Eligible Uncapped Players

Quentin Taranbino

Below I think is all (or most - I prob missed a few) of players in EPL and Championship that are eligible for Scotland but are yet uncapped.

I realise some of these players are honking and some maybe wouldn't play for Scotland but the list I have lists all the eligible players.

Encouraging that there appear to be alot of young defenders coming through as this is our weakest area, hopefully if at least a couple of them make the breakthrough in next few years that would be good.

Goalkeepers

QPR - Gareth Deane (18)

Tottenham Hotspur - Jordan Archer (18)

Defenders

Arsenal – James Campbell (18)

Barnsley – Jim McNulty (27)

Birmingham – Callum Thomson (16)

Birmingham – Fraser Kerr (19)

Birmingham – Gareth Hutchison (18)

Blackpool – Bob Harris (24)

Brighton & Hove Albion – Gordon Greer (31)

Burnley – Brian Easton (23)

Cardiff – Paul Quinn (26)

Coventry – James McPake (27)

Coventry – Martin Cranie (25)

Hull City – Liam Cooper (20)

Man Utd - Luke Hendrie (17)

Man Utd - Donald Love (17)

Middlesbrough - Kieran Weledji (18)

QPR - Peter Ramage (27)

QPR - Fitz Hall (30)

Reading - Alex Pearce (23)

Reading - Ryan Edwards (19)

Wigan Athletic - Jamie McCormack (18)

Midfielders

Barnsley – Jim O’Brien (24)

Blackpool – Stephen Husband (21)

Bolton Wanderers – Graeme MacGregor (18)

Brighton & Hove Albion - Liam Bridcutt (22)

Burnley – Cameron Howieson (17)

Burnley – Archie Love (18)

Burnley – Joe McKee (19)

Hull City – Tom Cairney (21)

Hull City – Cameron Stewart (20)

Ipswich - Sean Meikle (17)

Liverpool - Jonjo Shelvey (19)

Middlesbrough - Andy Halliday (20)

Middlesbrough - Cameron Park (18)

Newcastle - Steven Logan (17)

Newcastle - Bradden Inman(20)

Nottingham Forest - Lewis McGugan (23)

Reading - Cameron Edwards (19)

Tottenham Hotspur - Steven Caulker (20)

Watford - Stephen McGinn (23)

Watford - Craig Forsyth (22)

Strikers

Blackburn Rovers – Jamie McLaren (18)

Blackpool – Craig Sutherland (23)

Bolton Wanderers – Michael O’Halloran (21)

Burnley – Alex MacDonald (21)

Coventry – Gary McSheffrey (29)

Newcastle - Aaron Spear (18)

Peterborough - Dan Evans (18)

Sunderland - Mikael Mandron (16)

Swansea- Stephen Dobbie (29)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool - Jonjo Shelvey (19)

Captain of the England U-19s and expected to be important for Liverpool in the future. Levein should perhaps consider shutting his fucking mouth or perhaps spending his time pondering the mysteries of football tactics rather than mouthing off to the press about which fantasy Englishmen he'd like to poach.

Captain of the England U-19s and expected to be important for Liverpool in the future. Levein should perhaps consider shutting his fucking mouth or perhaps spending his time pondering the mysteries of football tactics rather than mouthing off to the press about which fantasy Englishmen he'd like to poach.

Aye Levein tried to get him at somepoint last year as well and I'm sure he wasn't interested, but in papers today that Levein is tring again

Below I think is all (or most - I prob missed a few) of players in EPL and Championship that are eligible for Scotland but are yet uncapped.

Watford - Stephen McGinn (23)

Watford - Craig Forsyth (22)

McGinn hasnt played for a year owing to injury and Forsyth is so far out of his depth in the championship that the only cheer he gets is when he is subbed.

Expect Levein to pick the pair of them next time out then.

Jonjoy Shelvey is a cracking player but tipped for big things at liverpool and cant see him turning his back on england just yet as he has been capped at every level so far apart from senior and is still young.

The guy lewis mcgugan must be worth a shout as hes young and has been a standout for notts forrest the last two seasons. The guy could easily make the step up to the premier league and when a guy like barry robson is still getting a game this guy should definately be in the squad.

Defence is the major problem. Would like to see wilson and hanley getting more games somewhere and see how they get on as they seem like the only potential future pairing.

I realise some of these players are honking and some maybe wouldn't play for Scotland but the list I have lists all the eligible players.

Encouraging that there appear to be alot of young defenders coming through as this is our weakest area, hopefully if at least a couple of them make the breakthrough in next few years that would be good.

Coventry – Gary McSheffrey (29)

Going back a few years when he seemed a decent player, I am sure he snubbed us outright (which is fair enough since he wanted to play for England as born there) so although eligible for us, I don't think he'd ever play for us. After his big money move to Birmingham his career seemed to stagnate and never fulfilled all his early potential. Although were not blessed with strikers, don't think he'd even come close to making a squad currently.

Burnley – Brian Easton (23)

Man Utd - Luke Hendrie (17)

Man Utd - Donald Love (17)

Just had a quick glance on the two youngsters at Man Utd, Love capped at U17 level for Scotland :), Hendrie capped by England at U16 level.

Brian Easton, not sure about this fella, but a regular at Burnley and surely got to be a better back up option for us over Stephen Crainey.

Tom Cairney is one we should be looking to get with us, Fantastic player. Whether it's just because he has the expierence of McKenna, Koren, Harper etc. around him at Hull is the only question though.

He's in the U21 squad. Played last night.

Steven Caulker is an interesting one. Regular Premier League starter this season on loan at Swansea. Josh McEachran at Chelsea is also available (I think)

McEachran's parents are both Scottish but he is very much committed to England, he was one of Levein's public pursuits earlier this year, pretty sure he will be at least a semi-regular for England in the future anyway.

Archived