The 'Sauchie Juniors' Thread

Supermiller

A big thanks to Noel and all the pleasant folk I spoke to today. It was a really good game despite the wind and maybe the turning point was the Star keepers save from Winters minutes before the visitors took the lead.

Can only see a bright future for both teams.

Hope the lad Gillon recovers from his leg injury.

Aye it was possibley the turning point in the game , but we've no complaints .

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too sure what happened with the sending off but from looking at it on the video it seems the lad Gillon is having a go at Jackson for helping him off by carrying the stretcher?? Trying to get some clarification on it as obviously more happened than the video happened to catch.

any reason you did not do the game at St Andrews when Samuel made his debut Sauchie Web ?

I was away on holiday for that one. It would be great if I could get someone to record the games which I can't make, but I have not found anyone yet. At least that way I would be able to see those matches as well.

I was away on holiday for that one. It would be great if I could get someone to record the games which I can't make, but I have not found anyone yet. At least that way I would be able to see those matches as well.

Ill take your place on holiday and you can continue doing the games :lol:

Thanks to Beith for inviting us into their bar on Saturday pre match.

Our club are looking forward to hosting the sauchie players , management , committee & fans on Saturday.

Everyone at sauchie proved to be a right good bunch of people last year and it should be a good match and an all round good day for everyone concerned.

Obviously we all hope that there are no concerns weather wise regarding the game although it was very frosty this morning but either way I'm more than happy to post any updates on here in the build up to the game.

Our club are looking forward to hosting the sauchie players , management , committee & fans on Saturday. Everyone at sauchie proved to be a right good bunch of people last year and it should be a good match and an all round good day for everyone concerned. Obviously we all hope that there are no concerns weather wise regarding the game although it was very frosty this morning but either way I'm more than happy to post any updates on here in the build up to the game.

Perfect thanks.

Good morning folks.

Just a wee update regarding the state of play weather wise down in beith this morning.

There was a decent bit of frost this morning and the grass has got a bit of a top level crust on it at the moment.

However here's hoping that the temperature will rise towards the weekend and that the game won't be in danger.

I will be down at our ground tomorrow for a good part of the day and will keep people updated more on how our pitch is looking then.

Good morning folks. Just a wee update regarding the state of play weather wise down in beith this morning. There was a decent bit of frost this morning and the grass has got a bit of a top level crust on it at the moment. However here's hoping that the temperature will rise towards the weekend and that the game won't be in danger. I will be down at our ground tomorrow for a good part of the day and will keep people updated more on how our pitch is looking then.

I done a wee pitch inspection of my own front and side lawns this morning at 7am, Hertha and couldnt see any reason for the game this Saturday not to be on, unless the next couple of nights get colder that last. Heres hoping, missed having no game last week, due to the useless f"*£'s at Inverclyde Council.

I done a wee pitch inspection of my own front and side lawns this morning at 7am, Hertha and couldnt see any reason for the game this Saturday not to be on, unless the next couple of nights get colder that last. Heres hoping, missed having no game last week, due to the useless f"*£'s at Inverclyde Council.

Yup MG the temperature is forecasted to rise a bit on Friday and Saturday so if the forecast stays true to form then we should be just fine.

Looking forward to the game and it will be a tough one but we can do it.

Fingers crossed the game goes ahead. Looking forward to coming down.

Hi mate I put a picture on the sauchie Facebook page of our pitch half an hour ago .

Our pitch is very hard in places as it doesn't get exposed to the sun at the far away enclosures side.

If the game was today then it would have been called off and unless there is a major thaw then I'm afraid we will have no game tmrw. :(

Will keep people updated ASAP as I appreciate you guys have a good distance to travel.

Archived