Eligible Uncapped Players

Quentin Taranbino

Wouldn't drop Hutton, he's one of Scotland better performers normally.

Hutton hasn't had a good game for Scotland in ages in my opinion.

I'm not really bothered about the switching allegiances rule, i'm sure Bardsley and Commons supported England. But if you've been capped for friendlys for the full team then I would have to say no.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm usually all for casting the net but Warnock would've been a step too far IMO. Someone who's been in and around England squads, even got a few caps, is 30 years old and isn't really any better than what we already have. I really wouldn't have liked that so goodness knows what the reaction would've been like from the 'freedom' mob.

Could we get any lower.Two caps for england and levein is begging him to play for scotland.We already have good players in that position and two of them are actually Scottish.Mulgrew and Hutton.

Could we get any lower.Two caps for england and levein is begging him to play for scotland.We already have good players in that position and two of them are actually Scottish.Mulgrew and Hutton.

Did Levein really beg, or have you made that up?

Far as I'm aware we enquired to see if he if eligible, he isn't.

• 3 months later...

Bump

Jonjo Shelvey has gone from also-ran to wanted man... by ­Scotland as well as Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

The Essex-born midfielder feared he was on his way out of Anfield just weeks ago when new manager Rodgers told the 20-year-old he didn’t figure in his plans.

Now a string of eye-catching performances have seen Rodgers change his mind and join a Jonjo Shelvey fan club that’s headed by the ­Scottish FA!

Shelvey, a West Ham supporter from Romford, skippered England Under-19s and has played four times for the Under-21s. But he could still qualify to pull on the blue shirt of Scotland.

He did his reputation north of the border no harm with a sterling performance against Hearts at Anfield in the Europa League, then­revealed: “I have had a few meetings with the Scottish FA. My grandmother is from ­Edinburgh.

“We will see. At the moment, I am concentrating on my club career, but if the time comes that I am not playing for England, then it is something I might not turn down.

“I am still young, so I don’t have to make a decision yet. I haven’t spoken to Craig Levein properly, only to say hello when he has been at the training ground visiting Charlie [Adam].

“When I was on loan at Blackpool last season, I had a meeting with a few of the Scotland scouts – I liked what they said, but we have to wait to see what happens.”

Shelvey, who didn’t figure often under previous Reds boss Kenny Dalglish, admitted: “Whenever a new manager comes in you have your doubts if you are going to be in his plans.

“When Brendan Rodgers first came, he said to me that I would be one of the ones he’d look to go out on loan. I took that in deep and felt I had to show this gaffer I want to stay here.

“I thought I did that in pre-season and it’s paid off for me. When we got back from the tour in America, he said to me he wanted me to be a big part of his plans.

“It gives you more confidence when you hear your gaffer ­talking like that. I’ve been ­patient and plugged away, and now I feel I am getting the benefits.”

Liverpool face Arsenal at Anfield today in an intriguing clash of two passing styles. Shelvey said: “The way he wants us to play is to pass the ball but when we lose it, get pressure on the ball because you regain it a lot quicker. It suits me down to the ground.

“We did that against Man City and that is why Swansea did so well last year. If you watch the great teams like Barcelona, they are all doing it, so we’re just trying to emulate them.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jonjo-shelvey-has-talks-with-scottish-fa-1295361

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about that. He's a defender who can't get a game in a league which is famed for having really shite defences.

He's an attacking midfielder and he's played the majority of games games for Waalwijk this season.

He's an attacking midfielder and he's played the majority of games games for Waalwijk this season.

He has started 3 times in 9 league matches, and has made a further 3 sub appearances. I haven't seen him play, so I'll have to take your word about his position.

Archived