The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of quality efforts from the Sunday Post today.

In the photo that accompanies the match report of our game against Ayr it's captioned as Danny Carmichael being congratulated following the first goal (which he set up). However Carmichael isn't in the photo and the player being congratulated is Derek Lyle (who scored it).

In an interview with Sandy Clark ahead of today's Edinburgh derby he is quoted as saying that Leigh Griffiths "was the difference between the two sides when Hibs met Queens earlier this season". Considering that we won 2-0 and Griffiths contribution was only to hit the woodwork once in an otherwise anonymous performance, I think it's unlikely Clark said that. I presume he's been badly misquoted.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-one/cowdenbeath-1-1-hamilton-accies-sides-locked-on-29-1-2828884]

Cowdenbeath 1 -1 Hamilton Accies: Sides locked on 29
It had a huge bearing on a result that keeps both sides locked together on 29 points – just above the First Division relegation play-off zone.

Cowdenbeath have, erm, 26 points: Hamilton have 29.

According to The Sun's George Mair, Spiders gaffer Gardner Speirs admitted: "Brechin deserved to win. We lost our concentration at two corners"

Brechin might well have deserved to win, had we not been playing Berwick.

Another pic-howler in the Daily Ranger, page 50 where Craig Hinchcliffe (who no longer plays for us and hasn't done so since the McCall days) is pictured as "shut-out king Scott Fox." What an absolute rag.

Michael Tidser kept Morton's title hopes flying high with the best goal of his career. The stopper's spectacular long-range first-half effort was his 13th goal of the season...

From today's Sun - I know that Rodger Baillie is getting on a bit but Tidser certainly isn't a defender.

From today's Sun - I know that Rodger Baillie is getting on a bit but Tidser certainly isn't a defender.

I'll say that Tidser stops other teams winning because he's just that good. :D

Tonight's radio Clyde discussing the Scotland Wales game:

Presenter: So Hugh do you think that if we stop Gareth Bale, we stop Wales:

Hugh Cretin: do I think Wales are a one man team? Certainly the other ten Welsh players would disagree with that.

Presenter: yes but surely they're not all as good as Bale. So Hugh who else in the Welsh team could cause us problems:

Hugh Cretin: Ermm, ermm - I'm sure someone will surprise on the night?

Archived