Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

Gotta love the BBC website when you can find some old Scotland B international match reports, amazing how many shite players have turned out for us over the years

Turkey B 1-1 Scotland B, Feb 2003

Scotland B: Gallacher, Stockdale, Webster, Malcolm, Gary Caldwell, Williams, Gray, Nicholson, Kyle, Hutchison, Harper. Subs: Stillie, McAllister, Canero, Doig, Noble, Wilson, Cummings, Arthur.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/2798677.stm

Scotland future squad 2-1 Northern Ireland B, May 2003

Scotland B: Gallacher, Alexander, Naysmith, Dailly, Stephen Caldwell, Gary Caldwell, Devlin, Kerr, Kyle, Hutchison, McFadden. Subs: Arthur, Gray, Ross, Fletcher, Noble, Lynch, Soutar.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/3042623.stm

Scotland future 0-1 Germany future , October 2003

Scotland Future: Neil Alexander, Stockdale, McAllister, Nicholson, Anderson, Wilkie, Kerr, Gray, Ian Murray, McManus, O'Connor. Subs: Stillie, Gallagher, Boyd, O'Brien, McGovern, McGuire, Wilson, Soutar

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/3207580.stm

Scotland future 1-1 Turkey future, December 2003

Scotland Future: Gordon, Murty, McAllister, Stephen Caldwell, Webster, Gary Caldwell, Scott Murray, Canero, McCulloch, Severin, Pearson. Subs: Shearer, Shields, McManus, McIndoe, Greer, Mair, Soutar.

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/3253966.stm

Scotland future 2-3 Turkey future, March 2006

Scotland: Mark Brown (Inverness CT); Martyn Corrigan (Motherwell), Adam Virgo (Celtic), Christophe Berra (Hearts), Steven Hammell (Motherwell); Steven Naismith (Kilmarnock), Brian Kerr (Motherwell), Barry Robson (Dundee Utd), Michael McIndoe (Doncaster); Lee Miller (Dundee Utd), Craig Dargo (Inverness CT).

Substitutes: Iain Turner (Everton), David McNamee (Livingston), Ian Black (Inverness CT), John Rankin (Ross County), Darryl Duffy (Hull City).

http://news.bbc.co.u...als/4789108.stm

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Republic of Ireland B 0-0 Scotland B, November 2006 (look at the irish keeper)

Scotland B: Gallacher, Whittaker, Webster, Broadfoot, Steven Smith, Naismith, Stewart, Scott Brown, Clark, Pearson, Boyd Subs: Mark Brown, Greer, McEveley, Adam, Miller.

http://news.bbc.co.u...als/6149066.stm

Scotland B 2-2 Finland B, February 2007

Scotland B: Gallacher (Langfield 46), Hutton, McEveley (Barr 61), S Brown (Fowler 68), Greer, Broadfoot, Clark, Maloney, Beattie (Mackie 68), Thomson (Adam 61), Pearson (Gow 61).

Goals: Maloney 11, Gow 64.

http://news.bbc.co.u...als/6337999.stm

Scotland B 1-1 Republic of Ireland B, November 2007

Scotland B: Smith, McNaughton, Armstrong, Berra, Dods (Collins 46), Stewart (Broadfoot 72), Whittaker (McCormack 68), Thomson (Adam 46), Iwelumo (Fletcher 60), Howard, Wallace.

Subs Not Used: Samson.

Booked: Wallace, Armstrong.

Goal: Howard 83.

http://news.bbc.co.u...als/7100835.stm

Scotland B 3-0 Northern Ireland B, May 2009

No full line ups for some reason, but George Boyd did start and score for Scotland

http://news.bbc.co.u...als/8032629.stm

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Republic of Ireland B 0-0 Scotland B, November 2006 (look at the irish keeper)

Scotland B: Gallacher, Whittaker, Webster, Broadfoot, Steven Smith, Naismith, Stewart, Scott Brown, Clark, Pearson, Boyd.<br style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Subs: Mark Brown, Greer, McEveley, Adam, Miller.[/font]

Great players IMO. Should have been given more of a chance.

Edited by djchapsticks

Back before the Tories attempted to extinguish the BBC, Gavin Strachan wrote a good blog post about the kind of praise he and his team-motes got in the U21s. Some of them went on to Premier League fame, while for some (Strachan included) it was in retrospect the best point of their careers.

• 1 year later...

Arthur tongue.gif

Ross Webster Rushford Naysmith

Fletcher Murray Pearson Stewart

2 from Miller Maloney and McFadden

Anyone who's not heard of Gavin Rushford will have in a few years time. He's currently the youngest player to have played in the SPL and is one of the best young prospects in the country.

Seems he's famous nowhttp://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/210389-gavin-rushford/?hl=rushford

What about Davey at Chelsea and Love at Man United for the defence?Hope they can kick on and become good bye that time.

Harper at Real Madrid for midfield and Feruz at Chelsea up front to,be happy if they done enough to get games and get in.

• 1 year later...
I will give it a bash actually

Craig Gordon

Lee Wallace

Christophe Berra

Alex Pearce

Alan Hutton

Robert Snodgrass

Darren Fletcher

Scott Brown

John Fleck

Ross McCormack

James McFadden

Subs:

David Marshall

Steven Whittaker

Brian Easton

Liam Cooper

Kevin McDonald

Barry Bannan

Graeme Dorrans

Paul Coutts

Bradden Inman

Leigh Griffiths

Craig King

Alex MacDonald

6 years ago, I predicted this line up for 2015. Only about 5 or 6 correct squad players

We don't start players early enough sometimes.

The presenter at Gibraltar game made a point that Andy Robertson was only starter under 26. Realistically only definite starters imo under 25 atm are Robertson and Hanley.

Hopefully players like Harper, Gauld, Armstrong, Patterson etc can make the step up in the near future. I'd like to see Strachan experiment with young fresh talent in some of the friendlies because he knows what the current squad can do. Get them in and see what they can do.

We don't start players early enough sometimes.

The presenter at Gibraltar game made a point that Andy Robertson was only starter under 26. Realistically only definite starters imo under 25 atm are Robertson and Hanley.

Hopefully players like Harper, Gauld, Armstrong, Patterson etc can make the step up in the near future. I'd like to see Strachan experiment with young fresh talent in some of the friendlies because he knows what the current squad can do. Get them in and see what they can do.

Totally agree, if we book up a double header friendly and go for this approach, even if we find just one player who looks cut out for the international game then it's a win. I know people will say it's be rankings-points suicide, but it doesn't need to be kamikaze: as well as youngster you could give guys like Rhodes and Griffiths, Reynolds and Charlie Adam the chance to stake a claim too.

I'll have a go, can't be as bad as some of the earlier ones.

Bain

Robertson/shinnie

Hanley

Love? (I don't know much about him, just a guess)

Paterson?

Jack

Armstrong

Mackay-steven

Gauld

King?

May/Naismith/Watt

Question marks on players/positions I'm not sure about

Edited by Wilkinson1998

Will give this a shot.

Bain/Marshall

Paterson Caulker Hanley Robertson

MacLeod Jack

Gauld Christie Armstrong

Griffiths

Its pretty impossible to guess :lol: . Hanely and Robertson are stick ons unless they get bad injuries. Need to hope we can convert guys like Caulker to play for us. Or hope some English teams have some pretty talented 16 year old Scots ready to break into the first team in the next couple of years. What happened to that boy Gallagher at Southampton?

Centre half x 2

right back

centre mid

striker

Are the glaring positions.

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

Assuming we're still playing 4-2-3-1

Bain

Paterson

Souttar

Hanley

Robertson

McArthur

Jack

Fraser

Armstrong

O'Halloran

Rhodes

With what we have to look at as of 2015 I think Bain, Paterson, Jack, Fraser and Armstrong are pretty much next-in-line replacements for the current players, even if some of them do look very raw.

Who partners Hanley is possibly the obvious long term concern right now. Russell Martin will be 34 come 2020 and to be fair it's not out of the question for centre halfs to continue playing at a good level at that age. Younger options would be the likes of Wilson, Souttar and maybe Cooper at Leeds; I've plumped for Souttar because regular gametime at Scottish top flight level puts him at a big advantage over other players his age, and I'd give performances like the raping he took a couple of weeks ago at Firhill down to inexperience and lack of competent teammate(s) who could help guide him through tougher games. Wilson could come back into contention but he's looked average at best for Hearts and Sevco over the last two/three seasons at a time where he really needs to be kicking on. At least he's playing games.

Attacking midfield and wingers are looking like our most promising positions, and I think Ryan Fraser will turn into a cracking player. He's currently 21, playing regularly and scoring goals at the high end of the English Championship, which makes him one of our most exciting prospects. He'd be my surest pick to be a starter and key player for 2022 qualifying.

Armstrong looks a talented all round midfielder and I'd imagine will be starting games in the next campaign.

On his day O'Halloran just looks like a perfect fit for Scotland. I wanted to take a bit of a punt on him here but he'll need a move to a higher level pretty soon, which isn't all that unlikely on the back of recent form.

Up front I think will be between Griffiths and Rhodes who will both be about 30, and I can see them still playing at a similar level as they're at now. Behind them you could say Tony Watt perhaps, but he's a fanny and I don't like him. Maybe Robbie Muirhead will come good under the right manager but he still looks very rough around the edges, and I'm not sure if he's ever lasted a full game without blowing out his arse by the end. His height, strength and timing of runs look very good though, and I'd like Thistle to try him up front before his loan spell ends.

To chuck another few speculative, FM inspired names in: Robbie/Ross McCrorie, Ryan Hardie, Harry Cardwell.

Will give this a shot.

Bain/Marshall

Paterson Caulker Hanley Robertson

MacLeod Jack

Gauld Christie Armstrong

Griffiths

Its pretty impossible to guess :lol: . Hanely and Robertson are stick ons unless they get bad injuries. Need to hope we can convert guys like Caulker to play for us. Or hope some English teams have some pretty talented 16 year old Scots ready to break into the first team in the next couple of years. What happened to that boy Gallagher at Southampton?

Centre half x 2

right back

centre mid

striker

Are the glaring positions.

Hasn't Caulker already been capped by England?

Sam Gallagher is currently on loan at MK Dons.

ETA Caulker has 1 cap and 1 goal for England.

Edited by C. Muir