Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Young Men Putting Their Hands Down Their Trousers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Gnash

Gnash

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • My Team:Stirling Albion
Why do a lot of young men, from adolescents to men in their early thirties, openly put their hands down their trousers in public? And why does the phenomenon appear to be getting more common?

I am young man in the said age group, and I must admit I'd not adverse to putting my hand down there (outside the undergarments) for a scratch, for repositioning, for comfort, for whatever, but only in private. I realise that other people might frown on it, think it's something sexual or might even feel threatened by it, so I don't do it when other people are around.

Recent examples of the phenomenon I have observed include: a man walking down a busy street, a man sitting in a train and my brother sitting on our parents' sofa at a family gathering. The man on the train was even less inhibited than usual, clearly making significant hand movements while it was down there. I was shocked.

Ad Lib

Ad Lib

Fizbo is malcontent

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,045 posts
  • My Team:Partick Thistle
  • Gamertag:partickfan
As long as you don't then go to shake someone's hand, I really don't see the issue. If the baws are sticky they need a'shakin'.

I did this shit at college. You're wrong, just accept it and move on.

McKee

McKee

Settle for the draw

• Gold Members
  • 6,774 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton
Because walking about with a half-arsed weggie is one of the most uncomfortable things a man can face.

Cowden til i die

Cowden til i die

Undefined

• Gold Members
  • 14,771 posts
  • My Team:Cowdenbeath
I enjoy a good old scratch especially just after trimmin'. Tend not to do it in the street, mainly in the boozer.

When you got to go you got to go.

Gnash

Gnash

SPL Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • My Team:Stirling Albion

Because walking about with a half-arsed weggie is one of the most uncomfortable things a man can face.

I'm not talking about a quick, subtle rearrangement of underwear. I'm talking about a guy with his hand blatantly down the front of his trousers for more than a minute - 5 minutes in some cases.

city_gord

city_gord

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • My Team:Brechin City

I'm not talking about a quick, subtle rearrangement of underwear. I'm talking about a guy with his hand blatantly down the front of his trousers for more than a minute - 5 minutes in some cases.

I know what you mean. I have seen loads of people doing this recently, mainly neds mind you. I just assumed it was because they were so riddled with STI's that they had to have their hand there incase it falls off.

nessies long lost ghost

nessies long lost ghost

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,584 posts
  • My Team:Dundee
  • Gamertag:The Rourkenator

I know what you mean. I have seen loads of people doing this recently, mainly neds mind you. I just assumed it was because they were so riddled with STI's that they had to have their hand there incase it falls off.

:lol:

bopolopoluss1

bopolopoluss1

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
  • Gamertag:PS3: fineledge1
I'm guilty of this when i'm wearing shorts or trackie bottoms completely subconsciously, I instantly stop when I realise what i'm doing.

Mrs M

Mrs M

It's not Lupus

• Platinum Members
  • 23,535 posts
  • My Team:Clyde

As long as you don't then go to shake someone's hand, I really don't see the issue. If the baws are sticky they need a'shakin'.

Yeah, like you've ever gotten your baws sticky. :P

I think it's disgusting. I don't even like when my husband does it in the comfort of our living room. If my knickers need readjusting, I'll go elsewhere and do it without an audience. I cannot think of a single situation where anyone would say "We're all friends here. Of course you can stick your hand down your pants and shuffle your genitalia".

bullywee

bullywee

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts
i know a few people that do this as well.

back in sixth year some of us took first and second year football teams as part of a sports leadership course. one of my pals was standing at the side of the park during a game with his hands down his trousers, gripping his baws. it was at this point that one of the dads casually walked behind this guy muttering 'i wouldn't do that round here son' before taking up a new viewpoint of the game.

so be careful public baw-grippers, you're not far off a term in the jile.

Edited by bullywee, 26 April 2011 - 19:43.

dench.jpg

G_Man1985

G_Man1985

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 11,845 posts

I think it's disgusting. I don't even like when my husband does it in the comfort of our living room. If my knickers need readjusting, I'll go elsewhere and do it without an audience. I cannot think of a single situation where anyone would say "We're all friends here. Of course you can stick your hand down your pants and shuffle your genitalia".

Every women will no doubt agree with this. I too find it disgusting and im not to bad at it to be honest, a we adjustmeant quickly n that will be me

vikingTON

vikingTON

Not arrogant, just better

• Gold Members
  • 51,325 posts

I cannot think of a single situation where anyone would say "We're all friends here. Of course you can stick your hand down your pants and shuffle your genitalia".

One of my mates does this all the time, and while I'm quite comfortable with him doing what he feels the need to do, I think he might have a serious crabs problem going by the frequency of it.

There also appear to be wee neds who plant their hands down their kegs constantly, like Gnash I find it bizarre and maybe a little disturbing.

The Most Influential Poster in P&B History.

Just let that sink in.

The Master

The Master

My name...is The Master

• Gold Members
  • 15,617 posts
Their hands are in pubic, surely.

:ph34r:
25k4tbd.jpg Hands up if you're a clueless f**kwit

TheMaster@ThePub:~$ sudo apt-get install beer

Dunnie

Dunnie

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • My Team:Celtic
When I'm cold I do it all the time good heat like Posted Imagebut not usually in crowded places with strangers etc.

Pride Of The Clyde

Pride Of The Clyde

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
My daughter is in 6th year at school and she was playing basketball mixed with the boys at PE and when ever the ball was passed to her she wouldn't touch the ball, the teacher pulled her aside and asked her what the problem was, she told her she wasn't touching the ball because the boys never had their hands out their shorts and she wasn't touching the ball.
MON THE FOG

Ad Lib

Ad Lib

Fizbo is malcontent

• Gold Members
  • 32,045 posts

Sticky bollocks are an occupation hazard in summer for those of us who embrace the wondrous Y-front. They more than make up for it in other attributes, however, with excellent support and very useful insulation in winter. A man with Y-s does not freeze his baws off... he chills them.

Just to annoy the thread starter I went for a double hander on the walk home this evening, although no one was in eye-sight.

vikingTON

vikingTON

Not arrogant, just better

• Gold Members
  • 51,325 posts
Look at what you've done Mrs M. An in-depth discussion by Briefcase Will on briefs.

Thanks for that.

The Most Influential Poster in P&B History.

Just let that sink in.

th1stleandr0se

th1stleandr0se

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 5,087 posts
  • My Team:Linlithgow Rose

Sticky bollocks are an occupation hazard in summer for those of us who embrace the wondrous Y-front. They more than make up for it in other attributes, however, with excellent support and very useful insulation in winter. A man with Y-s does not freeze his baws off... he chills them.

Just to annoy the thread starter I went for a double hander on the walk home this evening, although no one was in eye-sight.

A double-hander? I'm impressed.

squidger

squidger

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • 4,603 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone
Surely a quick re-adjust using a pocket is the way to do it, pocket billiards if you will. That way there is at least a bit of cloth and slightly less manky than full hand contact, especially if you are about to go into a shop or that.

Poet of the Macabre

Poet of the Macabre

Jefferies' Babes

• Gold Members
  • 10,911 posts
  • My Team:Dunfermline
I used to get right nasty wedgies at work so I was always fidgeting, apparently hoping that the cloth would just release itself from my sweaty prison of an arse.

Then I realised that I don't give a shit about my work and just started blatantly sticking my hand down my breeks.

This Kingdom is ours.

Swampy

Swampy

Summer football is a rancid idea

• Gold Members
  • 36,538 posts

Why do a lot of young men, from adolescents to men in their early thirties, openly put their hands down their trousers in public? And why does the phenomenon appear to be getting more common?

I am young man in the said age group, and I must admit I'd not adverse to putting my hand down there (outside the undergarments) for a scratch, for repositioning, for comfort, for whatever, but only in private. I realise that other people might frown on it, think it's something sexual or might even feel threatened by it, so I don't do it when other people are around.

Recent examples of the phenomenon I have observed include: a man walking down a busy street, a man sitting in a train and my brother sitting on our parents' sofa at a family gathering. The man on the train was even less inhibited than usual, clearly making significant hand movements while it was down there. I was shocked.

So shocked you went a bit quiet before smartly walking to the train toilets?

I think the real question is why are you fucking staring?

ZexObsn.png

Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete

v v v Goal Machine

• Gold Members
  • 11,499 posts
  • My Team:Dumbarton

I thought this was just a neddy phenomenon, until last weekend when I was in Glasgow city centre and even the overly affected, "being a dickhead's cool", hipster brigade were at it.

It's bizarre. I can't think of any good reason why a guy would walk along the street with his hands, blatantly and purposefully, inside his boxers.

We will never forget you, Guido.

woodside

woodside

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • 3,364 posts
What the fuck man I never knew anyone still wore y-fronts, I remember one lad was outed in primary school and was quite rightfully ostracised.
You're not going to do yourself any favours with those bad boys if you ever do get the the point of undress with a female...

Mrs M

Mrs M

It's not Lupus

• Platinum Members
  • 23,535 posts

Alright! Crikey, I was only calling you a virgin. There was no need for that! :mellow:

Look at what you've done Mrs M. An in-depth discussion by Briefcase Will on briefs.

Thanks for that.

I am so, so sorry. :(

Mik

Mik

SPL Regular

• Gold Members
  • 3,450 posts
  • My Team:Celtic
Pocket pinch and roll or even over the trousers pinch and roll....

pinch and roll.

@Giv1888

Monster

Monster

Drei Streifen

• Gold Members
  • 26,011 posts
  • My Team:Troon

listen, you can work up a hell of a sweat beating your butler with a cane.

"The best way to get stronger is to lift up heavy things and put them down again"

Henry Rollins

dave258

dave258

( o )( o )

• Gold Members
  • 9,067 posts
  • My Team:Rangers
  • Gamertag:sexpest3000

My daughter is in 6th year at school and she was playing basketball mixed with the boys at PE and when ever the ball was passed to her she wouldn't touch the ball, the teacher pulled her aside and asked her what the problem was, she told her she wasn't touching the ball because the boys never had their hands out their shorts and she wasn't touching the ball.

Aye, but is she tidy?
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2010: -85.98
Gambling Diary Profit/Loss 2011: +44.54

Johnny van Axeldongen

Johnny van Axeldongen

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
It's probably some gangsta rap thing.

bullywee

bullywee

100 Scottish Caps

• Gold Members
  • 4,597 posts
yeah, this and the neck tattoos thread could probably be merged

dench.jpg

Ad Lib

Ad Lib

Fizbo is malcontent

• Gold Members
  • 32,045 posts

Alright! Crikey, I was only calling you a virgin. There was no need for that! :mellow:

Such an oft repeated insult that a life-times' mental scarring was the only responsible counter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users