact I am mosning about them .

And confusion running wild

I hold treasures for you to find

Release of tensions unknown

Mind works the fingers to the bone

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

Anyone is allowed to comment Supras.

I've played both games, though mostly rugby. Once a rugby ref has kicked your butt once or twice you learn not to complain about everything.
Every time I played football a just turned into a typical football player and gave refs dogs abuse with no comeback.

It's an inside joke.

All refs are different, but it's changing now, there is no chance they would get away with giving dogs abuse to a ref. Some people think by dodging the issue you are "controlling the game" but that's bollocks you are placating it and it's only going to get worse throughout the game. And if you let it go once but punish it later you are being inconsistent, and it will just get worse again.

Confront it, don't let it escalate. Refs are there to referee the game - not to get abused. Graham Poll wrote how he let Rooney off with a torrent of personal abuse aimed directly at him in front of other players by letting Giggs go and talk to him. This is incredibly shit refereeing, and to be fair to Poll he later admitted it was cowardly pish from his point of view.

You can tell when you watch Rooney, he's a spoilt brat who has been placated by referees throughout his career. He thinks he can get away with anything and he usually can because referees are too scared to challenge him.

In rugby (in my day) if I had a grievance with the ref I would talk to my team captain and he would ask the ref. if the ref had a grievance with me or any of my team mates, he would talk to the captain who would tell us to get it right or we'd be penalised.

Personally I don't think that's exsessive, I just feel that I couldn't be arsed going along and supporting the team I've been passionate about for 30 years because I can't stand footballers attitudes.

I went to a rugby game instead today between two bitter rivals.... No bullshit on the pitch, no bullshit off it and far more enjoyable than I would have experienced had I gone to see my football team.

In many respects you're right, but I don't agree with switching or moving free kicks. Consistent, appropriate punishment, would get away the worst of it. I think getting to the level of rugby is a bit of a pipe dream, attitudes like these are fostered over decades, artificially forcing it into football wouldn't work - it's too ambitious. There was a "respect" campaign a few years ago stating only a captain can speak to the ref - it was given a lot of publicity by the FA but was totally ignored. We should be more realistic in what we can achieve.

The Rooney point brings me onto something else, I am convinced, utterly convinced, that Premiership referees are told explicitly to be less harsh on dissent than they would be instructed by FIFA. Compare the Premiership to the SPL* and the players are far more blatant in their verbal dissent, another poster highlighted how Andy Carroll was allowed to repeatedly shout "f**k off" in, the other impeccable, Michael Olivers face. Any Scottish ref would be absolutely hammered if he allowed that, and yet it seems to be the norm in England. For example, if Rooney had made his challenge against Montenegro in the Premiership he likely wouldn't have got a red - English internationals are undoubtedly favoured by referees, as instructed by their superiors.

*Maybe others, but my knowledge of Spanish and Italian cursing ain't great.

Probably several. But that's not really that important - a team is a team. England are a better team than Italy at present. I expect you to feel very disappointed in a couple of weeks.

To be fair supras seems like the irrelevant no more that spends his spare time eating bricks

Atletico are not potential winners of the Champions League in my opinion.They have as much chance as Milan. i.e. none.

smpar

smpar

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts
  • My Team:Dunfermline

Maybe this has been discussed before, if so, apologies.

I hate moaning footballers. If a decision goes against them then the world had ended. they've got no respect for the ref whether the the decision is right or wrong.

Two rules I think would help make the game better are similar to rugby rules....
Yellow cards turn into ten mins sin bin. Your team is disadvantaged if your offence is worthy.
Secondly, if anyone in the team other than the captain complians to the ref then the free kick/throw in gets moved ten metres further down the pitch.

Surely these additions would not only stop footballers from being moaning twats but also help speed up the game?

I'm maybe being a bit too pedantic here but what if the captain is the 'keeper or even nowhere near the incident in question?

I think everyone has the right to question the ref's decisions because it's physically impossible to just 'accept it and carry on.' I've heard about the 'captain only speaks' proposal before but it has its flaws; it's just not realistic, there's no way that any amount of authority or rules can restrain someone from arguing with the ref, even though they're not the captain.

If a player moans for the sake of it then action should be taken by the officials, however the captain has the most priority to speak to the referee about decisions, other team mates simply have to f**k off and let their skipper talk.

The Pars is like crack cocaine, you know it's not good but you still want a hit.

@seanmacgregorr

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

It's an inside joke.

All refs are different, but it's changing now, there is no chance they would get away with giving dogs abuse to a ref. Some people think by dodging the issue you are "controlling the game" but that's bollocks you are placating it and it's only going to get worse throughout the game. And if you let it go once but punish it later you are being inconsistent, and it will just get worse again.

Confront it, don't let it escalate. Refs are there to referee the game - not to get abused. Graham Poll wrote how he let Rooney off with a torrent of personal abuse aimed directly at him in front of other players by letting Giggs go and talk to him. This is incredibly shit refereeing, and to be fair to Poll he later admitted it was cowardly pish from his point of view.

You can tell when you watch Rooney, he's a spoilt brat who has been placated by referees throughout his career. He thinks he can get away with anything and he usually can because referees are too scared to challenge him.

In many respects you're right, but I don't agree with switching or moving free kicks. Consistent, appropriate punishment, would get away the worst of it. I think getting to the level of rugby is a bit of a pipe dream, attitudes like these are fostered over decades, artificially forcing it into football wouldn't work - it's too ambitious. There was a "respect" campaign a few years ago stating only a captain can speak to the ref - it was given a lot of publicity by the FA but was totally ignored. We should be more realistic in what we can achieve.

The Rooney point brings me onto something else, I am convinced, utterly convinced, that Premiership referees are told explicitly to be less harsh on dissent than they would be instructed by FIFA. Compare the Premiership to the SPL* and the players are far more blatant in their verbal dissent, another poster highlighted how Andy Carroll was allowed to repeatedly shout "f**k off" in, the other impeccable, Michael Olivers face. Any Scottish ref would be absolutely hammered if he allowed that, and yet it seems to be the norm in England. For example, if Rooney had made his challenge against Montenegro in the Premiership he likely wouldn't have got a red - English internationals are undoubtedly favoured by referees, as instructed by their superiors.

*Maybe others, but my knowledge of Spanish and Italian cursing ain't great.

Thanks for the reply.
For what it's worth I think forcing rules such as these on football would have an instant effect.
The respect agenda failed simply because it wasnt enforced.
Take two of the recent 6 nations games.... Wales v Ireland had some match changing decisions in it, some of which I and many other fans disagreed with. Refs are human and make decisions on what they can see.... The decisions were respected by the players.
Scotland v Wales..... We had two players sin binned which effectively lost us the game. Both players deserved to be penalised and their team was disadvantaged because of it.

Rules have to be harsher.... I'm a teacher, kids can get away with murder these days because the rules are so relaxed. Footballs our national sport, bring some respect back into our game and maybe it'll have a positive influence on the youngsters that are so influenced by it.

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I'm maybe being a bit too pedantic here but what if the captain is the 'keeper or even nowhere near the incident in question?

I think everyone has the right to question the ref's decisions because it's physically impossible to just 'accept it and carry on.' I've heard about the 'captain only speaks' proposal before but it has its flaws; it's just not realistic, there's no way that any amount of authority or rules can restrain someone from arguing with the ref, even though they're not the captain.

If a player moans for the sake of it then action should be taken by the officials, however the captain has the most priority to speak to the referee about decisions, other team mates simply have to f**k off and let their skipper talk.

I don't think it matters whether the captain see's the incident or not. If I have a problem I talk to the captain and he asks the ref. saves the ref being crowded by a dozen players which, lets face it, is a joke.
Accept it and carry on is exactly what's expected on the rugby field, why is that not possible on a football pitch?
If a ref misses something he's human... Or if he see's something in a different way from you he's entitled to his opinion.

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

What the f**k? No it isn't Posted Image

Many, if not most, players will accept what they perceive to be bad decision without giving dissent. It's a vocal minority that stick in the memory.

Cautions for excessive arguing will stop it, and if it doesn't, who cares? The player is off the pitch.

I've always maintained, referees don't really make decisions on dissent. They set their stall out, sure, and they communicate it but after that it is the players who make the decision. If I caution someone for telling me to "f**k off" and then three other players do it and I end up with 4 cautions for dissent is it my fault? Er, no, the players are just stupid as f**k and deserve everything they get.

Rules have to be harsher.... I'm a teacher, kids can get away with murder these days because the rules are so relaxed. Footballs our national sport, bring some respect back into our game and maybe it'll have a positive influence on the youngsters that are so influenced by it.

I don't think it is right to put such expectation on football. If you watch the TV show "Coppers" then you realise respect for figures of authority is pretty much non existant now. It's not the fault of the police, teachers or referees. It is just what society is now.

smpar

smpar

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • 4,327 posts

I don't think it matters whether the captain see's the incident or not. If I have a problem I talk to the captain and he asks the ref. saves the ref being crowded by a dozen players which, lets face it, is a joke.
Accept it and carry on is exactly what's expected on the rugby field, why is that not possible on a football pitch?
If a ref misses something he's human... Or if he see's something in a different way from you he's entitled to his opinion.

Many, if not most, players will accept what they perceive to be bad decision without giving dissent. It's a vocal minority that stick in the memory.

Cautions for excessive arguing will stop it, and if it doesn't, who cares? The player is off the pitch.

I've always maintained, referees don't really make decisions on dissent. They set their stall out, sure, and they communicate it but after that it is the players who make the decision. If I caution someone for telling me to "f**k off" and then three other players do it and I end up with 4 cautions for dissent is it my fault? Er, no, the players are just stupid as f**k and deserve everything they get.

I don't think it is right to put such expectation on football. If you watch the TV show "Coppers" then you realise respect for figures of authority is pretty much non existant now. It's not the fault of the police, teachers or referees. It is just what society is now.

By half time in my game last week, our players were giving the ref some stick over his shite decisions so we got a bollocking at half time. And, even after that telling off at half time, I found it incredibly difficult to just walk away after a shite decision, sometimes you just have to say something to the ref although you know fine well that he won't change his mind.

The Pars is like crack cocaine, you know it's not good but you still want a hit.

@seanmacgregorr

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I'm more than well aware that respect is lacking.... I'm also aware that footballers influence our young far more than you realise. Therefore I do think that expectations should be raised..... Would you want a child of yours looking up to and admiring the behaviour of Wayne Rooney?
I work with kids from rugby influenced schools and football influenced schools, there is no difference in the affluence of said schools..... I know which kids is rather work with.

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

By half time in my game last week, our players were giving the ref some stick over his shite decisions so we got a bollocking at half time. And, even after that telling off at half time, I found it incredibly difficult to just walk away after a shite decision, sometimes you just have to say something to the ref although you know fine well that he won't change his mind.

If I was you ref smpar, you'd be sin binned, maybe the following week you'd think twice?

smpar

smpar

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • 4,327 posts

If I was you ref smpar, you'd be sin binned, maybe the following week you'd think twice?

I can guarantee you're not nearly as much of a c**t as the ref I had last week. The worst I've had for a very long time.

@seanmacgregorr

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

I can guarantee you're not nearly as much of a c**t as the ref I had last week. The worst I've had for a very long time.

I can guarantee you'd have give him a lot less hassle had you been on rugby pitch.
I've had refs in both football and rugby that have been pedantic twats..... I know which ones I've given dogs abuse and which ones I've left alone.

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

That's something wrong with you I'm afraid, you are the vocal minority.

You've got nobody to blame but yourself if you end up with dissent cautions, sending offs as a result of it. You need to learn to control yourself; losing your temper with the referee is going to get you no where.

Cowardly referees who placate such behaviour only make things worse. Players who don't heed appropriate warnings deserve all they get.

itzdrk

itzdrk

Smell yer maw if ye vote naw

• Gold Members
  • 17,970 posts
  • My Team:Ayr United
  • Gamertag:ReviewingFanny
my main problem with players complaining to the ref is when the ref hasn't blown his whistle and a player just stops and protests, ive always said i don't have a major problem with players making their feelings known within reason to the ref

the idea of making football cards like rugby cards is a joke, players pick up "clever" yellow cards in the last 10/15 mins of a game stopping folk on the break, what you are suggesting is a red card without suspension basically

another note in respect to cards allot of penalties now don't seem to warrant cards, i find this utterly bizarre

there is only one rule from rugby that football should ever look at and thats the blood sub rule but bring it in as an injury rule only after all 3 subs have been used instead of the rare event when teams have to finish the game with 10 men because they have used their subs for whatever reason

If there’s one great day, if there’s one great height,

Let it be the time of peace,

Let it be the time of right

ayr_united.jpg

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

another note in respect to cards allot of penalties now don't seem to warrant cards, i find this utterly bizarre

Why would a penalty automatically led to a caution?

smpar

smpar

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • 4,327 posts

That's something wrong with you I'm afraid, you are the vocal minority.

You've got nobody to blame but yourself if you end up with dissent cautions, sending offs as a result of it. You need to learn to control yourself; losing your temper with the referee is going to get you no where.

Cowardly referees who placate such behaviour only make things worse. Players who don't heed appropriate warnings deserve all they get.

I've been playing for about 8 years and I've only ever had 1 yellow card, and that was for handball. There's nothing wrong with my anger, but the referee I had last week was particularly bad and it was just too difficult to not say anything to him.

I spoke to a few of the oppositions' players, and they were all totally baffled over some decisions that were made, it was a shocking display.

@seanmacgregorr

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

I've been playing for about 8 years and I've only ever had 1 yellow card, and that was for handball. There's nothing wrong with my anger, but the referee I had last week was particularly bad and it was just too difficult to not say anything to him.

I spoke to a few of the oppositions' players, and they were all totally baffled over some decisions that were made, it was a shocking display.

If he let players continue giving dissent after a warning without doing anything about it, then yeah it is a shocking display.

But your rationale that because a referee is having a bad game you should be allowed to abuse them/question their correct decisions don't wash I'm afraid. You'll only be making it harder for him, and it's not as if you are going to change ref mid game.

itzdrk

itzdrk

• Gold Members
  • 17,970 posts

I can guarantee you'd have give him a lot less hassle had you been on rugby pitch.

what an utterly bizzare statement to make

ayr_united.jpg

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

the idea of making football cards like rugby cards is a joke, players pick up "clever" yellow cards in the last 10/15 mins of a game stopping folk on the break, what you are suggesting is a red card without suspension basically

You completely undermine the whole point with this argument. Essentially you're saying it's fine to break the rules without punishment?

A foul whether "clever" or not and whether in the first ten mins or last ten mins of the game is still a foul.

Footballers should be hammered for breaking the rules, then maybe they wouldn't be such wankers on the pitch!?

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

what an utterly bizzare statement to make

Why is that bizzare? You'd have been punished more severely therefore less likely to do the same in the following games. Seems perfectly sensible to me.

smpar

smpar

International Captain

• Gold Members
  • 4,327 posts

If he let players continue giving dissent after a warning without doing anything about it, then yeah it is a shocking display.

But your rationale that because a referee is having a bad game you should be allowed to abuse them/question their correct decisions don't wash I'm afraid. You'll only be making it harder for him, and it's not as if you are going to change ref mid game.

It's become apparent to me that you're not going to reason with me at all so nighty-nightums gorgeous speak soon xx

@seanmacgregorr

itzdrk

itzdrk

• Gold Members
  • 17,970 posts

You completely undermine the whole point with this argument. Essentially you're saying it's fine to break the rules without punishment?

A foul whether "clever" or not and whether in the first ten mins or last ten mins of the game is still a foul.

Footballers should be hammered for breaking the rules, then maybe they wouldn't be such wankers on the pitch!?

1, a yellow card IS punishment, just because you dont lose a man doesnt mean it isnt, it leads to suspensions down the line/ a player has to be more carefull with his tackles from that point on

2, in a game which a straight red card carries a 3 game ban , why would a ref want to even use this 10 minuites of nonsense,surely a straight red player sits out remainder of the game + the following 3 is going to send a much stronger message...temporary madness for sanity's sake

dont change the card system it works just tweak a rule and punish refs found to not be enforcing it
use video evidence to also punish the players

simples

ayr_united.jpg

itzdrk

itzdrk

• Gold Members
  • 17,970 posts

Why would a penalty automatically led to a caution?

well they are mainly deniying goalscoring oppertunities which outwith the box appears to be a red card

im not complaining about one specific incident because we had many like it the season before, but to use it as an example, wednesday night darren dodds handball in the box, no caution
now bearing in mind an outfield football player isnt supposed to use his hands , and the referee only gives the pen should he believe it to be deliberate yet this instance & most last season went un-cautioned

there are times when no card is acceptable but most of the time there should be a card

ayr_united.jpg

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

1, a yellow card IS punishment, just because you dont lose a man doesnt mean it isnt, it leads to suspensions down the line/ a player has to be more carefull with his tackles from that point on

2, in a game which a straight red card carries a 3 game ban , why would a ref want to even use this 10 minuites of nonsense,surely a straight red player sits out remainder of the game + the following 3 is going to send a much stronger message...temporary madness for sanity's sake

dont change the card system it works just tweak a rule and punish refs found to not be enforcing it
use video evidence to also punish the players

simples

I'm not sure you get what it is I'd like to see out of our game.
Yes a yellow card is a punishment but I'd rather it was immediate and harsher, hence ten mins sin bin.
Nothing in the card system would change apart from this one rule. Not only would your team be disadvantaged further down the line but they are also immediately disadvantaged because you broke the rules in some way or other.

What annoys me most in football is petulant little idiots that harass referees, shout for every decision (corners, throw in's etc etc) even though the decision is obvious and players who go down like they've been shot at the slightest touch. (actually i think I may have stumbled upon something there, snipers to shoot players behaving like p***ks!)
Video evidence is a useful tool but only realistic in the higher divisions.

Tougher rules required otherwise football is going to lose fans that can't be arsed watching overpaid clowns behaving like spoilt children every week, especially when money is becoming scarce in our pockets.

Supras

Supras

• Gold Members
  • 19,929 posts

It's become apparent to me that you're not going to reason with me at all so nighty-nightums gorgeous speak soon xx

Do you think shouting abuse at a referee will improve his performance?

well they are mainly deniying goalscoring oppertunities which outwith the box appears to be a red card

im not complaining about one specific incident because we had many like it the season before, but to use it as an example, wednesday night darren dodds handball in the box, no caution
now bearing in mind an outfield football player isnt supposed to use his hands , and the referee only gives the pen should he believe it to be deliberate yet this instance & most last season went un-cautioned

there are times when no card is acceptable but most of the time there should be a card

Well, what if they aren't? What if it is a careless foul in the box? It's not in the caution, in that case.

Not every handball decision has to led to a caution.

There should be a card if the foul merits a card, whether or not you have given a penalty isn't really relevant.

itzdrk

itzdrk

• Gold Members
  • 17,970 posts

I'm not sure you get what it is I'd like to see out of our game.
Yes a yellow card is a punishment but I'd rather it was immediate and harsher, hence ten mins sin bin.
Nothing in the card system would change apart from this one rule. Not only would your team be disadvantaged further down the line but they are also immediately disadvantaged because you broke the rules in some way or other.

What annoys me most in football is petulant little idiots that harass referees, shout for every decision (corners, throw in's etc etc) even though the decision is obvious and players who go down like they've been shot at the slightest touch. (actually i think I may have stumbled upon something there, snipers to shoot players behaving like p***ks!)
Video evidence is a useful tool but only realistic in the higher divisions.

Tougher rules required otherwise football is going to lose fans that can't be arsed watching overpaid clowns behaving like spoilt children every week, especially when money is becoming scarce in our pockets.

you didnt bother reading point 2...

the whole idea of the sin bin is a farce anyways if someone has done something bad enough that has forced them to be removed from the pitch then they should remain there
they use a sin bin in ice hockey and the players take out their anguish at the ref on their opponenets which leads to fighting, same with rugby
you see regular wee fights between players in these games

its very rare in football and tends to only happen after a very bad foul in football

all in all if the ref wants respect he should be asking the player to leave for the entirity of the game

if the quality of play is there most people couldnt care less about players showing passion

Edited by itzdrk, 19 February 2012 - 17:40.

ayr_united.jpg

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Puntastic

• Gold Members
  • 25,664 posts
  • My Team:Stirling Albion
Moaning players are here to stay.

Why? Because on a rare occasion referees do change their minds and resultantly their decision (most frequently after being "bullied" into checking with one of their Assistants. The Assistant should have already drawn his referee's attention to his incorrect decision but in my experience most referees tell their Assistants not to get involved unless they ask for advice, on the premise it will avoid making them look stupid.

PS smpar - I'd yellow card you without hesitation the first time you stepped over the mark and if your motor mouth still couldn't engage neutral, I'd send you on your way with a second. Players like you frequently lead to an otherwise decent game degenerating to a level more befitting of a kindergarten playground.
I have failed time and time in my life and that is why I succeed.

b ross

b ross

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

you didnt bother reading point 2...

the whole idea of the sin bin is a farce anyways if someone has done something bad enough that has forced them to be removed from the pitch then they should remain there
they use a sin bin in ice hockey and the players take out their anguish at the ref on their opponenets which leads to fighting, same with rugby
you see regular wee fights between players in these games

its very rare in football and tends to only happen after a very bad foul in football

all in all if the ref wants respect he should be asking the player to leave for the entirity of the game

if the quality of play is there most people couldnt care less about players showing passion

I did read point two, I suggested no other change to the card system.

I fear however that you are still missing my point. Sin binning is not removing someone for a red card offence, it's removing them for stupid fouling/petulant behavipur etc etc......a yellow card offence!
Harsher punishment for the niggly little fouls, in my opinion, would help stamp them out of the game.
Anyhow, it's clear we'll never agree on this so I'm ducking out now.... Thanks for the joust!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users