Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Rangers in Sectarian chant SHOCKER

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,729 posts
  • My Team:Rangers

These desperate attempts by rangers to paint other folk with the bigot brush really are pathetic. Why can't the likes of Bain just admit they have a problem that they effectively can't get rid of instead of trying to hint at not being the only culprits?

I think he did admit Ranges have a problem...You have read his statement i take it?
The Badge on the front of the Jerseys

Is more important than the names on the back

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

Ah, that clears it up, I stand chastened and corrected. :blink:

Let me surmise, h*ns are precious little souls who are persecuted for sectarianism and therefore will take any opportunities to cry sectarianism at all and sundry.

As such I should change my outlook and vocabulary to accomodate them. As I said, f*ck them. F*ck them hard.

You really don't get it...No point explaining it to you so carry on Bigot.

Canon Hannon

Canon Hannon

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian
  • Gamertag:Erin Go Bragh - Hibernian's motto

You know it's true. Hertz fans must be quite concerned with this, their big brother is in trouble.

I have to agree. Hearts fans will laugh and mock. But their sectarian issues and financial meltdown are for real.

UEFA and the SFA will be investigating HMFC if they keep singing the sectarian songs.

Unless some of their fans grow balls and weed the scumbags out.
Hearts 0, Hibernian 7, New Years Day 1973.
A Carlsberg day.

whiskychimp

whiskychimp

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

It is ridiculous that H*n is now considered a sectarian term

You really don't get it...No point explaining it to you so carry on Bigot.

I clearly don't get it. I will carry on with my bigoted, non sectarian language.

Canon Hannon

Canon Hannon

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

If Hertz had any sense they'd try to stamp out that shite while it's clearly on the rise in their support. They already gained wordwide attention when they disrupted the minutes silence for JPII. I honestly think it's only a matter of time before the the h*n element in the Hertz support is the majority.

There is an underlying element of H*nnish behaiour but not near as bad as at Ibrox. I agree they can rise to the occasion and embarass themselves like the minute silence and Hello hello belted out by 2 or 3000 at ER.

The true bigots in Scotland have limited time left which is fabulous. We will watch as they are rooted out for the scum that they are. UEFA has started the ball rolling.
A Carlsberg day.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

I skimmed through it. But from what I can gather he's made no commitments as to how rangers can get rid of the problem and also alluded to rangers not being the only culprits as far as sectarianism goes. Surely he should have said we'll weed out and ban those who sing sectarian songs and provided examples of other clubs who sing them.

I agree about the whataboutery and have made my views clear on the various threads in the OF section.

On the issue of making commitments to weed them out well Rangers have been praised by UEFA in the past for the steps they have taken to rid the club of these supporters. OF course more can be done and i am hopeful more will be done.

I am not exactly sure what more Rangers can do though..As a supporter i have told people to stop singing in the past and told someone to take down a UDA flag..Ibrox is not the place for this kinda thing.

I think he is questioning where the complaint came from..The UEFA representatives praised the supports behaviour after the game so why now are we beinginvestigated..Various police chiefs have praised the travelling support this season. I didn't see the Spurs v Madrid game but seemingly the Spurs support abused Adebayour but UEFA said they were helpless to act as the match represntatives had not reported it.

Bain doesn't need to name clubs with a racist / sectarian element within their support..UEFA will know who they are.

These idiots are not going to go away overnight and tbh i doubt they care if the club are fined/banned..They are bigots and use Ibrox as a focal point to air their political/sectarian views and see it as their right..I know the argument that the club have cashed in on this in the past..I suppose they did after the formation of celtic..Rangers became a focal point for Scottish Unionism and Rangers grew to what they were in the 1980s through this BUT that Rangers board are long gone and the club have moved on but we are still lumbered with these idiots. We have come a long way since the 70s/80s but still have a way to go.. Call me an optimist but i think within 5 years it will be a thing of the past. I see in my sons generation(hes 14) that they don't sing the songs and have no interest in the sectarian baggage that comes with the club

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

I clearly don't get it. I will carry on with my bigoted, non sectarian language.

The word H*n is banned from here for a reason..I personally think it is ridiculous but it is now classed as sectarian insult in this country. Of course you knew this though but still choose to use it.

whiskychimp

whiskychimp

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock

The word H*n is banned from here for a reason..I personally think it is ridiculous but it is now classed as sectarian insult in this country. Of course you knew this though but still choose to use it.

Bored. This has nothing to do with the thread. My use of language has nothing at all to do with my original point. Bored, yawn, bored. Thanks for the insight though, princess.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

I agree it won't go away over night but I think the only route the club can go down is to ban anyone who sings a song that is constituted as sectarian. Will piss off a lot of people but rangers are running out of options. People can still treat rangers as a focal point for unionism if they like but they don't need to be bigots at the same time. I'm a Republican Hibee but I abhor sectarianism and I realise Hibs are a football club, nothing more. Most other Hibs fans don't agree with me at all, but Hibs are a broad church, they have every right to. As for the baggage that goes along with supporting rangers, it is still prevalent amongst the young, when I was at school it was anyway.

The club do ban anyone convicted of sectarian crime..They ban anybody picked out by the police / Stewards for shouting sectarian abuse. That is another problem we have...Police keep telling us they are adopting a zero tolerance policy on this prior to an OF game but they never carry it through. I know as i have sat there as they turn their back when something is shouted..Lift the b*****ds!!!

I don't care how many bigots they piss off...These people have no place at Ibrox or any other football ground for that matter. There are organisations out there that would welcome them with open arms..Why don't they f**k off there and give us all peace.

Reverend Maynard

Reverend Maynard

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • My Team:Dundee Utd

The club do ban anyone convicted of sectarian crime..They ban anybody picked out by the police / Stewards for shouting sectarian abuse. That is another problem we have...Police keep telling us they are adopting a zero tolerance policy on this prior to an OF game but they never carry it through. I know as i have sat there as they turn their back when something is shouted..Lift the b*****ds!!!

I don't care how many bigots they piss off...These people have no place at Ibrox or any other football ground for that matter. There are organisations out there that would welcome them with open arms..Why don't they f**k off there and give us all peace.

Plenty of chat along the lines of "what more can rangers do?". The above post points to the answer; plenty!

If the stewards/polis lack the bottle to do wade in and lift folk, then give them video cameras, film the individuals singing the songs, and then cancel their season tickets and ban then from Ibrox. (name and shame on club website?)

we're talking about a few hundred fans here. Once the message gets out that the club is really stepping it's game up on this issue the sectarian singing will die out.

And another thing. If Rangers are (??) the biggest club in Scotland then they have to show some serious leadership in this area and take real action and marginalise these bigots.

Take the moral high ground , you never know, you might like it up there!

Captain_Sensible

Captain_Sensible

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 14,924 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
The term hun is NOT a sectarian insult.

The term hun is a derogatory term for Rangers fans. Rangers FC is not a relgious sect.

James Traynor, Daily Record, 13th June 2012:
"Rangers FC will slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died."

Stock Exchange announcement 23rd April 2013:

Rangers International Football Club plc ("Rangers", the "Group" or the "Club")

Canon Hannon

Canon Hannon

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Well said No8.
A very brave post.
A Carlsberg day.

Guest_Kincardine_*

Guest_Kincardine_*
  • Surfer

The term hun is a derogatory term for Rangers fans. Rangers FC is not a relgious sect.

You're clearly part of the problem.

Huck The Fibs

Huck The Fibs

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • My Team:Heart of Midlothian

I agree it won't go away over night but I think the only route the club can go down is to ban anyone who sings a song that is constituted as sectarian. Will piss off a lot of people but rangers are running out of options. People can still treat rangers as a focal point for unionism if they like but they don't need to be bigots at the same time. I'm a Republican Hibee but I abhor sectarianism and I realise Hibs are a football club, nothing more. Most other Hibs fans don't agree with me at all, but Hibs are a broad church, they have every right to. As for the baggage that goes along with supporting rangers, it is still prevalent amongst the young, when I was at school it was anyway.

Oh, my sides. Absolutely hilarious. You're the most bigoted c**t on this board with your IRA-backing.

Jog on, your lying faced arsehole. :rolleyes:

Neil Doncaster - RESIGN for the fans.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

Bigot :P

I'll show you the way out of the darkness..C'mon Captain and join the 21st century ;)

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 24,729 posts

Plenty of chat along the lines of "what more can rangers do?". The above post points to the answer; plenty!

If the stewards/polis lack the bottle to do wade in and lift folk, then give them video cameras, film the individuals singing the songs, and then cancel their season tickets and ban then from Ibrox. (name and shame on club website?)

we're talking about a few hundred fans here. Once the message gets out that the club is really stepping it's game up on this issue the sectarian singing will die out.

And another thing. If Rangers are (??) the biggest club in Scotland then they have to show some serious leadership in this area and take real action and marginalise these bigots.

Take the moral high ground , you never know, you might like it up there!

But Rangers have the whole stadium covered by Cameras and the Police are in charge of this...Rangers and the courts have handed it to the police on a plate and they don't use it. This is a major point here. Rangers can only do so much to discourage it but as you say after a couple of dozen get banned others will fall into line...If they don't? f**k Them..Ban them till they learn!!

Rangers v Falkirk League Cup semi a few years back at Hampden..Some drunken tit who obvioulsy had never been to a game in his life was falling about blootered and singing all the shit we used to hear. He must have been reported about a dozen times before they finally lifted him..There was a cheer as he was led away. I am sure..in fact i know the attitudes have changes at Ibrox amongst the vast majority of the support and more bigots ejected from the stadium would be welcomed.

Another problem with all this is where do you draw the line...TBB is banned but The Sash is allowed...'WDYGH' is banned but Derrys Walls is allowed. Who decides what is sectarian and what isn't? I am led to believe the song UEFA are looking into is 'Build My Gallows' and as far as i know there are no sectarian lyrics to that song. This is very much a grey area and it needs to be cleared up. It is no use saying 'you know what is right or wrong'..As an away support are you going to be happy to be lifted and banned for singing 'Go home you ****'?

I don't claim to have all the answers but something has to be done and done now regardless of the outcome of this investigation

Unleash The Nade

Unleash The Nade

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,786 posts
Why have the last few posts just been removed from this thread?

Some members have been banned for less than the bigoted remark just posted by Saor.

Hope this isn't a cover up attempt ,as it shows what a bitter bigot he really is

Edited by Unleash The Nade, 09 April 2011 - 21:56.

7th April 2014; Bambino wrote .."I'm not defending him.  I love Prague and all it stands for.  I used to live there.   I hate the song and how ignorant and stupid it makes the wankers that sing the song look.  It's not racist though.   Skacel's not a refugee." 

Huck The Fibs

Huck The Fibs

Third Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Why have the last few posts just been removed from this thread?

Some members have been banned for less than the bigoted remark just posted by Saor.

Hope this isn't a cover up attempt ,as it shows what a bitter bogot he really is

I think it's probably just being 'dealt with' by the Mods, let's leave them to take care of it.

I couldn't care a jot as to what Saor thinks Hearts fans are, he seems to live in a sad wee world where everyone's either a massive CAFFLIK like him or they're SCUM.

Horrendous chat.

Neil Doncaster - RESIGN for the fans.

Unleash The Nade

Unleash The Nade

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,786 posts

I think it's probably just being 'dealt with' by the Mods, let's leave them to take care of it.

Hope so,as gave them the opportunity to get rid of one of the most offensive posters on P&B

7th April 2014; Bambino wrote .."I'm not defending him.  I love Prague and all it stands for.  I used to live there.   I hate the song and how ignorant and stupid it makes the wankers that sing the song look.  It's not racist though.   Skacel's not a refugee." 

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
This thread is hilarious. All this tit for tat, the green cheek going on about 'the moral high ground', you couldn't make it up. Moral high ground in what context? Moral high ground to the blue cheek? That's not really an achievement.

And that permatan Bain trying to swap out the terms of the charge from 'sectarian' to 'offensive' so he can drag other teams into the debate is laughable. Thats a move that Blair and Bush would have been proud of.

Suck it up Glasgow, this lowbrow, lower caste, feral, juvenile way of life has always been a joke to the rest of us and it just so happens that Uefa have noticed one particularly retarded aspect of rangers' default norm and have taken it to task. Hopefully Uefa will ban them altogether from Europe.

There is no moral high ground on this issue, just a giant social disaster zone that ruins Scotland, and rangers and celtic are the focal point of that. Don't forget to wear your football tops to Asda like stupid perennially adolescent morons.

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do

• Gold Members
  • 10,287 posts
  • My Team:Hamilton Academical

This thread is hilarious. All this tit for tat, the green cheek going on about 'the moral high ground', you couldn't make it up. Moral high ground in what context? Moral high ground to the blue cheek? That's not really an achievement.

And that permatan Bain trying to swap out the terms of the charge from 'sectarian' to 'offensive' so he can drag other teams into the debate is laughable. Thats a move that Blair and Bush would have been proud of.

Suck it up Glasgow, this lowbrow, lower caste, feral, juvenile way of life has always been a joke to the rest of us and it just so happens that Uefa have noticed one particularly retarded aspect of rangers' default norm and have taken it to task. Hopefully Uefa will ban them altogether from Europe.

There is no moral high ground on this issue, just a giant social disaster zone that ruins Scotland, and rangers and celtic are the focal point of that. Don't forget to wear your football tops to Asda like stupid perennially adolescent morons.

Outstanding post.

Patrick Bateman - seems really boring and acts as though P&B is his life.

SEETHING

SEETHING

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

:o

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

7XFMF.gif

Seething I like your honesty and strength in character

Reverend Maynard

Reverend Maynard

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

The term *** is NOT a sectarian insult.

The term *** is a derogatory term for Rangers fans. Rangers FC is not a relgious sect.

You're onto something there. In Dundee in the 70's & 80's one of the gangs were the Hulltoon ****. Rangers supporters? I don't think so. (Off the top of my head Dundee had shams, fleet, pack & ****) So simliar to the west coast "tongs"

I'm happy to be corrected by someone more in the know, but *** is a derogatory name for rangers fans, nothing more. The point is, that in the tit for tat war between the OF, it is offensive to those fans. ( but not recognised in law in the way that sectarian or racist terms are?)

That's why rangers have to get their act together.

Reverend Maynard

Reverend Maynard

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

West coast media talk about sectarinism being Scotland's problem. Err no, just Glasgow's and it's post industrial satelitte towns. ( some would say post industrial wasteland but that might be a bit harsh...No, maybe not);)

dorlomin

dorlomin

International Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

I'm happy to be corrected by someone more in the know, but *** is a derogatory name for rangers fans, nothing more. The point is, that in the tit for tat war between the OF, it is offensive to those fans. ( but not recognised in law in the way that sectarian or racist terms are?)

That's why rangers have to get their act together.

If you are refering to Hotel Uniform November, then it is a derogatory term for a protestant in Nothern Ireland that has been imported across the water to be used against the Rangers fans. It turns up in several well known Irish songs including The Foggy Dew "and "The Rifles of the IRA" (although not all versions of that song).

Also sectarianism is not really about religion, it is about 'Irish' vs 'Loyal Scottish'. People are not getting stabbed over the subtlties between the difference over the holy sacraments and the vows of chastity for priests. Its over tribal identity and as such words that are used to demark tribal identity should be taken as beyond the pale.

Edited by dorlomin, 10 April 2011 - 20:13.

Officially Scotlands most successful club.

HibeeJibee

HibeeJibee

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 33,564 posts
  • My Team:Berwick Rangers
I'm loving the way the rather half-hearted attempt being made by some Rangers fans and the lower-end tabloids to 'defend' the club, revolves round nothing more than [1] "it were a grass who dobbed us in", [2] "we're not the only ones doing it", [4] "we've sang bad things before and not got hammerred", [4] "and this bad song isn't even particularly bad compared to others"!!

and when told Lord Jeffrey burst into tears, and sprang to his feet, and he exclaimed in a tone of triumph

"I am proud of my country. There is no other upon earth where such a deed could have been done"

andrewh

andrewh

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone

If you are refering to Hotel Uniform November, then it is a derogatory term for a protestant in Nothern Ireland that has been imported across the water to be used against the Rangers fans. It turns up in several well known Irish songs including The Foggy Dew "and "The Rifles of the IRA" (although not all versions of that song).

Also sectarianism is not really about religion, it is about 'Irish' vs 'Loyal Scottish'. People are not getting stabbed over the subtlties between the difference over the holy sacraments and the vows of chastity for priests. Its over tribal identity and as such words that are used to demark tribal identity should be taken as beyond the pale.

That comes over as a well informed post. I haven't checked the facts because its hard to believe that a Rangers fan is capable of intelligently articulating a point and I'm too shocked. :lol:

However, who cares? The OF, the catholic/protestant thing? Glasgow/West of Scotland? Whatever way you see it, it is sick.
Their behaviour is disgusting on both sides. Pathetic, childish and stupid.
If we stopped giving them attention maybe we'd hear less about it.
We certainly will never stop sectarianism and the hatred that goes along with it. It's too ingrained and the lesser minds who practice it are unteachable and unreachable.
Our political masters can try all they like, but they are also the ones who think we can have 'dialogue' with another religion whose stated intent is world dominion. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users