Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Ewen Cameron response to Stan Collymore's dig at Rangers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

PaisleyBear

PaisleyBear

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • My Team:Rangers
  • Gamertag:PSN: iScoTT__x
http://www.realradio...xdht/blog-1164/

I'm going to keep my blog short and sweet this week.

Scottish football has been getting dog’s abuse for the last few months but not anymore. Rangers have restored some much needed pride after their brilliant 0-0 draw against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford on Matchday One of the Champions League.

Our European club campaign got off to the worst possible start with Celtic, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Hibs all crashing out before we’d all returned from our summer holidays. I did expect a lot more from the Hoops though. Their capitulation to Braga and Utrecht gave the gutter snipes in the media, especially down south, an opportunity to have a right good laugh at our game in Scotland.

So there was no great surprise when those very same media people had the cheek and audacity to slag off Rangers for ‘parking the bus’ at the Theatre of Dreams and getting a superb result. Who do they think they are?

Stan Collymore was one of the main culprits with his lambasting of Walter Smith’s tactics. He’s got a cheek. Like a rabid dog he tore shreds out of Rangers. Stan, before shouting your mouth off about Rangers please take a closer look at your over-hyped Premiership and its many substandard clubs.

I could bore you all with the many discrepancies between Man Utd and Rangers financially but I won't bother as any halfwit with half a brain can see the gulf in class on the pitch and in the spending power of each team. Instead I will show up Mr Collymore for what he is and the word begins with a capital 'H'.

Were Walter Smith's tactics unique to him when going to one of the biggest club teams in the world? Stan, I’ll let the Man Utd and England captain Rio Ferdinand answer that question for you;

“Rangers came here to set their stall up and defend and maybe nick a goal on the counter attack and you have to respect that. They did well at what they came to do but we had some shots on the edge of the box. Our final ball probably wasn’t as good as it should’ve been today to get the three points. Saying that, we had a few shots that went close from outside the box.”

Ferdinand also explained that United had anticipated the Scottish champions would take that approach to the game and play for the draw at Old Trafford.

“We expected it, we knew they’d come and play with one up front but we’ve had that for a long time. A lot of clubs come here and do that and we deal with it, but today we just didn’t manage to get the goal we wanted.”

Stan, here's another little bit of info for you.

One of the greatest managers in recent times apologised to the fans for ‘parking the bus’ against Man Utd in the Champions League at the San Siro in 2009. Who do you think it was?

I’ll give you another little clue to his name. The date: Wednesday, 28th April, 2010. The venue: Nou Camp. The game: Barcelona v Inter Milan. The stats: Possession - Barca 76%. Inter 24%. The Italians didn’t have one shot on or off target in the entire 90 minutes. His tactics were described as a 'defensive masterclass'.

Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben was also very critical of the negative tactics of the manager in question. The Dutch winger said that the Portuguese manager ''is only interested in winning and does not care about his teams style of play''.

Dutch legend Johan Cruyff believes that this man 'has a duty to produce a team that not only wins, but also entertains'.

Cruyff went onto say: "He's a very good practical coach. But in his position he should think about the performances too. The result is not the only thing a big team should be thinking about."

The info keeps coming Stan... Real Madrid beat Osasuna 1-0 at home on the opening weekend of La Liga thanks to a second-half goal from new signing Ricardo Carvalho. As the team left the pitch at the end of the scoreless first half, though, Real Madrid fans 'jeered' the defensive style of football.

Guessed who the manager is yet? Still struggling to sniff out the answer? I’ll give you another clue to this former Premiership manager that parted ways with a London club: "The board, Roman Abramovich and the directors were frustrated by the results this season and also the style of play. They wanted stylish football. They wanted football which appealed to the world and they weren't getting it."

Stan, here's the killer quote from YOU on May 23rd, 2010 in The Mirror newspaper: "Hero of the weekend is ???????????. The ex-Chelsea boss is a managerial genius as he underlined by winning the Champions League with Inter Milan."

Stan, the answer to all the above clues is the ‘Special One’ Jose Mourinho whose defensive style is widely sneered at. But his 'hard to beat' tactics are also praised by pundits all over the world and by YOU! The word that springs to mind is hypocrite.

Now given the above facts, stats and quotes do you not now feel like a prized plum for your over the top reaction to the Scottish champions defensive display against a starting 11 that cost over £90 million?

Stan, you stick to the car park and we’ll stick to football.

The views in this blog are those of Ewen Cameron and not Real Radio.

The Arch

The Arch

"Journo cock"

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts
  • My Team:Partick Thistle
Zzzzzz.

Too long.

PaisleyBear

PaisleyBear

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Gamertag:PSN: iScoTT__x

Zzzzzz.

Too long.

TruePosted Image you would need to be generally interested in it to be bothered to read it all, long story short stan collymore is a hypocrite because he praised Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan at the Nou Camp and slagged Rangers for the same tactics at Old TraffordPosted Image

Kris Boyd

Kris Boyd

LUNDQVIST

• Gold Members
  • 5,943 posts

I’ll give you another little clue to his name. The date: Wednesday, 28th April, 2010. The venue: Nou Camp. The game: Barcelona v Inter Milan. The stats: Possession - Barca 76%. Inter 24%. The Italians didn’t have one shot on or off target in the entire 90 minutes. His tactics were described as a 'defensive masterclass'.

Very very true! We had more shots on goal than Utd did until the 75th minute, we (on our budget) were awesome, and when The special one does it (with a blank chequebook) it's a defensive masterclass.... Walter Smith pulled off a great result.

Stan is a complete fanny all he is good for is beating up woman and talking shit about managers that he isn't fit to lick the boots of..... fanny!
Predictions: Accies to div.1, Livi to be top 6 in the SPL within 5 years, Dundee to be SPL within 3, Perthshirebell to be reinstated and made mod and finally every new poster with bad patter to be called "KrisBoyd alias" :lol: This is no hibeejibee.

Cowden til i die

Cowden til i die

Undefined

• Gold Members
  • 14,771 posts
  • My Team:Cowdenbeath
Usual pish from Cameron. I particularly like 'I could bore you all with the many discrepancies between Man Utd and Rangers financially but I won't bother as any halfwit with half a brain can see the gulf in class on the pitch and in the spending power of each team.' Surely he can see the irony. I dont think i could help but saying something to him if i ever saw him.

DJP

DJP

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 13,243 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
I say well done Rangers. Could prove to be a big point for them come the end of the campagin.
Because we all knew who's fault it was
And we all knew who's fault it was
And I write your requiem the day your dead
And I write your requiem the day your dead
Die, one day, goodbye

Blue-Orchid

Blue-Orchid

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • My Team:Stranraer
Althogh I couldn't care much for Celtic or Rangers I always like to see them do well in Europe. This was a result gained from Smiths astute tactics, something he has done to great affect on more than just this occassion. Collymore is renowend fud. Don't know why Cameron even rose to his shit comments.

Credit where credits due. This was a fantastic result for not just Rangers but, for Scottish football.

1870 Blue Boys! :guns 

Celtic Glasgow

Celtic Glasgow

Junior League Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • My Team:Celtic
too long / didnt read.
someone want to make a summary of it for me :huh:
"Englands world cup training camp is infested with deadly, poisonous
snakes. Apparently the black mamba has enough venom to kill two
football squads. In that case, I choose Rangers and
Chelsea."

- Frankie Boyle

Cowden til i die

Cowden til i die

Undefined

• Gold Members
  • 14,771 posts

This was a fantastic result for not just Rangers but, for Scottish football.

I hate when people use this term. It makes absolutely no difference to me or my club except that maybe another few hundred people from my local town will decide to buy a Rangers top instead of supporting their local team because they got a draw with Man Utd. I couldnt care less about the coefficient.

joe pineapples

joe pineapples

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
:lol: if that's short and sweet, what waffle does that headgear come out with on a regular basis?

Jinky67

Jinky67

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts
Ewan Cameron is a hypocrite, he slated Walter Smith time and time again for his "anti-football" tactics on Rangers Uefa Cup run.

As for saying Mourinho adopted same tactics as Smith to beat Barca? Completely different Scenario considering Inter Milan were playing with 10 men for over an hour.

No doubt though smith knows how to play defensive football as well as anyone else. They just dont know or have the quality to punish teams on the counter

Edited by Jinky67, 16 September 2010 - 20:54.

Sergeant Wilson

Sergeant Wilson

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,503 posts
  • My Team:Other

This was a fantastic result for not just Rangers but, for Scottish football.

But not for football in general.
Do you think that's wise, sir.

gersgh

gersgh

Sunday League Starter

• Gold Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

But not for football in general.

and mourinho has won the champs league twice and rangers are going out in the group stages - big deal!

Blue-Orchid

Blue-Orchid

Third Division Apprentice

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • My Team:Stranraer

I hate when people use this term. It makes absolutely no difference to me or my club except that maybe another few hundred people from my local town will decide to buy a Rangers top instead of supporting their local team because they got a draw with Man Utd. I couldnt care less about the coefficient.

So this result helps Rangers progress further in Europe. Rangers are a Scottish club. The better Scottish clubs do the more chance of other Scottish clubs getting the opportunity to qualify for European compitition, which leads to more income to the Scottish game.

Not rocket science.

1870 Blue Boys! :guns 

Jinky67

Jinky67

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,991 posts

So this result helps Rangers progress further in Europe. Rangers are a Scottish club. The better Scottish clubs do the more chance of other Scottish clubs getting the opportunity to qualify for European compitition, which leads to more income to the Scottish game.

Not rocket science.

I dont see how it helps. Rangers going away from home has never been their problem as shown over the past few years.

Its at home where they are expected to attack and try win the game is where they let themselves down

Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

Le Lasley Français

• Platinum Members
  • 29,970 posts
  • My Team:Motherwell
  • Gamertag:PSN - BabyFratelli
Stan Collymore is an utter twat who knows little about football, who cares what he thinks?

ZexObsn.png

GBNF, brother. No kings.

Sergeant Wilson

Sergeant Wilson

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,503 posts

Stan Collymore is an utter twat who knows little about football, who cares what he thinks?

And Ewen Cameron isn't?

Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

Le Lasley Français

• Platinum Members
  • 29,970 posts

And Ewen Cameron isn't?

He knows more than Collymore that is for sure.

ZexObsn.png

GBNF, brother. No kings.

Sergeant Wilson

Sergeant Wilson

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,503 posts

Well he's never demonstrated it in any of his work I've ever had the misfortune to become aware off. The lowest common denominator seems to be his modus operandi (as the pope might say) I don't doubt Collymore might be a tube. But Cameron proves he's one time and again.

Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside

Le Lasley Français

• Platinum Members
  • 29,970 posts

Well he's never demonstrated it in any of his work I've ever had the misfortune to become aware off. The lowest common denominator seems to be his modus operandi (as the pope might say) I don't doubt Collymore might be a tube. But Cameron proves he's one time and again.

As does Stan.

ZexObsn.png

GBNF, brother. No kings.

Sergeant Wilson

Sergeant Wilson

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,503 posts

As does Stan.

Well let's agree they are both tubes. I didn't base my opinion that the game was dreadful after reading or listening to either of them.

youngsy

youngsy

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 7,102 posts

too long / didnt read.
someone want to make a summary of it for me Posted Image

Basically Rangers defensive display was magnificient or words to that effect.

sky+remote

sky+remote

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • My Team:Kilmarnock
But lets be honest, it didn't tell us much about Collymore, I mean this is the guy that said the EPL should be increased to 25 teams, so that there were 50 games a season. That was his mistake, not mine.

Cowden til i die

Cowden til i die

Undefined

• Gold Members
  • 14,771 posts

Utter pish. They are both complete morons who have nothing of interest to say unless you have learning difficulties. Euan Cameron would struggle to name more than 3 teams in Scotland.

The world is full of talentless idiots.

banterman86

banterman86

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,217 posts

Zzzzzz.

Too long.

That's what I was thinking.

On the few occassions I have been in a mood sado masochistic enough to tune into Real Radio, I've found Cameron to be utterly lacking in media skills.

He's like the Kyle Lafferty of Scottish Football broadcasting.
I [agree/disagree] with your assessment because you [praised/insulted] a [team/person] that I [support/loathe]. Furthermore, I [admire/ridicule] your writing based on the previous statement, and not on the merit of what was actually written.

[Insert final attempt to be witty here]

Mr Mojo Rising

Mr Mojo Rising

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,968 posts
I'm not sure why people get that bothered by Collymore, his reaction to rangers' performance shows perfectly why he's earning a living on white-van-man radio rather than being directly involved in football in either a managerial or coaching capacity.

FWIW I think that football teams do have a responsibility to entertain seeing as football is essentially in the entertainment business but the obligation is only owed to one set of people: their own fans. Fans can waive their right if they want, and if you asked any rangers supporter whether they would rather go down to Old Trafford, attempt to play attacking football and in all liklihood get hammered or go down and play pragmatically using the defensive tactics that Smith is so good at and possibly sneak at least a point then I don't think you would get one person who would want the first option.

I'd be surprised if rangers season ticket holders would tolerate that kind of football every second week at ibrox when, due to much better resources, they should have a far better football team than 10 of the 11 other clubs. As it happens the boot was on the other foot and they were playing a team whose resources dwarfed their own so negative football was absolutely the right thing to do. They don't owe any obligation to Man U fans, neutral armchair fans or to Stan Collymore.

Only when actual rangers fans start criticising their team's style of play should they think about changing it, and the same goes for any other football club.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 22,665 posts

Only when actual rangers fans start criticising their team's style of play should they think about changing it, and the same goes for any other football club.

Agreed with you right up until this point. I have to disagree to a certain extent..If you knew just how fickle SOME Rangers can be you would understand why. If Rangers had conceded an injury time goal there would have been thousands calling for Smiths head and asking why we didn't have a go and why Weiss didn't play.

I can guarantee tomorrow at the game at least 2 possibly 3 of the people who sit next to me will be moaning about it regardless of the result.

IMHO the manager should always do what HE thinks is best for the team/club regardless of the fans opinions. He is the one who will live or die by the decision at the end of the day
The Badge on the front of the Jerseys

Is more important than the names on the back

Jinky67

Jinky67

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,991 posts

Agreed with you right up until this point. I have to disagree to a certain extent..If you knew just how fickle SOME Rangers can be you would understand why. If Rangers had conceded an injury time goal there would have been thousands calling for Smiths head and asking why we didn't have a go and why Weiss didn't play.

I can guarantee tomorrow at the game at least 2 possibly 3 of the people who sit next to me will be moaning about it regardless of the result.

IMHO the manager should always do what HE thinks is best for the team/club regardless of the fans opinions. He is the one who will live or die by the decision at the end of the day

It will always be so in the case of fickle fans.

During the run to the Uefa Cup final Walter Smith was blasted for the negative tactics that got them there. Ewan Cameron was one of them Posted Image

Mr Mojo Rising

Mr Mojo Rising

Golden Shoe Candidate

• Gold Members
  • 4,968 posts

When I said that I didn't mean the odd fickle arsehole, you can't please everyone all the time. What I mean is that, when a large majority of season ticket holders start strongly complaining about the style of play then you have to sit up and take notice. Like I said, football is in the entertainment business, people ultimately follow football to be entertained and for their own enjoyment and if fans are being bored rigid every second week then when renewal time comes a lot will think twice about it. Teams need to please their own fans and their own fans only. If a majority of their fans are happy with defensive football then that's fair enough.

No8.

No8.

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 22,665 posts

It will always be so in the case of fickle fans.

During the run to the Uefa Cup final Walter Smith was blasted for the negative tactics that got them there. Ewan Cameron was one of them Posted Image

He has also slagged of Barry Ferguson in the past but now seems to be leading some kind of campaign to have him back. Don't get me wrong i would love to see Ferguson back for Scotlands sake but after the atrocious way he was treated by the SFA i am surprised he is even considering it.
The Badge on the front of the Jerseys

Is more important than the names on the back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users