Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

berwick v montrose

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

mo83

mo83

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • My Team:Montrose
good win for montrose today,good to see sean pierce get a goal aswell.anyone at the game?mon the mo :)
its all about the "nice possesion footy"!

ducket_lifer

ducket_lifer

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers
No Comment. We haven't even played the top two yet.

mo83

mo83

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

No Comment. We haven't even played the top two yet.

that bad?:(

mon the mo

mon the mo

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
was delighted to hear this score after getting thoroughly soaked playing in the pissing rain! Good to see Sean Pierce starting and getting off the mark.

Another red card though; we are going to get absolutely hammered by the SFA for this. 7 so far????

berwick-the-unbeatable

berwick-the-unbeatable

Jim Duffy's Red & White Army!

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,090 posts
  • My Team:Clyde
Jimmy Mourinho strikes again

Craig Gunn and Kenny Mackay apart I don't think there is anyone else in this league who will get 15-20 goals.

We have a number of players who can chip in with goals, McAleer and Cook should get 10+ between them. McShane, Smith, Austin and Campbell should get well over 20.

#EFSuper6GoalCount - 5. 95 to go.

berwicksfinest

berwicksfinest

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Shaft2 knows all and see's all

I cannot bear another season like this :huh:
ONCE YOU'VE HAD FAT YOU WON'T GO BACK

BerwickMad

BerwickMad

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,027 posts
The decision to offer Crease a new contract last season looks as ridiculous as ever. A third season of failure in a row looks pretty possible. This is what happens when you look to keep your pal happy rather than the fans. A state of apathy in the support which is dangerous. Stupid for the board to ignore as they look out of touch.

BRFC 1881

shaft2

shaft2

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Shaft2 knows all and see's all

I cannot bear another season like this :huh:

I hate to say I told you so but...

The board are taking us nowhere on the field,time for them to grow a fucking set.

MOFOREVER

MOFOREVER

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Berwick fans clearly not happy with off field things and I hope that gets sorted out but as there don't seem to have been many Montrose fans at the game, what's the crack from you Berwick fans? Were you rubbish or were you robbed? What were the sendings off for, was it a niggly sort of game? I see the ref was Des Roache who is no stranger to sendings off.

ducket_lifer

ducket_lifer

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Shielfield looked empty today surprised to see 368 as the official attendance. What's it going to be like when winter sets in ? sub 200 crowds not far away. I don't have any faith in The Board finding a suitable replacement for Crease. Lenny Ayre struggles to change a light bulb let alone a manager. The Trust need more involvement at Board level to stop the club sliding downhill.

berwick-the-unbeatable

berwick-the-unbeatable

• Gold Members
  • 7,090 posts
We should have had that game sown up in the first 20 minutes today, the lack of confidence within the players is absolutely evident and Crease has never looked a motivator, and i've heard from enough credible folk to believe it's true too. The team spirit within the squad is obviously at a low and Gribben/Currie arguing over a free-kick is just the same old pish from Renwick days. I'm not going to watch Berwick every week when Crease can't fucking control his team, never mind direct them. Examples of his lack of control can be found all over the place. From arguements over set-pieces to players refusing to play for the reserves and him paying no real attention to it.

Agree that it's a case of choosing friend over fan atm. It's embarrassing. If you look at how thing have gone since we won this division, you can't deny Crease did well to stabilise the club. That said, our last three finishes (8th?, 6th and 6th) in Division 3, have been lower than any of Berwick's in the past 20 years at least. We all accepted after the shitheap Wilson left us in that we needed to stabilise, that's true. The problem now is that we've stabilised, yet we're backing a manager who's a caretaker at best, someone to tide things over. If we ever want to move on and re-establish ourselves as a yo-yo club (And i'd rather that than mid-table 3rd division fucking w**k), we need to be backing a manager who can actually man manage. I've no problems with our assistant, especially considering he seems to have to do most of the fucking work for Crease anyway.

I'd love to know today's crowd. I hear there were 28 at the Talk-In last night, and 575ish last Sunday. Those are fucking poor attendances. If i'm honest, i'd hoped the talk-in would have a shite attendance, as I thought it'd be a sign for the board to realise how little interest in the club there is at the moment, and it'd certainly be a bigger wake-up call in place of going along, asking a load of questions and having them all deflected. However, i've heard instead all they did was blame lack of advertisement for both. Surely they can take the tinted goggles of for 10 minutes and think about it. People are bored, change is needed. The product on the pitch is one dimensional. Crease can sign decent individuals but when it comes to making a team, he's incapable. As someone who's rarely missed a game over the past few seasons, i'm struggling to think of reasons to go next week. In fact, the only reason I can think of is Stephen Thomson :wub:

On the actual game, as i've said, we had enough chances to win it. If i'm honest, I think Montrose looked fucking w**k and we should be beating them. Their first goal was a fucking screamer and from there we had no Plan B. I overheard someone asking how many times we get the second goal. Good point. Despite saying Montrose look nothing special, credit where credit is due, they took advantage of our slack play and when they played the ball over the top for the penalty, you could see what was coming. All game McLeod was being caught out of position and Townsley was running back, and as soon as he started trying to shift the player you could see the penalty coming. Their red was a deserved second yellow for a shite tackle on McLaren about 10 seconds after kick off. Thought Deland was decent for the first half hour and played some good balls but he soon drifted out the game. Thomson was solid and probably our best player. Barclay made a few good saves from crosses that kept almost creeping in. Townsley and McLeod seemed pretty shite. Notman was fairly average, same with the CM's though McDonald was unlucky not to score. McLaren played well I thought. Gribben's lack of confidence was as evident as ever and Noble was average. Gray looked average off the bench while I thought Greenhill was fucking class, why didn't they bring him on sooner :rolleyes:

Next week we'll undoubtedly see Smith replace Townsley at Centre Back while McLean continues to warm the bench :rolleyes: Maybe it's time for Little to get his boots on again. We need a fucking leader on the pitch and the fact that McLeod will still be in the team next week makes me want to tear my fucking nipples off.

Craig Gunn and Kenny Mackay apart I don't think there is anyone else in this league who will get 15-20 goals.

We have a number of players who can chip in with goals, McAleer and Cook should get 10+ between them. McShane, Smith, Austin and Campbell should get well over 20.

BerwickMad

BerwickMad

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,027 posts
I'd love to know how the decision to keep Crease on was reached, because I've yet to hear anyone say it was the correct one.

Basically every season has been a shit failure since promotion. It's easy for people to lose interest, it's far harder to get people interested again.

BRFC 1881

berwicksfinest

berwicksfinest

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Personally speaking I won't be travelling 600 miles round trip to see this

Again we are in the position decent squad on paper doing absolutely bugger all on pitch! People are now voting with their feet, We have yet to suffer our mid season slump, Christ that gonna a be painful this year. :(
ONCE YOU'VE HAD FAT YOU WON'T GO BACK

berwick-the-unbeatable

berwick-the-unbeatable

• Gold Members
  • 7,090 posts

Berwick fans clearly not happy with off field things and I hope that gets sorted out but as there don't seem to have been many Montrose fans at the game, what's the crack from you Berwick fans? Were you rubbish or were you robbed? What were the sendings off for, was it a niggly sort of game? I see the ref was Des Roache who is no stranger to sendings off.

As i've just said, Montrose looked nothing special but you have to give them credit for not giving up and their first was a screamer. Considering we started so well they did well to keep it to 1-0 (Though we strangely slowed the tempo when in the lead as apposed to trying to extend it). The referee was fucking awful. While it's easy to sit and go mental about Crease, it must be remembered that with a sane referee we may have got something out of the game. There were a couple of handball shouts that weren't given for us. There were a couple of absolutely awful decisions on throw-ins and GK/Corners that went against Montrose, Gribben being told he put the ball out of play despite it being in by a yard, and the worst decision of the game for me, someone being took out, us playing on, the ref playing on, McLaren being sent clean through, 1-on-1, ref blows whistle and pulls it back. :lol:

Shielfield looked empty today surprised to see 368 as the official attendance. What's it going to be like when winter sets in ? sub 200 crowds not far away. I don't have any faith in The Board finding a suitable replacement for Crease. Lenny Ayre struggles to change a light bulb let alone a manager. The Trust need more involvement at Board level to stop the club sliding downhill.

That seems an optimistic figure. Must have been a head count and they counted the folk who moved into the ducket as it rained twice.

It's annoying criticising the board as I am doing. They all run the clubs far better than the last mob and at least we know they all want the best for the club. The annoying thing though is that they don't seem to take any criticism, they see it more of a personal insult, which is a shame as it hampers us imo. If anything, they need a couple of directors who can modernise things.They don't see the importance of communications, the club site is a joke for example. I heard today that you have to wait 6-8 weeks if you want to order a jacket. Fair enough we're not exactly the biggest club but I know for a fact they were warned to get a supplier that could guarentee them quicker deliveries when they ordered to prevent complications, and instead we're getting a wait of 2 months and pre-ordered kits getting delayed etc. I thought John Robertson would have done that in some part but he doesn't seem to have had much of a chance to do so.

I don't think trust representation is the problem as such. All directors do their bit, but I think the man who manages us is the wrong man. He's a friend of them all. You're going to find it a hell of a lot harder to get rid of someone you like than someone you have no real attachment to. They all do their roles well imo, but as i've said, they need to try attract a couple of directors who can come in and help the club get up to date (I can change a lightbulb, but it'd take a hell of a lot to attract me, including a lottery win :lol: ), and until then, because it will be hard to attract directors, I reckon they should allow other members a little more leeway in what they do in order to help use improve, whether that be the supporters trust/club rep, Robertson or even the likes of Callum Porteous. Crease can resume his role at board level and do that well i'm sure, but what we need is someone fresh leading the team.

berwick-the-unbeatable

berwick-the-unbeatable

• Gold Members
  • 7,090 posts

I'd love to know how the decision to keep Crease on was reached, because I've yet to hear anyone say it was the correct one.

Basically every season has been a shit failure since promotion. It's easy for people to lose interest, it's far harder to get people interested again.

I'd like to know what board members would say individually when asked and the reasoning behind their answer (Whether that is yes or no).

BerwickMad

BerwickMad

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,027 posts
That's assuming the board voted on it. Wilson for example used to hire and fire on his own.

BRFC 1881

shaft2

shaft2

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
Anyone care to tell us why the man who plundered thousands in gate money from the club is presented with cash being his winnings from the club scheme?

You took upward of 5k but not to worry here's a few hundred more for your back pocket pal...Posted Image

TheBigGuy

TheBigGuy

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Couldn't make todays game, glad the decision was made for me. Am I suprised by recent displays and a continuing theme season after season? No not really.
The Board and Crease have no plan this summers transfer policy summed things up to be honest. Shit preperation and guess what shit results.
Paul Currie is sold and no replacement to be found. We continue to leak goals, no width and our best striker "Gribben" out of form no wonder were losing to Montrose at (H)

Peterhead next week, after there defeat they will be up for Saturday, about time Berwick found a bit fight and guile when things go against us!

Royal Blue

Royal Blue

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

There will be a huge fine coming our way for all the red cards.Our squad is still not strong enough forn this league,particularly up front.Farningham was in the press a week back saying loan signings were coming but since then nowt???

mon the mo

mon the mo

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
All fine wand well moaning that we arent good enough for this league but we are still carrying debt until end of season, that kind of forces our hand a bit. There are lads like Simon Murray and the lad Kelly to come in when are thinning. Ray has been trying to get a loan striker but he doesnt exactly have a pot to piss in.

Decent enough team there, just shy of a target man striker!

players champion

players champion

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Couldn't make todays game, glad the decision was made for me. Am I suprised by recent displays and a continuing theme season after season? No not really.
The Board and Crease have no plan this summers transfer policy summed things up to be honest. Shit preperation and guess what shit results.
Paul Currie is sold and no replacement to be found. We continue to leak goals, no width and our best striker "Gribben" out of form no wonder were losing to Montrose at (H)

Peterhead next week, after there defeat they will be up for Saturday, about time Berwick found a bit fight and guile when things go against us!

We were beaten 2-1 by Livingston last week all down to a mistake by McLeod and he still starts? We did OK and yet for no apparent reason Crease changes the Team by adding Deland on at LM and starts Noble again when Gray should have been on from the start. What did Ponton do wrong in the 17 minutes he had last week to merit a place in the stand along with Walker and D Smith? I am sure all three would have been much happier playing with the Reserves at Peebles. I think Deland deserves a chance and he had a good first half by all accounts but I have no doubt he will be needed at LB (his right position) when Thompson gets injured or when suspensions kick in. Why does it always seem that Crease doesn't have a plan of tactics in any Game? He doesn't seem to have the right cover on the bench and one can only assume that after 76 minutes (it always seems to be between 65 and 80 minutes he makes subs) the time the fist sub was made, he felt things were OK? It was obvious to those watching that we were in serious danger of leaking a goal and losing the game. Why didn't he make changes before then? If McLean had gone on for McLeod we may have not conceded a penalty and a man sent off. Now he is forced to play McLean or maybe not, maybe Walker will feature instead! I thought the 11 that left the park last week against Livingston but with McLean for McLeod and Gray for Noble, should have started yesterday but NO that would be far far too simple. It not what I would have wanted but there is a case for Little pulling on the shirt again and showing how it could be done. Maybe he has a master plan! Posted Image

ducket_lifer

ducket_lifer

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Can anyone brighten up this dull, windy, autumn afternoon by telling me Crease has gone.

Billy Fish

Billy Fish

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
Berwick should go for the spartans coaching team, excellent gaffer in mike lawson and with mike irvine beside him they have the basis off experience and a winning mentality! Also mike has a great knowledge of players that could enhance the playing side off BR fc

shaft2

shaft2

Junior League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Berwick should go for the spartans coaching team, excellent gaffer in mike lawson and with mike irvine beside him they have the basis off experience and a winning mentality! Also mike has a great knowledge of players that could enhance the playing side off BR fc

interesting thoughts.

an ex player too.

mo83

mo83

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

All fine wand well moaning that we arent good enough for this league but we are still carrying debt until end of season, that kind of forces our hand a bit. There are lads like Simon Murray and the lad Kelly to come in when are thinning. Ray has been trying to get a loan striker but he doesnt exactly have a pot to piss in.

Decent enough team there, just shy of a target man striker!

went to see montrose vs alloa u19s today they got beat 4-3,no realy any players their that could come on an make an impact going by todays game.like you said decent enough team we have just need to sort oot are red cards,we have that many players that can play 2-3 postions which is no a bad thing at all,terry out next week macca in the middle and someone on the wing was away to say dimalta but no too sure what the script his with him no even on the bench yesterday.anyway a wins a win an thank god for that after the stranraer game.onwards and upwards :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent

Sunday League Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Can anyone brighten up this dull, windy, autumn afternoon by telling me Crease has gone.

No

BerwickMad

BerwickMad

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,027 posts
Has he gone yet, or do you have to wait longer, lose more fans and let the rot set in further before people grow a set and sack their mate?

How about putting the fence back up too?!

BRFC 1881

TheArtfulShearer

TheArtfulShearer

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Fence up, Crease out. A good summary of the situation at Berwick Rangers.

berwick-the-unbeatable

berwick-the-unbeatable

• Gold Members
  • 7,090 posts
He's apparently quoted in the paper blasting his 'flops', telling them that if they don't want to be at Berwick they know where his office is.

Well, i'm sure the morale will be lifted. If Crease doubts players (All of which he has offered deals to) to the point where he invites them to leave then why the f**k is he here. Playing a risky game. Players will be fucking annoyed with his shit man-management and considering Crease obviously has limited contacts he'd struggle to replace them (As we've seen with Currie). Wouldn't suprise me if we ended up losing one or two of our better players before he ends up fucking off. Hopefully they stay but he needs to go ASAP before he harms the team as well as the club in attendances etc.

When we get sub 300 on Saturday, what will the excuse be? Hurricane winds never bothered Arbroath fans :rolleyes:

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable, 12 September 2011 - 15:36.

dougster

dougster

Third Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

When we get sub 300 on Saturday, what will the excuse be? Hurricane winds never bothered Arbroath fans :rolleyes:

I don't know, they all look a bit windswept to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users