Squad lists/confirmed signings

Murray not playing next season?

He's 38 in August and used himself as sparingly as possible this season as it was. I'm sure he'll be registered as a player, but I doubt he'll make many appearances, if any.

WELL GET HIM ON THE LIST!

MON THE MURRAY!

post-40613-13692581151136_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always said we needed an old head somewhere on the backline but Simon Mensing is past it, big time. 2 years as well, I think that's madness.

Lolling at him saying he was impressed by the vision of how we want to play, we'll be in full hammer-throw mode by pre-season.

Blockley and McLaren sign extentions at Airdrie. Good news, especially about Blockley as I'm sure a few First division clubs would have been interested after some of his performances last year.

Good work on keeping Blockely. Definitely would've liked to have seme him playing for the Rovers.

Haw haw. We will finish above Morton next season, normality resumed.

The 'normality' that saw Queens relegated to the seaside leagues with the same squad of dross you've signed for next season? I sense a fail of Jim McInally proportions is on the cards for the rattle-waving bores.

I dont think there will be many signings now until the spl/sfl thing is finalised. Can imagine a lot of div 1 players holding off to see if clubs get more money through the spl2 issue. Clubs need players and we amy see them holding out for better money.

Not a signing, but Morton have confirmed that we're only going to have a first team squad of sixteen players, which is to be balanced out by our youth teams going full-time so the youngsters are in a better position to step up to the first team when they inevitably have to be used. The sixteen in the first team are seemingly going to be divided between eight 'senior' and eight 'junior' players, the senior players being more experienced players on higher wages with the junior players being young guys who've been punted by SPL clubs or signed from part-time clubs on smaller wages.

- Gaston, McLaughlin, O'Brien, Tidser, Bachirou, Reid & Dyer (if they sign)

- Campbell, Taggart, O'ware, McKee, Wallace.

That is how it is at the moment, with the development squad pushing for places as well. 13 young boys have been given full time contracts so a lot of them will be involved.

Sounds a lot like how the Rovers are structured, although a little more rigid and carefully considered, and without the part-timers in the 'junior' half. I'm a little surprised Morton's youths weren't already full time.

Also, how come Alloa haven't offered Grehan a contract? He was supposed to be the next big thing at one point.

- Gaston, McLaughlin, O'Brien, Tidser, Bachirou, Reid & Dyer (if they sign)

- Campbell, Taggart, O'ware, McKee, Wallace.

That is how it is at the moment, with the development squad pushing for places as well. 13 young boys have been given full time contracts so a lot of them will be involved.

You understand that Campbell, Taggart and McKee all came from bigger clubs and won't be on chicken-feed? McKee came straight from the Championship, albeit he didn't play, so would have been on a lot more than any of our first team.

Reid and Dyer have had quite a long time to think about taking the pay-cut but I think if they were going to take it they'd have accepted it already rather than signing on for £71 p/w.

You understand that Campbell, Taggart and McKee all came from bigger clubs and won't be on chicken-feed? McKee came straight from the Championship, albeit he didn't play, so would have been on a lot more than any of our first team.

Reid and Dyer have had quite a long time to think about taking the pay-cut but I think if they were going to take it they'd have accepted it already rather than signing on for £71 p/w.

I do understand yes, I just put them in the middle group because of their age.

Archived