Eligible Uncapped Players

Quentin Taranbino

Tom Cairney is one we should be looking to get with us, Fantastic player. Whether it's just because he has the expierence of McKenna, Koren, Harper etc. around him at Hull is the only question though.

Despite speaking with an English accent, Nottingham-born Cairney was quick to polish his Caledonian credentials.

"My dad is Scottish, he is from Uddingston, while my mum is English," he said.

"My dad always had me in the Scotland kit and we would come up and see my family in Scotland every summer during the holidays.

"My dad is as proud as he can be when I play for Scotland and I'm very proud.

"My mum is just happy that I'm playing - she hates it when I don't play!"

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the clowns on there believe every player should be called angus and eat haggis. People saying Jordan Rhodes shouldn't be playing for us, and Bardsley should be out the team etc

Quite right!!! I might finally get my call up...

Some of the clowns on there believe every player should be called angus and eat haggis. People saying Jordan Rhodes shouldn't be playing for us, and Bardsley should be out the team etc

I can certainly see where they are coming from as we should be cheering on our Scottish players playing for Scotland. But I don't mind anybody that plays for Scotland as long as they are 100% committed to the cause. Jordan Rhodes certainly seems like he see's himself as Scottish or at least that's how it comes across in his interviews.

I can certainly see where they are coming from as we should be cheering on our Scottish players playing for Scotland. But I don't mind anybody that plays for Scotland as long as they are 100% committed to the cause. Jordan Rhodes certainly seems like he see's himself as Scottish or at least that's how it comes across in his interviews.

Rhodes feels Scottish, was brought up in Scotland, and is pictured wearing a Scotland top. His case is closed.

However, I strongly disagree with your "I don't mind anybody that plays for Scotland as long as they are 100% commited to the cause".

There has already been many players that have no attachment to Scotland, could tell you nothing about Scottish football, yet use International football as a vehicle to further their career.

Matt Elliot

Matt Gilks for starters.

I would hate to see our national team be filled with 3rd rate Brazilians, italians, english, spanish because their not good enough for the Country they supported as a boy and dreamed of playing for. I fully understand Leveins desire to scour for all possible talent, but I'm totally against it.

How did either of them further their career playing with Scotland? Matt Elliot made his Scotland debut while a Leicester player and retired 8 years later still a Leicester City player....

I never said they did. read again fella.

It still reads as you think Matt Elliott used it as a vehicle to further his career, no idea what makes you say that.

Because he Didn't further his career doesn't the render the statement inaccurate.

It was 14 years ago so I can barely remember, but I've no idea how he could further his career from playing with Scotland at the time, getting some caps doesn't make him a better player over night.

Quick Question- Do you think the number of people that are aware of Jaime Mackie's *talents* has increased.

A) double

B) Treble

C) Tenfold

D) even greater.

Without doubt international football gives players a platform to enhance. There will be Dutch teams looking at Jordan Rhodes after googling and finding his scoring record.

I think the goals that got him in the set up made people aware of his talents, not playing for Scotland, when he was then called up he has played well IMO which kept him in the squad. He is still only really known in the UK, playing for Scotland hasn't really changed much.

I don't believe you honestly think this.

I doubt too many folk in Cyprus or the faroes were aware of him, indeed I'm fairly certain(without figures) the percentage of the general public that would recognise him would at least treble in Scotland.

Matt Elliot was the same, shite defender that got to play on a big stage with better players(boyd, hendry, calderwood etc)

• 4 months later...

I see Alex Pearce scored again for Reading at the weekend. Reading are currently second in a very good league so he must be quite a good player. I would like to see him get a call up for the USA friendly.

He has come out quite a few times lately amd said his country of choice is Ireland, and wants to play for them. Ireland also say they are watching and intetested so think it would take a Levein miracle for him to play for us.

Archived