Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

I remember watching the cricket a few years ago, and the commentary team were bigging up the potential of a certain young English batsman (whose name escapes me). Michael Holding agreed that he was a good player, "but by now we should be talking about his achievements, not his potential."

It seems to me that after every failed qualification campaign, or with every new initiative about about developing/ updating the Scottish game, you can listen to Sportsound or read the papers and there's bound to be people talking about the potential of the emerging generation of players, telling us that we've got a good batch coming though. But what have any of them achieved, really?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Donald Love getting his top flight debut just now for MU.

Great news...

Born and bred in Rochdale but has represented Scottish youth sides. Get him in the senior squad before he changes allegiances to England!

Didn't have a wonderful debut IMO - Trevor Francis picked him out as making a 'terrible' mistake not long after coming on. Be interesting to see how quickly he reappears - United's right back crisis could see him starting this week.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Didn't have a wonderful debut IMO - Trevor Francis picked him out as making a 'terrible' mistake not long after coming on. Be interesting to see how quickly he reappears - United's right back crisis could see him starting this week.

Indeed but you have to consder that Francis is moaning b*****d.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer