Choose your preferred team below. Close
Scotland (Default) Aberdeen Airdrie Utd Albion Rovers Alloa Athletic Annan Athletic Arbroath Ayr Utd Berwick Rangers Brechin City Celtic Clyde Cowdenbeath Dumbarton Dundee Dundee Utd Dunfermline East Fife East Stirlingshire Elgin City Falkirk Forfar Athletic Greenock Morton Hamilton Accies Hearts Hibernian Inverness Caley Kilmarnock Livingston Montrose Motherwell Partick Thistle Peterhead QoS Queens Park Raith Rovers Rangers Ross County St.Johnstone St.Mirren Stenhousemuir Stirling Albion Stranraer
Photo

Football Manager 2011 - FM FM FM FM FM FM

• Please log in to reply
2056 replies to this topic

AirdrieGuy

AirdrieGuy

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • My Team:Airdrieonians
Finished my 1st season with Dundee United. Did well in Europe knocking out Montpellier to get to the Europa League group stage, didn't make it through the group however. Lost 4-3 to Celtic in the league cup final, and was knocked out the Scottish Cup by Motherwell in the 4th round. Hearts won the spl on the last day, and Dunfermline won the Scottish Cup.

Casper Rose

Casper Rose

First Division Signing Target

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • My Team:Scotland
Did anyone get the April Fool from FM? Absolutely tremendous, shat my pants when I first seen it showed my brother and everything, then was in stitches at it!

ballymoneyyin

ballymoneyyin

First Division Superstar

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
  • My Team:Rangers
  • Gamertag:psn: TheKopEnd1892

Did anyone get the April Fool from FM? Absolutely tremendous, shat my pants when I first seen it showed my brother and everything, then was in stitches at it!

no. what was it?

^^^knows the score

South Lanarkshire Jag

South Lanarkshire Jag

Feed The Dug.

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,611 posts
  • My Team:Partick Thistle

no. what was it?

If your on April the 1st in the game, on April the 1st, then there is a message that offers the chairman to invest £500m in your club(regardless of who you are) and you just need to "accept". When you accept a box comes up saying "dont think we'd make it that easy do you"

Been in FM for a few years now and shows they have a sense of humour.

Cowden til i die

Cowden til i die

Undefined

• Gold Members
  • 14,674 posts
  • My Team:Cowdenbeath
Got Scotland up to 7th in the world and the board are still only satisfied. f**k you.

jojo

jojo

Third Division Regular

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • My Team:St.Johnstone
how do you get data editor on fm 11 if you installed it on steam?
The only way to deal with a unfree world is to become absolutely free, so your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Smurph

Smurph

Wubwubwubwub

• Gold Members
  • 13,517 posts
M. Wallace

Donnyarb

Donnyarb

My hero.

• Gold Members
  • 12,424 posts
  • My Team:Arbroath
Just can't seem to get into a game just now :(
I defeated the..

Captain of the Hairy Beavers AND Badger in the Rye, and P&B Survivor Game One AND Survivor Game Two WINNER

Djemba-Djemba

Djemba-Djemba

#Djemba4WorldCup

• Platinum Members
  • 9,971 posts
  • My Team:St.Mirren
  • Gamertag:RossCSmfc
Doing quite well so far in my new St Mirren save. Sitting in 4th place after 10 games which included a 1-0 SPL win at Parkned :)

Have moved a lot of players in and out. Brought in just Mikael Antoine Curier, Remi Sergio & Njogu Demba-Nyren on cheap frees and have let go of; Lynch, McCluskey, McQuade, Goodwin, Thomson, Dargo, Wardlaw, Brady, Mair & Samson, 4 or 5 on frees and some silly clubs were actually willing to spend money on some of these duds! Sold Kenny McLean to Bolton for £500k plus various add-ons. Trying to keep a much smaller squad with and spending very little on wages, trying to blood some young players through from the U19s so far which is working with Ally Love & Jamie McKernon. Bolton are also now tracking Conor Ramsay for another £400k!

Also signed Donal McDermott on loan from Man City, who they offered to me on loan as they're my new parent club. Problem is, though, when I try to sign a different loan-listed player from them, they are demanding loan fees and want me to pay the wages! This isn't part of the deal so does anyone know how to get around this?

Edited by Jobby, 04 April 2011 - 11:30.

4jhefNb.gif?1?4739

SOL

SOL

First Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • My Team:Hibernian
Started a new game earlier with Hibs.

My Team:4-4-2

Mäenpää

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Murray/Booth

Wotherspoon
Miller/Palsson
Taouli
Riordan

Le Forde
Rooney

Subs:
Bell
Tommy Smith
Murray/Booth
Miller/Palsson
Scott/Kenny McLean
Conor Ramsey
Vaz Te
Petrie and Calderwood the two men killing Hibernian football club.

yoda

yoda

A Team Of Kettlewells

• Gold Members
  • 14,186 posts
  • My Team:Ross County
What shite part-time team should I go in Scotland or England?
kTJIMqD.png

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 11,983 posts
  • My Team:Clyde
Clyde

alang1993

alang1993

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
im stirling at the moment and currently have 4 players on loan but i want to terminate Michael Doyle's loan. Does anyone know how you do this?:huh:

cheers :)

rw89

rw89

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 12,351 posts
  • My Team:Raith Rovers
Anyone know where I can download an english language pack for FM2011? Got my French flatmates copy, but the only language it has is French on it. Going to try googling for now but any information would be good.

#DareToBairdy

My twitter

port-ton

port-ton

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 10,785 posts
  • My Team:Greenock Morton
Just finished a my first season with Spurs. Started the season horribly, not winning in my first 5 games and things werent looking good for my stay at white hart lane. Lost 1-0 at home to Sampdoria in the champions league qualifier aswell, and was 1-0 down in the return leg aswell until 86th and 89th minute goals put me through on away goals. Flukey or what.

Changed the system i played slightly and went on an incredible run which despite my start left me battling it out for first place with Man City up until about February. Think i went something like 13 games unbeaten, winning most of them in that time. Then it came to February/March time and the players from the beginning of the season showed up again, getting pumped by Barca in the champions league knockout stage and generally being unable to win any games. A 4-0 going on 10-0 league cup final win against Liverpool was the only decent part of the last part of the season as i continued to get beat in nearly every game even by teams like Bolton and West Brom, and finished a lowly 6th which was disappointing as at one point we were playing amazing football and looked unbeatable.
Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

Ric - Forgotten but not gone.

FFC_GJS

FFC_GJS

Third Division Reserve

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • My Team:Falkirk
I've had a game which I've been playing on off since mid January with Borussia Monchengaldbach. First season brought in Christian Benitez and Pavel Niakhaichik after shifting on some of the drap in the squad. I finished 12th in the Bundesliga. In the 2nd season my major signings were Nenad Tomovic from Genoa, Erik Pieters from PSV, Anton Putsila from Freiburg and Jirl Kladrubsky from Sparta Prague. I went out the German Cup in the first round to a lower division side but having only the one competition to focus on helped us. Christian Benitez turned into a goal machine scoring 27 goals in 33 league games to lead us to the title. We were miles clear at the Christmas break but almost blew it in the second half of the season when Bayern got level on points with only 3 games to go.

Season 3 saw the arrival of Julio Baptista and Dawid Janczyk on free transfers, 19 year old regen Andreas Patjas from FC Copenhagen (£1.7m) and Sami Khedira from Schalke for £9.25m. I again had a good first half of the season sitting second going into the winter break. I also finished 2nd in my Champions League group to Atletico Madrid though I went out the Cup in the 2nd round. In January I signed Dennis Aogo from relegated Hamburg. I made it to the Quarter finals of the Champions League before going out to Inter Milan. I finished poorly in the league which lead to me finishing 5th 6 points of the Champions League spot in 4th.

At the start of season 4 I made only 1 major signing 19 year old wonderkid Pablo Vicente from Zenit for £11.25m. Though my own wonderkid from my youth system, Amel Kvesic, was like having another signing. I'd given him a few games in the 2 previous seasons but he was now my 2nd best striker after Benitez (age 17). He scored a hattrick against a 3rd division side in the cup but picked up an injury was out for a few weeks. I started pretty averagely in the league but eased through my Europa League group consisting of Villareal, SPL Champions Hearts and Aalborg. Benitez who was struggling for goals picked up an injury shortly after Kvesic's return to fitness. Kvesic went on a insane scoring run and Benitez never regained his place in the side. In Jnuary Arsenal met Micheal Bradley's release fee of £5.75m, I replaced him with Lucas Biglia of Anderlecht (£6.5m). I ended up finishing 2nd in the league, got to the last 16 of the Europa League and Quarter Finals of the cup. Kvesic finshed league top scorer with 27 goals and finsihed with the leagues highest average rating. He scored a total of 35 in 46 games.

I'm now at the start of my 5th season and I have added Sergio Romero and James Rodriguez to my squad for a total of £8.75m as well as a couple of fringe players on free transfers. I sold Logan Bailly to Stuttgart and Julio Baptista to Freiburg. I'm still looking for a centre back. My starting 11 looks like:

Romero

Tomovic Dante Patjas Aogo

Khedira Biglia

Niakhaichik Vicente Rodriguez

Kvesic

yoda

yoda

A Team Of Kettlewells

• Gold Members
  • 14,186 posts
  • My Team:Ross County
Did a bit of editing, sticking Calderwood to County and making a couple of players in the First a bit better (and some a bit worse). I also decided to craftily relegate Dundee to the Third Division because they deserve it 8)

Started unemployed, and I got the Barnet job. I said I can avoid relegation (predicted to finish 23rd by the media). Brought in a few decent loan players and free transfers. Tresor Kandol and Eric Paton being the star signings.
kTJIMqD.png

alang1993

alang1993

Third Division Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
I've had 11 red cards and its only january, its a conspiracy :angry:

Although, i am Stirling Albion so at least the game is accurate :ph34r:

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Start the Panic

• Gold Members
  • 15,577 posts
Can anyone point me in the way of some proper Irn-Bru banners at the top of the page? I can't seem to find any on FM-Base or Sortitoutsi.

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 11,983 posts

Can anyone point me in the way of some proper Irn-Bru banners at the top of the page? I can't seem to find any on FM-Base or Sortitoutsi.

The one in the white cirle?

Attached File  ibru.png   164.47KB   57 downloads

They came with the logo megapack I downloaded.

Edited by C. Muir, 12 April 2011 - 13:38.

Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio

Start the Panic

• Gold Members
  • 15,577 posts

The one in the white cirle?

Attached File  ibru.png   164.47KB   57 downloads

They came with the logo megapack I downloaded.

Aye, that's the one. Can you send me the link to it please?

Gaz

Gaz

I'm a bit of an expert at these things, you know.

• Gold Members
  • 20,093 posts
  • Gamertag:Gazcobain
Was bored the other night so started a new game with Newcastle.

Despite being given a transfer budget of £20m, I am attempting to keep them in the Premiership without spending any money. Haven't brought in any players whatsoever and terminated Stephen Ireland's loan to save some cash. Despite having an apalling injury record I'm doing not bad.

Currently sitting 12th in the Premiership on 25 points, 7 clear of the relegation zone, after 21 games.

Good results - beating Spurs 3-1 at home (in the League Cup), 3-1 away to West Brom, 4-0 at home to Fulham, 2-0 at home to Man Utd, 2-2 away to Arsenal, 0-0 away to Liverpool (all in the league).

Bad results - losing 4-1 at home to Liverpool, 3-1 at home to West Ham, 3-0 at home to Bolton, drawing 1-1 away to Blackpool and 0-0 at home to Wolves (all in the league).

Remember the Donald dewer statue in Glasgow was on a lower plinth and they had to move it higher due to folk tampering with it? It was being reported on BBC reporting Scotland and they showed cctv footage. The footage was me and my mate pretending to have a threesome with it. Nearly choked on my super noodles that night when the news came on

C. Muir

C. Muir

He Scores When He Wants

• Gold Members
  • 11,983 posts

Aye, that's the one. Can you send me the link to it please?

It's a torrent and takes about a full day for the download to complete. Or you can download the pack in 3 seperate stages but I just downloaded the torrent anyway as when you switch your PC off the download still carries on.

Clicky

edit: obviously you need to download bitTorrent or something similar in order to download the torrent.

Edited by C. Muir, 12 April 2011 - 14:29.

gav-ffc

gav-ffc

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,732 posts
Anyone got fm 2008?

#wearefalkirk

Rab-QPFC-1867

Rab-QPFC-1867

Sunday League Sub

• Gold Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • My Team:Queen's Park
  • Gamertag:RAB-_-HTID
Started with Sunderland and Shakhtar Donestk. Cant play with 1 team i get boredPosted Image
Safc & QPFC

HEY_SIDNEY

HEY_SIDNEY

SPL Sub

• Gold Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • My Team:Other
  • Gamertag:XBOX - Sidders9

Anyone got fm 2008?

YEP

You People... You Know Who I Am... But You Don't Know Why I'm Here

gav-ffc

gav-ffc

Golden Shoe Winner

• Gold Members
  • 9,732 posts
Selling?

#wearefalkirk

Smurph

Smurph

Wubwubwubwub

• Gold Members
  • 13,517 posts
This game isn't working for me either. :unsure:

I press play on Steam and hear a noise (like when windows explorer pops up unexpectantly?) and there's nothing there or in the background.

Djemba-Djemba

Djemba-Djemba

#Djemba4WorldCup

• Platinum Members
  • 9,971 posts
  • Gamertag:RossCSmfc
Mine isn't working either <_<

4jhefNb.gif?1?4739

Smurph

Smurph

Wubwubwubwub

• Gold Members
  • 13,517 posts
What happens when you try to get on? Does anything come up? I sent them an e-mail and they replied with

Hello Smurph ya sexy beast ye, The following is information referring to Football Manager 2010. If you are currently running Vista or Windows 7, please complete this guide: Title: Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting Link: http://support.steam...=5688-IFHZ-2170 You may need to manually run secondary installers required by this game. Please exit Steam entirely and then download and run this installer: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) Follow the link for the installation package: http://www.microsoft...4d-389c36f85647 Once complete, please go to: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\directx and run these installers: dotnetfx.exe DXSETUP.exe You can now log back into Steam and try re-launching this game. If the issues persist, please contact the Sega Support team from this guide: Title: Football/Worldwide Soccer Manager series Link: http://support.steam...=4542-GJKV-5969

I haven't tried it yet though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users