Jordan Rhodes

~~~

but England are one of the best international teams with some of the best strikers in the world playing for them

England haven't beat a top nation at a competitive level since the World

Cup at 2002, what's why the always get pumped at the quarter finals soon as they come up against someone decent

Also, apart from Wayen Rooney they have very average strikers.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England haven't beat a top nation at a competitive level since the World

Cup at 2002, what's why the always get pumped at the quarter finals soon as they come up against someone decent

Also, apart from Wayen Rooney they have very average strikers.

Darren Bent and Peter Crouch would walk into the Scotland team

They can still change allegiance after playing in a friendly.

I'd rather not take up a bench space in a competitive match just for the sake of doing that.

You didn't answer my question about which players had changed allegiance to England after playing for us at youth level.

I think your over estimating the importance of the 7 subs. Generally speaking the manager will have his prefered 2 or 3 who will come on every time to change the game and perhaps 1 or 2 if injuries happen - the rest are there just to make up the numbers and get splinters in thier arses.

I dont see any reason why he shouldn't be on the bench if he continues his progress to give him a cap in a competitive game to safe-guard him from the English.

Stuart Pearce regularly selects players from the lower leagues for his U21 side's these days.

Arrogance has cost us players before.

Another hat trick for him today, take him to Cyprus, the boy is on fire.

I don't think it will be too long before he goes on to bigger things. It would probably be good to take him a long and get a taste for the senior team get together. I'm sure by the time the WC Qualifiers come along he will be playing in the Championship.

... and another. I'd get him in with the squad for the trip to Cyprus whether he'll play or not.

Another hat trick for him today, take him to Cyprus, the boy is on fire.

The U21s have a qualifier against Holland. I'd rather he played in that instead of getting on for 20 minutes in a friendly against Cyprus.

The U21s have a qualifier against Holland. I'd rather he played in that instead of getting on for 20 minutes in a friendly against Cyprus.

Surley it's more important for him to get to know the first team set up and for Levein to get to know him first hand.

Surley it's more important for him to get to know the first team set up and for Levein to get to know him first hand.

If there is a qualifier I would keep him with the U21s to be honest.

Possibly, but there is plenty of opportunity for that in the other friendlies we will no doubt have before the qualifiers start next year. It would be a real boost for us if we could qualify for the European U21s for the first time in a while.

At this rate, I'm actually surprised that the English have decided to let him go to us without them giving any resistance whatsoever.

It seems like another case of a player being overlooked because he hasn't been signed by a big club Premier League club for a big fee. If he had been snapped up by Liverpool for instance, they'd probably end up taking a look at him.

Whether he's England quality or not is debatable, but he looks like more of an out and out goalscorer, which they have lacked at times in recent years.

Anyway, I'd happily take him for Scotland.

I think he does want to play for us, but if England were interested in him, would it be a different story? I'm not sure.

More reason to arrange a friendly pronto and cap him, even if only for 30 seconds.

More reason to arrange a friendly pronto and cap him, even if only for 30 seconds.

Playing at senior level in a friendly wouldn't tie him down to Scotland, though. AFAIK, that only happens if he plays in a competitive match.

Archived