Future Scotland Team

froggybinos

Anyone who's not heard of Gavin Rushford will have in a few years time. He's currently the youngest player to have played in the SPL and is one of the best young prospects in the country.

Now plays for 'County Thistle' in the Strathclyde Saturday Morning Amateur League.

Scotland team 2018;

Bell (31)

Duffie (26) Wilson (27) Hanley (27) McHattie (25)

Forrest (27) Paterson (24) McGeouch (25) GMS (28)

Watt (25) Rhodes (28)

Andrew Shinnie, Leigh Griffiths, Graham Dorrans, Matt Phillips, Johnny Russell, James McArthur, Barry Bannan. Liam Bridcutt and others who are around the 21-23 mark now.

Islam Feruz, Kenny McLean, Stuart Armstrong, Scott Allan, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Stuart Findlay etc from u-21 squad would all be in contention.

Hopefully there'll be a couple of gems we haven't heard of yet and a few foreigners who turn out to be Scottish thrown into the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by players who have been reasonably involved at international level already, by 2018/2020 I reckon we will be picking from

GK - C. Bell, D.Marshall

DF - D.Wilson, G. Hanley, C.Mulgrew, L.Wallace, P.Dixon, P. Hanlon

MF - R.Snodgrass, J McArthur, B.Bannan, G.Dorrans, B. MacKay, F. Fyvie, J. Forrest, S.Armstrong, J.Murphy, L. Stevenson

FW - T.Watt, L. Giffiths, J.Rhodes, S.Fletcher, D.Goodwillie, J. Russell, S.Naismith, I. Feruz, D.McGeough, M.Phillips

Really hope we uncover some goalkeepers and defenders over next 2/3 years. I think midfield and forward options look good although most of these guys will be wrong side of 30 come 2020!

Lot if folk seem to be missing out Armstrong.....

Scotland captain in 5 years time (my bold prediction).

I included him, but I'd say Mulgrew, Wallace or McArthur for captain depending where their careers take them over next 3/4 years!

Edited by Chief

Definitely?

Neither player has played a senior match - it's too early to know whether they will be able to make the step up from youth football.

Jack Harper has just signed a 5 year contract with Real Madrid, if he isn't playing for them chances are he'll find another rather good team, he's 16 atm so that contract will take him up to 21.

Islam Feruz will end up signing for Celtic etc if he doesn't make it at Chelsea so it's quite feasible for him to be playing in 5 years time.

I think GMS needs to go to a team where there isn't immediate pressure and scrutiny on him, and specifically hisrealative injury proneness. He is a player who is going to spend maybe 7+ weeks of the season every year, it's just part of his make-up. Constant media attention and pressure about it will not help him. A low profile club like Wigan would be good. Shaun Maloney suffers from the same sort of fragility and being at a club like that gets the best out of him.

Jack Harper has just signed a 5 year contract with Real Madrid, if he isn't playing for them chances are he'll find another rather good team, he's 16 atm so that contract will take him up to 21.

Islam Feruz will end up signing for Celtic etc if he doesn't make it at Chelsea so it's quite feasible for him to be playing in 5 years time.

Or they could both break their legs and never play again Alex Notman style.

Lot if folk seem to be missing out Armstrong.....

Scotland captain in 5 years time (my bold prediction).

Equally no-one has mentioned Scott Allan, as good a player as Armstrong when he left United (I say that through gritted teeth).

Playing fairly regularly for Portsmouth on loan from West Brom and looked good any time I say him playing for the Under 21s.

Equally no-one has mentioned Scott Allan, as good a player as Armstrong when he left United (I say that through gritted teeth).

Playing fairly regularly for Portsmouth on loan from West Brom and looked good any time I say him playing for the Under 21s.

Hopefully he starts getting games at a higher level soon. It's often better when Scottish youngsters go down south to a Championship side as they have more chance of first team football. I have noticed though that Fyvie has managed to get on bench recently for Wigan.