The 'Sauchie Juniors' Thread

Supermiller

yous must have a huge wage bill...your manager phoned us last year just before he signed Winters and told us what he was asking for and he signed few days later.More than 3 times the avaerage wage of a Pollok Player.

Why would he randomly phone Pollok to tell you that he was signing a player?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irvine Meadow were in for him also and he asked us what the average wage was in the west...it was pretty Random but the figures that were mentioned were big.It was the manager he phoned....i was assistant at the time.

Irvine Meadow were in for him also and he asked us what the average wage was in the west...it was pretty Random but the figures that were mentioned were big.It was the manager he phoned....i was assistant at the time.

Ah i see that makes sense. I did hear Winters got a tasty package but never had it confirmed. I can't imagine it's because of money we are shipping him out though.

yous must have a huge wage bill...your manager phoned us last year just before he signed Winters and told us what he was asking for and he signed few days later.More than 3 times the avaerage wage of a Pollok Player.

Doc , sauchies over all wage bill won't be anywhere near as large as the big guns are paying in the west.

There will be some players on decent money but other guys will bring the average right down.

I dont know mate,i heard they paid very decent wages. you may be right but i would hazzard a guess that them,bo ness and linlithgow will pay more than the average team in the West.Winters,Samual and Halliwell wont be there for nowt!!

I dont know mate,i heard they paid very decent wages. you may be right but i would hazzard a guess that them,bo ness and linlithgow will pay more than the average team in the West.Winters,Samual and Halliwell wont be there for nowt!!

3 very good players without a doubt and I think halliwell being there initially was the catalyst for the other two signing for sauchie as Bryn halliwell knew them from his time playing senior football.

3 very good players without a doubt and I think halliwell being there initially was the catalyst for the other two signing for sauchie as Bryn halliwell knew them from his time playing senior football.

Correct, Bryn is our scout as well as goalkeeper.

Just spoke to one of the players and he says the manager has been asked to make cuts and the club will re group and re build. A bold move by the club. Seemingly manager was going to walk but club have asked him to stay. It's not been that bad a year so far. Hope the club can get things sorted out soon and finish this season on a high.

On the Winters thing, I don't know how much they're paying him, but I'd suggest they'll get better value for money elsewhere.

Watching him at the recent cup tie at Carmuirs, I don't think he got by either full back all game. To such an extent that at one point, the RB was on his backside & he STILL couldn't get past him.

On the Winters thing, I don't know how much they're paying him, but I'd suggest they'll get better value for money elsewhere.

Watching him at the recent cup tie at Carmuirs, I don't think he got by either full back all game. To such an extent that at one point, the RB was on his backside & he STILL couldn't get past him.

He still scored twice though lol

Winters played for us in a friendly as a trialist at the beginning of the season ( 2-0 win against Linlithgow IIRC ). Seemed decent enough, Meadow offered him a deal but he turned it down. That's the last we heard of him.

Archived