Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Ross County v Greenock Morton - Tuesday 21st Feb

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

TonMan

TonMan

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton
Going to be a very tough game for us. Always is whenever we go up to Dingwall. I'd happily take a bore 0-0 draw in this one and I've got a feeling we'll get it.

TONTROOPER

TONTROOPER

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Going to be a very tough game for us. Always is whenever we go up to Dingwall. I'd happily take a bore 0-0 draw in this one and I've got a feeling we'll get it.

Welcome to P&B TonMan...hope you've got a thick skin...you'll need it on here!

' THE PAIR O' YEEZ UR STAWNIN' ABOOT LIKE THE 3 STOOGES ' 

forzamorton

forzamorton

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

This i'll be the same utterly shite Ayr that haven't been beaten over 90 minutes since 2nd January !

And the team that beat them on January 2nd...Morton. Posted Image

D.A.C.

TonMan

TonMan

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Welcome to P&B TonMan...hope you've got a thick skin...you'll need it on here!

Ha ha. Thanks mate. I've been reading the forum for a while and know what you mean. Us Morton fans seem to come in for a lot of stick around here.

forzamorton

forzamorton

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,723 posts

Ha ha. Thanks mate. I've been reading the forum for a while and know what you mean. Us Morton fans seem to come in for a lot of stick around here.

Their all just jealous. They all want to be like the famous Greenock Morton...Posted Image

D.A.C.

TonMan

TonMan

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Their all just jealous. They all want to be like the famous Greenock Morton...Posted Image

Aye of course.Posted Image

Spain

Spain

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts
  • My Team:Ross County
Draw away to both QotS and Raith? Kind of acceptable.

Draw at home to Ayr? Unacceptable, therefore Adams administers a bollocking to the team, they come out fired up and out to prove a point tomorrow, and as such duly administer a thumping of Morton as a response.

County 4 - Morton 0

(I'm trying to regain my possitive mental attitude for the run-in) :ph34r:

"I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in bees!"

203487_418170884919942_1542661258_q.jpg

Spain

Spain

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 6,077 posts
Also, hopefully playing:

Fraser
Miller Boyd Munro Morrison
Brittain Lawson Vigurs Quinn
Gardyne
McMenamin

With subs: Malin, Cooper, Corcoran, Morrow, Byrne.

yoda

yoda

A Team Of Kettlewells

• Gold Members
  • 14,974 posts
Colin Stewart to throw a couple in.

I'm actually gutted that I can't make this.

#AnyoneButButcherCooperLennonShielsSmithWilsonAndAnyoneElseWhoIsntKluivertLoberaOrMurray

vikingTON

vikingTON

Not arrogant, just better

• Gold Members
  • 52,683 posts

This i'll be the same utterly shite Ayr that haven't been beaten over 90 minutes since 2nd January !

Since the last time we gave them their routine bitch-slapping.

Point would be an excellent result tomorrow, but all the incentives are there for Ross County to win: a response from Saturday and at least one of the other 'contenders' being knocked out of the chase in the other match of interest. We're going to have a lot of these games in the run-in where our opponents have something to play for and it will be interesting to see how we respond. Our away performances have been much improved this season, but Saturday's back four looked so vulnerable.

The Most Influential Poster in P&B History.

Just let that sink in.

bunglebonce

bunglebonce

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • 3,233 posts
  • Gamertag:PSN: erniewhatbert

Fraser
Miller Boyd Munro Morrison
Brittain Lawson Vigurs Quinn
Gardyne
McMenamin

With subs: Malin, Cooper, Corcoran, Morrow, Byrne.

1) I'd swap Quinn and Vigurs around there, to get as close to the 'winning formula' as possible. Vigurs might have been a little out of sorts on Saturday, but he was still taking up very good attacking positions. Nevertheless, I think he's most effective by drifting in off the flank and provides better defensive cover for Morrison than anyone else.

2) We all know Craig is either going to be ahead of Gardyne, or on the bench at least.

3) A wee stat for our vT: the quartet of Brittain-Lawson-Kettlewell-Vigurs is unbeaten in the league since February, 2010. It's a shame we won't see Kettlewell again until Dundee this Saturday, at the earliest.

Edited by bunglebonce, 20 February 2012 - 17:00.

Spain

Spain

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 6,077 posts
I'm not sure why I put Quinn out wide, I meant to have Vigurs.

You're right that Craig will no doubt be shoe-horned in there somewhere, but that was my "hopeful" team. Although in saying that, Adams has admitted we were missing something up-front and it was unlike him to sub Craig so early on. I think (and hope) Craig will only find himself on the bench tomorrow.

Edit: That and I did mention my "We haven't won a league game this season if Steven Craig has started the match" stat to a number of current & ex directors :ph34r:

Edited by Spain, 20 February 2012 - 18:11.

cornbeef

cornbeef

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
Not up to speed with Gardyne- is he in the doghouse due to him moving ? He usually does quite well against us so I hope that vindictive wee arse of a manager of yours continues with this train of thought. Going against all rational thinking - I feel that that we might get a point at least from this one. ( Even though I share VT's concern about our swashbuckling approach to defending )

forzamorton

forzamorton

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,723 posts

Stewart

O'Ware Weatherson Evans Forsyth

Bachirou

O'Brien Tidser Young (If fit)

MacDonald Campbell

Played this sort of formation for the last couple of weeks and seems to be promising.

My main worry, as it seems to always be, is in defence. Weatherson had a decent game against Hamilton but was beaten for pace numerous times on Saturday against Partick.

O'Ware is good at intercepting the ball but his final ball is piss poor but he is still learning.

Ross Forsyth.....Posted Image

D.A.C.

bunglebonce

bunglebonce

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • 3,233 posts
Are Morton back to putting men on the posts at corners yet? Ayr prevented two goals by this on Saturday.

cornbeef

cornbeef

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Are Morton back to putting men on the posts at corners yet? Ayr prevented two goals by this on Saturday.

No, we play a version of 'nearies' - whoever happens to be nearest the ball/post makes a heroic breenge to prevent the opposition scoring. Hope you can fit this into the tactical template for the 'ton.

bubs

bubs

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

No, we play a version of 'nearies' - whoever happens to be nearest the ball/post makes a heroic breenge to prevent the opposition scoring. Hope you can fit this into the tactical template for the 'ton.

Sounds a bit like first back first save! Possibly still a better idea than Stewart mind you public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

dingdong1929

dingdong1929

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Not up to speed with Gardyne- is he in the doghouse due to him moving ? He usually does quite well against us so I hope that vindictive wee arse of a manager of yours continues with this train of thought. Going against all rational thinking - I feel that that we might get a point at least from this one. ( Even though I share VT's concern about our swashbuckling approach to defending )

Allegedly, Gardyne was upset being subbed against LIvi, so he said some things he shouldn't at training. Not sure exactly what, apparently he was in a huff so was being a WUM and gave it billy bigballs slagging the club. If true, was just said to push Adams buttons as Midge is a wee bit gallus! That might not be what he said though. Regardless, he got right under Adams skin, who was raging. Gardyne later apologised and they "kissed and made up", but Adams dropped him to; 1- make an example of him for being a dick, which was fair enough if some of the rumours of what he said are true, and 2 - rotate the squad and change the system for St Mirren game, where we played wingers instead of the free man in the hole (Gardyne). The guys that came in played well so they kept their place as is fair. He's started one and come on as sub in one since then.

To be fair to Adams, I would never call him vindictive at all, even with Higgins twisting events and bitching to the press he was still playing for us and offered a new contract. A new contract which Dundee blew out of the water with stupid pretend money, so he left. Adams is very loyal to his players and will always pick the players he thinks best for the team Posted Image.
Unfortunately he often thinks Steven Craig out wide, or ahead of Gardyne, is best for the team... he also gets a bit angry and gets himself in trouble. Posted Image

We draw with everybody just now, 5 of our last 6 league games have been draws. I fancy yet another fucking draw. So we'll probably get beat now

Edited by dingdong1929, 20 February 2012 - 20:08.

mortonbouncy

mortonbouncy

Third Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Stewart

O'Ware Weatherson Evans Forsyth

Bachirou

O'Brien Tidser Young (If fit)

MacDonald Campbell

Played this sort of formation for the last couple of weeks and seems to be promising.

My main worry, as it seems to always be, is in defence. Weatherson had a decent game against Hamilton but was beaten for pace numerous times on Saturday against Partick.

O'Ware is good at intercepting the ball but his final ball is piss poor but he is still learning.

Ross Forsyth.....Posted Image

I know what you mean here, and I'm all for promoting and encouraging the younger players, but the other side of the argument is that he has hopefully been passing the ball out of defence since his youth football days and really should be more accomplished at finding a team-mate with the ball.

Meanwhile, pleasing that Weatherson has been influential in steadying the defence past 3 games, along with Stewart.

Wee Fred should take our pen tomorrow night, which will hopefully result in 3 away points to blow the league open if Falkirk win their game.

cornbeef

cornbeef

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Allegedly, Gardyne was upset being subbed against LIvi, so he said some things he shouldn't at training. Not sure exactly what, apparently he was in a huff so was being a WUM and gave it billy bigballs slagging the club. If true, was just said to push Adams buttons as Midge is a wee bit gallus! That might not be what he said though. Regardless, he got right under Adams skin, who was raging. Gardyne later apologised and they "kissed and made up", but Adams dropped him to; 1- make an example of him for being a dick, which was fair enough if some of the rumours of what he said are true, and 2 - rotate the squad and change the system for St Mirren game, where we played wingers instead of the free man in the hole (Gardyne). The guys that came in played well so they kept their place as is fair. He's started one and come on as sub in one since then.

To be fair to Adams, I would never call him vindictive at all, even with Higgins twisting events and bitching to the press he was still playing for us and offered a new contract. A new contract which Dundee blew out of the water with stupid pretend money, so he left. Adams is very loyal to his players and will always pick the players he thinks best for the team Posted Image.
Unfortunately he often thinks Steven Craig out wide, or ahead of Gardyne, is best for the team... he also gets a bit angry and gets himself in trouble. Posted Image

We draw with everybody just now, 5 of our last 6 league games have been draws. I fancy yet another fucking draw. So we'll probably get beat now

Cheers for the info. I may be out of order calling him a vindictive wee arse. I'm prepared to remove and apologise for the vindictive bit. I think the draw might be on the cards right enough and we would be the happier of the two teams at that.

dingdong1929

dingdong1929

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Cheers for the info. I may be out of order calling him a vindictive wee arse. I'm prepared to remove and apologise for the vindictive bit. I think the draw might be on the cards right enough and we would be the happier of the two teams at that.

I knew you were going to say that Posted Image

Aye, you guys would probably be happier with the draw. But to be honest, I'd be disappointed because we need the win, not because I expect one. We're playing well but not killing teams off, stereotypical County problem.

dingdong1929

dingdong1929

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

1) I'd swap Quinn and Vigurs around there, to get as close to the 'winning formula' as possible. Vigurs might have been a little out of sorts on Saturday, but he was still taking up very good attacking positions. Nevertheless, I think he's most effective by drifting in off the flank and provides better defensive cover for Morrison than anyone else.

2) We all know Craig is either going to be ahead of Gardyne, or on the bench at least.

3) A wee stat for our vT: the quartet of Brittain-Lawson-Kettlewell-Vigurs is unbeaten in the league since February, 2010. It's a shame we won't see Kettlewell again until Dundee this Saturday, at the earliest.

Did not know that! The man crush grows. On 4 men... I'm quite the groupy.

forzamorton

forzamorton

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,723 posts

I know what you mean here, and I'm all for promoting and encouraging the younger players, but the other side of the argument is that he has hopefully been passing the ball out of defence since his youth football days and really should be more accomplished at finding a team-mate with the ball.

Meanwhile, pleasing that Weatherson has been influential in steadying the defence past 3 games, along with Stewart.

Wee Fred should take our pen tomorrow night, which will hopefully result in 3 away points to blow the league open if Falkirk win their game.

Firstly, we aren't guaranteed to have a penalty. Secondly, why on earth would Wee Fred take our penalty? Don't get me wrong, I would love him to score his first goal but he is not a penalty taker. I would have around 6 players that would take a penalty ahead of him.

D.A.C.

bunglebonce

bunglebonce

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • 3,233 posts

Did not know that! The man crush grows. On 4 men... I'm quite the groupy.

Granted, they only started together once in the league in the 10/11 season. That once was a 2-0 win away to Stirling, which doesn't sound like much, but ended a run of 6 games away from home without a win (after Adams left, incidentally). Remember how badly County were at times last season.

The next away game, the immediate mid-week fixture afterwards, County lost 2-1 away to Cowdenbeath in dreadful conditions. Vigurs was dropped for that, despite scoring against Stirling. The amount of dicking about with the midfield, by all three managers that season, is incredible.

Edited by bunglebonce, 20 February 2012 - 21:22.

dingdong1929

dingdong1929

First Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Granted, they only started together once in the league in the 10/11 season. That once was a 2-0 win away to Stirling, which doesn't sound like much, but ended a run of 6 games away from home without a win (after Adams left, incidentally). Remember how badly County were at times last season.

The next away game, the immediate mid-week fixture afterwards, County lost 2-1 away to Cowdenbeath in dreadful conditions. Vigurs was dropped for that, despite scoring against Stirling. The amount of dicking about with the midfield, by all three managers that season, is incredible.

Didnt appreciate it was only once in that season, rather takes away from the achievement Posted Image
Unfortunately, I remember the rest. All too well. Was only the last wee while under Jimmy that we seemed to settle, which meant Aug-March was just horrendous.

bunglebonce

bunglebonce

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • 3,233 posts

Didnt appreciate it was only once in that season, rather takes away from the achievement Posted Image
Unfortunately, I remember the rest. All too well. Was only the last wee while under Jimmy that we seemed to settle, which meant Aug-March was just horrendous.

It took him nearly half the season to realise what was close to his strongest team. It took until the very last game of the season for me to be happy with the balance of the team.

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Bigmouth Strikes Again

No voters are cowards and traitors.

• Gold Members
  • 11,348 posts
  • My Team:Dundee
Can these west coast minnows do us a favour here?.............I don't think so.....home win.:(

f**k off Biggie, you're not invited.

forzamorton

forzamorton

SPL Superstar

• Gold Members
  • 3,723 posts

Can these west coast minnows do us a favour here?.............I don't think so.....home win.:(

No worries, we have a good record against the 'big boys' (yourselves and County) away from home this season. Don't you remember?

D.A.C.

Les Westander of County

Les Westander of County

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
County crowd to be more supportive and animated for the team. Morton crowd to still out-sing us.

County to win by one goal.
Steven Craig to score Posted Image and confound the haters who don't understand the work he does.

Y5-6eQ-3kz2s.jpg     Scottish Premiership Time     8)  

vikingTON

vikingTON

Not arrogant, just better

• Gold Members
  • 52,683 posts
Yes, if it weren't for us taking six easy points from Dense then Dundee could have had a meaningful game this week. And had we managed to score from twelve yards at some point last week then we too might have had something to at least keep an eye on.

I'd consider resting Tidser for this one actually. He looked out of sorts and not entirely fit on Saturday, and 90 minutes on a surface akin to Ypres (the bits they don't put on the postcard) won't have helped. I'd rather we gain a more than evens chance of pumping the 'Ammies on Saturday, rather than have our best players tired and possibly not winning either game.

Edited by vikingTON, 20 February 2012 - 23:56.

The Most Influential Poster in P&B History.

Just let that sink in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users