The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gone forever?

Don't know if this has been written elsewhere but it looks like Jim Traynor has packed it in.

(still won't be buying the record though)

He's moved from one toxic brand to another; from the shitty Daily Record to The Rangers. Hopefully this means the fat whiny c**t won't be on BBC radio anymore.

However, that’s it. My work here is done and I’m glad – but just for the record, I’ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain but my conscience won’t allow me to stay in our profession.

The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets.

Think the irony might be lost on him.

He's moved from one toxic brand to another; from the shitty Daily Record to The Rangers. Hopefully this means the fat whiny c**t won't be on BBC radio anymore.

Am I being wooshed or is he actually off to Sevco?

Think the irony might be lost on him.

Am I being wooshed or is he actually off to Sevco?

I did a Google search to see where he was off to and this popped up:

http://www.scotzine.com/2012/12/exclusive-james-traynor-to-swap-daily-record-for-rangers-football-club/

Sevco bound. The fat whiny c**t. He'll be in his element as a Sevco Zombie The Rangers apologist.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenny Little in today's Sun;

"Tony Fitzpatrick can't believe it's 22 years since St. Mirren beat Celtic in the league".

Neither can I. Sure I recall a 4-0 win for the manky mob in Tony Mowbray's last game in charge c. 2009.

"Tony Fitzpatrick can't believe it's 22 years since St. Mirren beat Celtic in the league".

Neither can I. Sure I recall a 4-0 win for the manky mob in Tony Mowbray's last game in charge c. 2009.

It's evidently 22 years since St Mirren won at Celtic Park.

Ah, old Choppy, a great bottle neck guitarist in his day.

Choppy Waters founded The Frail Pontiffs, didn't he? Choppy Waters Jr made it big with the Sex Beasts and then left to join the Love Rats.

They're recording together on an album called Loyal Servant To The Club. rolleyes.gif Choppy's daughter, Rose, has a band called Attractive Blonde Mother of Three, by the way.

Newspaper cliches. Gotta do without them.

It's evidently 22 years since St Mirren won at Celtic Park.

Not evidently, Scary. Factually. I heard it on the BBC so it must be true.

There's every chance they read it in The Sun, since that is exactly what it said over the next two paragraphs after the one quoted by Toby :(

The very same BBC that gives Billy Dodds air time.

That's true. Sad really, as Billy Dodds has a smaller vocabulary than my five-year-old grand nephew. And to think people hate mime artists ...

There's every chance they read it in The Sun, since that is exactly what it said over the next two paragraphs after the one quoted by Toby :(

You know, for a publisher that can splash £11million in hush money you'd think it could find more interesting facts than that one. Mind you, it's always there for recycling next season.

Archived